Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2024 12:28:25 PM EDT
Im looking for a small IFACK pouch. Im putting it on a BFG 10 speed chest rig. I just want something small. Ive got a small trauma kit now! but it seems way to big and bulky for such a light weight rig. Looking for more options so I dont just keep spending money.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Thought about putting a mini-dangler on it?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
To be honest. Im not sure what a mini dangler is.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Decide if you want a dangler, if not let us know how many columns and rows of MOLLE you've got to work with and whether you need to include a TQ and trauma sheers with it.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Danglers are those pouches that drop below the chest rig.  They are usually pretty big.  The 'mini' danglers are short and squat - just big enough for a minimalist IFAK.  They don't flop around as much as the bigger ones.  It's what I use on my Haley mini chest rig.  If you are careful what you put in there (the specific items - like, you won't be able to fit a full size israeli bandage, so you will want to use a different pressure dressing, that's the big one) you can get a complete IFAK in there.

As for tourniquet, you can get elastic webbing tourniquet holder that will hold a tourniquet nestled between the top of the dangler and the bottom of the chest rig.  Personally I just bought a cheapo USGI surplus flashbang pouch and stuck it on the side of the chest rig for the tourniquet.  

You might need to put the scissors tucked in somewhere else if you want to run scissors.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure about doing a dangler. The whole point of this rig is a lightweight grab and go for use with a rifle. It would be added to my normal edc gear for when a handgun isn’t quite enough. I would like a full ifak but it’s looking like that my not be feasible. The 10speed has 3 rows across and 3 rows vertical. On each side. If i have to ditch scissors thats ok but id realy like a  Tourniquet if possible.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By makattack:
Not sure about doing a dangler. The whole point of this rig is a lightweight grab and go for use with a rifle. It would be added to my normal edc gear for when a handgun isn’t quite enough. I would like a full ifak but it’s looking like that my not be feasible. The 10speed has 3 rows across and 3 rows vertical. On each side. If i have to ditch scissors thats ok but id realy like a  Tourniquet if possible.
View Quote

Look at the dangler posted above.  It's not big, it's lightweight, and out of the way.  I have mine on a little Haley rig, it works fine.  

I do have a full IFAK, other than scissors.  Celox bandage, 2 x gauze, 2 x chest seals, airway, decompression needle, gloves, etc.  I just have to be careful which brand and specific model of items I put in there.

If you want one to go on the side on those 3 columns, just get a surplus IFAK pouch and be careful what you put in there.  They're cheap and work.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
The Agilite MD2 is a great small IFAK
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#9]
If you're trying to keep your overall setup slick, I'd consider spreading out your med gear where you can. Maybe split between a belt/carrier or carrier/bag.
On a skinny carrier, consider the medmag concept. NAR Eagle, NAR Eagle pouch and Blackfolium RIFAK are a bit dated nowadays but not a bad starting point.

If you've already got 2-4 mag pouches, throw a medmag in one if those pouches. Anything that doesn't fit, that you still want on you, or extra bases you want covered can go onto a belt.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:11:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperStormBryan] [#10]
Tactical Tailor IFAK insert.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019959327

Just run it in what ever pouch you can.  It is indeed a very small IFAK pouch though.

Or just the USGI insert and smoosh that where ever.  You could get a cheap canteen pouch for it.

https://www.venturesurplus.com/products/ifak-insert/

If you want a tourniquet carrier, I'd recommend the Tactical Tailor one:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019961112?pid=265976

Whatever one you get, if you get one, don't get the NAR ones, they suck, they bind, they only work with CATs.

I wouldn't even take up a whole molle column with it, just take some paracord and weave it through same edge as your IFAK closest to the middle of your chest.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:29:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SuperStormBryan:
Tactical Tailor IFAK insert.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019959327

Just run it in what ever pouch you can.  It is indeed a very small IFAK pouch though.

Or just the USGI insert and smoosh that where ever.  You could get a cheap canteen pouch for it.

https://www.venturesurplus.com/products/ifak-insert/

If you want a tourniquet carrier, I'd recommend the Tactical Tailor one:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019961112?pid=265976

Whatever one you get, if you get one, don't get the NAR ones, they suck, they bind, they only work with CATs.

I wouldn't even take up a whole molle column with it, just take some paracord and weave it through same edge as your IFAK closest to the middle of your chest.
View Quote

The mag pouch ifak inserts like the TT one mentioned above works fine if you are SUPER careful what you put in it.  I run an insert like that on my belt kit, and I can fit a full IFAK, but I had to go pick VERY specific IFAK items to make them fit.  They do work great though.

The issue IFAK insert and a canteen pouch mentioned above is a good choice too.  Cheap option, which isn't a bad thing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Not sure what your budget or gear preferences are, but condor actually makes a decent small ifak called the first response. I think they have a micro kit out too. I have that one on a lightweight chest rig and it seems to do fine.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:18:06 AM EDT
[#13]
3x3 molle area is a decent sized area for a pouch.  Personally I am a proponent of putting your med gear in a ziplock bag and then putting that in a pouch.  KISS. A molle canteen pouch, SAW 100 round pouch (which is what the first version USGI IFAK pouch is) are two good options.  You don’t want to ditch shears. You’ll need a way to expose the wound to treat it.  That’s easy enough as pushing a set of shears through a column of molle behind the IFAK pouch.  You can always put a TQ on the shoulder strap, either with a dedicated pouch or rubber band/hair tie.  Personally, I like the Gen 2 USGI TQ pouches.  They encapsulate the whole thing and are easy to access.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Im really starting to like the idea of a mag pouch insert with a separate tq carrier. Im not going to carry mags in all the pouches anyway. Plus that opens up my molle to give me a spot for a radio later if need be. Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Ive got alot to research.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah that's how I roll.  Many times I don't need 4 x 30-rd mag pouches, so I will use one for a GSW kit, and another for a smoke.  

I'm with Cap6888, I put my gunshot wound kit in a baggie and then wrap that with an insert, and then into a mag pouch.  Loops on insert which allow me to pull it out of pouch.  TQ can be added on top/side, and/or worn separately.

Also I will carry boo-boo kit separately, either underneath GSW kit, or with other sustainment items.  Some will combine these items.  

Lotsa ways to do this.  This is "A" way.

Link Posted: 7/8/2024 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Diz:
I'm with Cap6888, I put my gunshot wound kit in a baggie and then wrap that with an insert, and then into a mag pouch.  Loops on insert which allow me to pull it out of pouch.  TQ can be added on top/side, and/or worn separately.
View Quote

Hmmmm, I like this idea.  A pull out tray/insert is easy enough to make too.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#17]
They make inserts that fit into magazine slots.  They can hold a small compression wrap, chest seal and compressed gauze.  You could then use something like like in the pic below that fits into molle to hold the TQ.  Common IFAK items below as well that show the measurements and compared to a magazine.  A double mole magazine pouch will hold everything you need for a minimalist IFAK.

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#18]
@RebleYell
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:
They make inserts that fit into magazine slots.  They can hold a small compression wrap, chest seal and compressed gauze.  You could then use something like like in the pic below that fits into molle to hold the TQ.  Common IFAK items below as well that show the measurements and compared to a magazine.  A double mole magazine pouch will hold everything you need for a minimalist IFAK.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/278288/IMG_0525-3262327.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/278288/IMG_0528-3262328.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/278288/IMG_7227-3262330.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/278288/IMG_0532-3262332.jpg
View Quote

You can gain alot more space / make it more compact if you swap out the 6" israeli dressing for a 4" one or even better, one of the thin, flat-folded H&R or whatever that medical company pressure bandages are.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I use an HSGI bleeder/blowout pouch on all my PCs/chest rigs. It’s about the size of a mag pouch but more adjustable/flexible, and has a quick pull strap inside for one handed removing of contents. It’s easy to attach a tourniquet on either side and enough room inside for the basics (Olaes or Israeli bandage, QC, a compress, rolled gauze). There’s a place to strap in shears in the back. I have to carry chest seals elsewhere, like my admin pouch.
Retail is kinda steep, but they can usually be found for less than half that on fleabay.
HSGI is solid kit.

HSGI blowout pouch
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#21]
https://www.coyotetacticalsolutions.com/products/burrito/
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By marnsdorff:

You can gain alot more space / make it more compact if you swap out the 6" israeli dressing for a 4" one or even better, one of the thin, flat-folded H&R or whatever that medical company pressure bandages are.
View Quote

I don’t use the Israeli compression wraps in kit Ifaks, was only in pics for size reference.  Thought I included the pics below but did not. I do use the smaller 4in thinner/ mini wraps like in the pic below.

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 2:17:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#23]
use a mag pouch?

Or heck, just grab a TQ on a MOLLE holder, stick a pressure dressing, 14G needle and a Hyfin in an admin pouch.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By NotIssued:
use a mag pouch?

Or heck, just grab a TQ on a MOLLE holder, stick a pressure dressing, 14G needle and a Hyfin in an admin pouch.
View Quote

Tactical Tailor double .308 mag pouches are perfect for a med insert. TQ is going to have to be mounted elsewhere, but I have a couple belts with that setup.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#25]
The most compct IFAK that I could put together for a placard I have (the IFAK is pretty small) is this:

SWAT-T
Combat Gauze
NPA
Compact Hyfin Chest Seals
Mylar Survival Blanket
Benchmade 7
Non-Latex Gloves
Optional: Sharpie and Decomp. Needle

I keep toying with the idea of two T3 Israeli Bandages - you can do a lot with just a pair of these and ultra-lightweight as well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#26]
My IFAK is for when I get shot.

Chief among the items being chest seals. I would hate to store them over my chest, in case I get shot in the chest.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Ok, I got a hsgi mag insert. It will not fit in the 10 speed mag pouches. They are way too tight. I think Im just going to put a smaller 4" pressure dressing and mini gauze with mini chest seals crammed in a mag pouch on the far right tq carrier right beside it and call it good. Scissors fit behind tq carrier. Thanks fellas. I would have saved a lot of money an aggravation if i had asked before I jumped into this.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By makattack:
Ok, I got a hsgi mag insert. It will not fit in the 10 speed mag pouches. They are way too tight. I think Im just going to put a smaller 4" pressure dressing and mini gauze with mini chest seals crammed in a mag pouch on the far right tq carrier right beside it and call it good. Scissors fit behind tq carrier. Thanks fellas. I would have saved a lot of money an aggravation if i had asked before I jumped into this.
View Quote

Yea, alot of mag pouches are too small for the inserts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top