Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You know I keep re-reading this thread and pulling more things out of it.  One point Augee has made, which bears further thought, is his comment about what TNVC is selling, vs the Chinese products we have been cussing and discussing here.  I think we need to roll that out and explore a little more.  I am not going to sit here and pretend form factor isn't a consideration for me.  Regardless of what I or anybody else may say about it, anybody with half a brain is going to realize that hey, these guys want something that looks like what the big boys use.  So let's get that out of the way.  Augee makes the very valid point, of why we are pursuing less than perfect lasers, perhaps just for the form factor, when TNVC (and others) can sell you arguably better units.  Now taking out the fact that he has a vested interest in you buying what they sell, this is a valid point; taking in all the factors here, something like a Mini-Tor, or the Holosun IRIS for that matter, might be a better choice.  

Also, Augee and I disagree about the likelihood of the "boog" kicking off.  But at least he agrees to discuss it.  Neither of us know what the future may hold.  And what our part may be in it.  Much less what weapons and equipment may be required.  We have discussed T,T,P's, from Vietnam era, through the Gulf Wars, and up to the modern times.  We have discussed conventual vs unconventional warfare.  And finally, how laser aiming devices fit into all of this.  Will they even be a factor?   If so, what features should they have.  And how durable do they need to be.  And the answer to that is we just don't know.  

Another factor, which again I will freely admit, is I enjoy giving a big middle finger to the MIC, who constantly refuse to sell me the same items being used by the government, be it a full-auto Mk 18, or full-powered laser.  I resent the hell out of that, and buying and using these lasers (and other stuff) from China is one form of protest.  This puts some vendors in the crossfire.  They take a lot of heat for shit that is beyond their control.  But they also defend the MIC, which they are a part of, so this leads to some conflicts here.   The fact that we are in a separate Chinese NV products forum is a testament to the demand for these products, and some people's desires to keep them from us.  Be it government or industry.  Should I just say fuckit, and re-quip with the IRIS when it finally hits the streets?  Probably.  But will I continue to use SG PEQ-15's and NGALs?  Hell yeah, until they finally agree to sell us full-powered ones.  

So for sure, in the interest of full disclosure, this is why I am using these Chinese products.  You may agree or disagree with what I'm doing, but you should have the freedom to make that choice yourself, without anyone else trying to keep that information from you, for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Diz:
You know I keep re-reading this thread and pulling more things out of it.  One point Augee has made, which bears further thought, is his comment about what TNVC is selling, vs the Chinese products we have been cussing and discussing here.  I think we need to roll that out and explore a little more.  I am not going to sit here and pretend form factor isn't a consideration for me.  Regardless of what I or anybody else may say about it, anybody with half a brain is going to realize that hey, these guys want something that looks like what the big boys use.  So let's get that out of the way.  Augee makes the very valid point, of why we are pursuing less than perfect lasers, perhaps just for the form factor, when TNVC (and others) can sell you arguably better units.  Now taking out the fact that he has a vested interest in you buying what they sell, this is a valid point; taking in all the factors here, something like a Mini-Tor, or the Holosun IRIS for that matter, might be a better choice.  

Also, Augee and I disagree about the likelihood of the "boog" kicking off.  But at least he agrees to discuss it.  Neither of us know what the future may hold.  And what our part may be in it.  Much less what weapons and equipment may be required.  We have discussed T,T,P's, from Vietnam era, through the Gulf Wars, and up to the modern times.  We have discussed conventual vs unconventional warfare.  And finally, how laser aiming devices fit into all of this.  Will they even be a factor?   If so, what features should they have.  And how durable do they need to be.  And the answer to that is we just don't know.  

Another factor, which again I will freely admit, is I enjoy giving a big middle finger to the MIC, who constantly refuse to sell me the same items being used by the government, be it a full-auto Mk 18, or full-powered laser.  I resent the hell out of that, and buying and using these lasers (and other stuff) from China is one form of protest.  This puts some vendors in the crossfire.  They take a lot of heat for shit that is beyond their control.  But they also defend the MIC, which they are a part of, so this leads to some conflicts here.   The fact that we are in a separate Chinese NV products forum is a testament to the demand for these products, and some people's desires to keep them from us.  Be it government or industry.  Should I just say fuckit, and re-quip with the IRIS when it finally hits the streets?  Probably.  But will I continue to use SG PEQ-15's and NGALs?  Hell yeah, until they finally agree to sell us full-powered ones.  

So for sure, in the interest of full disclosure, this is why I am using these Chinese products.  You may agree or disagree with what I'm doing, but you should have the freedom to make that choice yourself, without anyone else trying to keep that information from you, for whatever reason.
View Quote

Agree with most of your post. Thanks for taking the time to write these informative comments. If the MIC refuse to give any favors to the civilian market, why is it a surprise that people want to give them the middle finger?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:48:26 AM EDT
[#3]
It shouldn't be, but then you set yourself up for a counter-argument, that you're just enjoying being an asshole, rather than using what's most useful.  The fact that these two things can co-exist (and in fact do, for me) gets lost in all the argy-bargy.  

I think it should come as no surprise (but because their counter-arguments do have a grain of truth in them, many are mis-led, IMHO) that there are folks here with vested interests in you buying what they are selling; therefore they will frame their arguments with some facts that support their arguments, and conveniently leave out others that don't.   You could accuse me of the same thing, therefore I lay it out for you.  

I like to distill the problem down to it's core; I need certain products to support my mission.  I cannot obtain (for whatever reason) those products domestically.  So I go "off shore" to obtain them.  Now some will say this a bad, for several reasons.  First of all they will tell you the quality is absolute shit (which may or may not be true); then they will say it's IP theft, (which arguably is true); and if that isn't enough then they will say it's unpatriotic to buy from our enemies.  

Now there is some truth in all these objections, but also I would submit some reasons why you (or at least I) don't give a sheet.  First of all SOME of this stuff is actually pretty good.  Maybe not as good, but approaching domestic stuff.  The trick is to figure out what is good from the junk.  Then on IP theft.  While I might sympathize on this one, my needs out-weigh their loss of profits.  Sorry.  And then we come to being unpatriotic.  This is a big bugagoo because many are being gas-lighted about this subject, IMHO.   I am only going to say whether I buy something US-made or foreign depends on entirely on what is the best choice for me, period.  The French supplied us during the  Revolution.  'Nuff said.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top