BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _DR:
Also, is there anything preventing me from running the smg racheting top cover with my Model B? I dislike the ominous Ruger-esque warning stamped into the semiauto top cover.

View Quote

Yes, your bolt won’t travel far enough rearward for it to disengage.  It can be removed and you can use it on your semi.  They are not hard to adjust if fitting is needed at all and they are way more than $10 now.

As an aside, I put one of the warning marked plates on one of my ratcheting cover that’s on my SMG.  I like the irony of it all.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:05:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Dakota_Don:

Yes, your bolt won’t travel far enough rearward for it to disengage.  It can be removed and you can use it on your semi.  They are not hard to adjust if fitting is needed at all and they are way more than $10 now.

As an aside, I put one of the warning marked plates on one of my ratcheting cover that’s on my SMG.  I like the irony of it all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dakota_Don:
Originally Posted By _DR:
Also, is there anything preventing me from running the smg racheting top cover with my Model B? I dislike the ominous Ruger-esque warning stamped into the semiauto top cover.

I wanted to keep my factory semi-auto top cover clean so when I bought a red dot mount I had to drill in I also purchased a surplus SMG top cover and removed the ratcheting mechanism. It's pretty simple to do.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top