Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 11:25:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MtnRoamer] [#1]
Got my 3d printed spacers in and they seem to fit nicely.  

Fit is tight enough on the Nylon 12 that the posts kind of snap into the OSS shoe and keep it from going anywhere.  The Nylon 12 with glass fiber seemed to print just a little bit bigger and took some working in and out to get it to fit flush against the shoe.  The locater for the PVS lines up as it should as well.

Can anyone familiar with 3D printing enlighten me on materials?  I am currently looking at the Nylon 12 with glass fiber then having it vapor polished to improve moisture resistance.  Think this will be strong enough and durable enough?  I’ll cross post the question to the 3D printing forum as well.

In testing, the 0.1250" thick one lines up the two PVS's perfectly for me, ymmv.  The 0.1875" spacer lowers it too much.

Anyways, here's a bunch of pictures.

Link Posted: 8/14/2024 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet Dude!  Let me know what you need for a couple of sets.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Diz:
Sweet Dude!  Let me know what you need for a couple of sets.
View Quote

They will be on their way soon.

If anyone else is interested in testing these out please let me know as I could add them to the next order for cheap.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Learning the menu and button sequencing wasn’t as bad as I first thought after first unboxing. It’s fun though. Have a lot to learn.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:09:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#5]
Got the inserts and Mike Romeo did a bang up job.  Thanks brother; will put them to good use soon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#6]
JV dovetails in stock this morning!
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By hydrostatic_cling:
JV dovetails in stock this morning!
View Quote

Got mine ordered.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Fongman:

Got mine ordered.
View Quote

I ordered one too but 20 fucking dollars for shipping from TX to AZ.    Good thing they have a monopoly on these.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 3:19:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glck1911] [#9]
I've been hovering over "Add to cart" on an RH25 at JRH all day.  Damn I hate temptation

Do you guys think it's worth it to use only as a clip on and weapon sight?  I likely wouldn't use it helmet mounted. At least not for a while.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By superdrag67:
I ordered one too but 20 fucking dollars for shipping from TX to AZ.    Good thing they have a monopoly on these.
View Quote

I'm sorry this issue has come up. Unfortunately I was unaware that UPS Ground for small parts is not very economical, and that USPS is not a preferred shipping option of theirs. I'm not sure if they flat out don't use it, or if they only use it if requested. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask?!
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

$77 UPS Ground to Hawaii.

I emailed them early this morning to get a better quote.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fongman:

Got mine ordered.

Agreed. Mine was $22 and change for a 3” long piece of metal that weighs a couple ounces via UPS.

Me thinks this is one of those situations where some more profit is wrapped up in S&H. I’m not against profit, but just tell me what it costs and don’t make me hate UPS any more.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:
I've been hovering over "Add to cart" on an RH25 at JRH all day.  Damn I hate temptation

Do you guys think it's worth it to use only as a clip on and weapon sight?  I likely wouldn't use it helmet mounted. At least not for a while.
View Quote

I’m going with this as it seems like it’s a one and done mount situation. Never know if you’ll want to helmet mount in the future, so why not just buy once, cry once and get something that looks a little nicer than the OEM mount options. You’d also be supporting one of our own
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#14]
$22 for shipping for the SBR dovetail? C'mon, dudes.

That said, screw it, I'm going for it. Gotta figure out what mount I'm using with it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 4:31:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#16]
Edit: didn't read. I'm dumb. I'll go back in my hole.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:

You called JRH Enterprises at the numbers that are right next to my name here and didn't get an answer? Looking at call logs on both numbers, we have NOT missed a call all day and to be honest it's rare that we do except after hours.

Just checked both phone lines also.

I think maybe your getting confused with the rail piece folks????
View Quote

This.

My bad.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Agreed. Mine was $22 and change for a 3” long piece of metal that weighs a couple ounces via UPS.

Me thinks this is one of those situations where some more profit is wrapped up in S&H. I’m not against profit, but just tell me what it costs and don’t make me hate UPS any more.
View Quote

I messaged them on IG. They said Shopify is rounding up the weight to the nearest lb. Someone is pocketing on the extra amount for shipping.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By javemtr:

I'm sorry this issue has come up. Unfortunately I was unaware that UPS Ground for small parts is not very economical, and that USPS is not a preferred shipping option of theirs. I'm not sure if they flat out don't use it, or if they only use it if requested. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask?!
View Quote

Or offer to send them a shipping label. I have shipped all over the US using UPS Ground and it is generally $8.95 through Pirate Ship.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

I messaged them on IG. They said Shopify is rounding up the weight to the nearest lb. Someone is pocketing on the extra amount for shipping.
View Quote

I shipped a 6x4x3 5lb box from WV to AZ yesterday using Pirate Ship and it was $8.95. Even if they were rounding up to the next lb, it likely wouldn't make any difference. No way the box they are shipping in is 15 - 20 lbs.

I would much rather a vendor be honest and state that the S&H includes freight, packaging, and employee time to package the item up and get it to the carrier.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 12:34:02 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

They said they only offer UPS.

Also looks like they sold out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 12:34:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MtnRoamer] [#23]
Yeah they are definitely pocketing some profits off of that shipping, mine was over $25

Regardless, thanks to @javemtr for getting this brought to market. Can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 12:38:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MtnRoamer:
Yeah they are definitely pocketing some profits off of that shipping, mine was over $25

Regardless, thanks to @javemtr for getting this brought to market. Can't wait to try it out.
View Quote

I did an estimate on UPS website for 1lb package and got $50 UPS Ground, with the Shopify estimate of $77. Still shitty, but hoping they can do us better for the next batch.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 12:49:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

I did an estimate on UPS website for 1lb package and got $50 UPS Ground, with the Shopify estimate of $77. Still shitty, but hoping they can do us better for the next batch.
View Quote

I'm showing a $20 retail price to me so maybe not that far off. Still insane though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 6:49:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: javemtr] [#26]
First, thanks to everyone who was patient during the development process and supported this project! It's pretty crazy to think that the idea started out of this thread!
The first batch was only 80 pieces because I'm working with a limited budget, they sold out in less than a day! The next 100 pieces will be done machining in the next few days, then off to anodizing and off to the US.
I hope people understand that this is only a side project for me, so at this time I am unable to scale production to a degree where I can guarantee items to be in stock at all times. I apologize for the wait, items will be restocked regularly, this is not a crash and burn company.
I understand everybody's complaints about shipping. I will mention it to SOK and see if there's any solution specifically for small low-cost items like mine.
Again, thanks everybody for the support. Please reach out to me directly with any issues you may have!
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#27]
First, thanks to everyone who was patient during the development process and supported this project! It's pretty crazy to think that the idea started out of this thread!
The first batch was only 80 pieces because I'm working with a limited budget, they sold out in less than a day! The next 100 pieces will be done machining in the next few days, then off to anodizing and off to the US.
I hope people understand that this is only a side project for me, so at this time I am unable to scale production to a degree where I can guarantee items to be in stock at all times. I apologize for the wait, items will be restocked regularly, this is not a crash and burn company.
I understand everybody's complaints about shipping. I will mention it to SOK and see if there's any solution specifically for small low-cost items like mine.
Again, thanks everybody for the support. Please reach out to me directly with any issues you may have!
View Quote

Appreciate the update! I missed out on the first batch sadly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Many thanks for your email reply brother!
I'm so glad these items are such a huge hit for you! We realize you do all of this on the side as it's not your full time job. You've been a tremendous help to this community and I genuinely thank you for that!

Vielen Dank, mein Freund.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 3:00:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hydrostatic_cling] [#29]
It's a small adapter rail, and their 1 lb label seems absurd. If it was just an 8oz padded envelope it's not even $5 cost for a UPS Ground label. Happy to get one coming in, but that's a bit goofy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#30]
It's a small adapter rail, and their 1 lb label seems absurd. If it was just an 8oz padded envelope it's not even $5 cost for a UPS Ground label. Happy to get one coming in, but that's a bit goofy.
View Quote

I've ordered larger items and got cheaper shipping with UPS Ground. I'm thinking Shopify isn't getting the cheapest options with UPS. I tried looking it up on UPS mobile website and wasn't able to enter envelopes or anything under 1lb. Could always get cheaper options if going directly to UPS store or hub, but SOK said it's being shipped from a fulfillment center.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:37:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hydrostatic_cling] [#31]
Glad this is finally done. Fits perfectly snug into the Wilcox skeetir mount and has no play.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 4:35:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#32]
Glad this is finally done. Fits perfectly snug into the Wilcox skeetir mount and has no play.
https://i.imgur.com/7QY2d9J.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/e2xCNtg.jpeg
View Quote

Very slick looking. Is that an SBR and Wilcox FTS mount? What mount and height is the Holosun on? Could you snag a pic from the side profile showing how it’s lines up with the dot?

ETA: this is the FTS mount you used, right?

https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-flip-mount-for-oasys-utm-skeetir/
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 4:52:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hydrostatic_cling] [#33]
Wilcox 55900G03
SBR
Reptilia AUS 30mm 1.54”
Reptilia ROF-90 RMR
EPS MRS with RMR adapter

EPS fully clears everything. RH25 works fine with the PEQ up front. Razor at 1-6 is fine to me with the PEQ.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Fit and finish of the SBR looks great and everything seems to line up comfortably on the Sotac RQE as well as the ADM MQD.  Can't wait to larp around with it a bit tonight.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Wilcox 55900G03
SBR
Reptilia AUS 30mm
Reptilia ROF-90 RMR
EPS MRS with RMR adapter

EPS fully clears everything. RH25 works fine with the PEQ up front. Razor at 1-6 is fine to me with the PEQ.
View Quote

Sweet! Thank you
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#36]
My JV dovetail came a bit earlier this week, and I finally got home to install it. Pretty impressed with the quality. I don't have a J-arm or anything, but it did snap in perfectly to my G24's dovetail, so the dimensions there seem pretty solid.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:44:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#37]
Got the SBR today and I’m waiting for the Loctite to cure.

With SN A1001, does that mean I got the absolute first one off the machine?!?!?

Attachment Attached File

I was waiting to hear from @Diz on how the SOTAC stuff worked for helmet mounting, but I might just bite the bullet and order on EBay tonight for the mount and -14 adapter. Can’t wait to try my hand at Predator vision

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Fuck it…ordered

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Sorry to disappoint you, I'm only serializing per batch, so it's code for first batch of first version of first product.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Sorry to disappoint you, I'm only serializing per batch, so it's code for first batch of first version of first product.
View Quote

Such is life
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 10:11:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: erwos] [#40]
I got the third party FTS mount from the 'bay, and the JV fits it like a glove. Perfect lock-in, with very smooth insert/removal. Threw it on a 6.5 Grendel upper with an older XTR II 1.5-8x, and I was pretty impressed with how the combo worked. I did have to adjust ocular diopter, which I guess shouldn't have come as a surprise. Never really considered going hog hunting with the 6.5 Grendel, but I suppose this setup would do the job pretty well.

I have an MQD mount coming in, so that'll be the next test.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By erwos:
I got the third party FTS mount from the 'bay, and the JV fits it like a glove. Perfect lock-in, with very smooth insert/removal. Threw it on a 6.5 Grendel upper with an older XTR II 1.5-8x, and I was pretty impressed with how the combo worked. I did have to adjust ocular diopter, which I guess shouldn't have come as a surprise. Never really considered going hog hunting with the 6.5 Grendel, but I suppose this setup would do the job pretty well.

I have an MQD mount coming in, so that'll be the next test.
View Quote

Could you post a link to the clone FTS mount?

I’m trying all this helmet and weapon mounted thermal stuff via third party bits first. I’ll get the real deals if I end up thinking I’ll be putting reps on them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#43]
I have found the Sotac FTS to be fairly consistent, but unfortunately there are outliers!
I have three that are essentially identical in lockup, then a fourth one that fits the same dovetail very loosely.
Then one of the three good ones has the flip portion positioned at a slight angle to the Picatinny, meaning the view through your thermal screen will look slightly tilted.
I've had other people contact me with similar problems, so I guess buying them is a little bit of a lottery.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#44]
On your FTS mount from Ebay- Sottac???  I just tried one. After literally beating the button in to allow it to release, it then took two of us to PRY the flip apart.... It was crazy stuck. Was yours (or others folks) like that or did we just get a dud?
View Quote

Nope. Seller was gxifac. Push the lever down to release the dovetail, and then pull it out. Smooth as silk when mounted on the rifle. Unlocking the flip to side... less so. But still doable. I would not characterize the action as "crazy stuck" by any means. Perhaps "very stiff". It's not a magnifier, I want this thing to be pretty solid when it's locked in place.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I impressed my teenage son into service to record this brief video: https://youtu.be/uWJgxqoDfm4

As you can see, this isn't exactly resisting me very hard.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I impressed my teenage son into service to record this brief video: https://youtu.be/uWJgxqoDfm4

As you can see, this isn't exactly resisting me very hard.
View Quote

Thermal flip to side with the SBR and RH25
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#48]
That was about a 100% smoother than mine was. I'm going to keep working it in.
View Quote

It definitely broke in a bit, but I didn't spend a lot of time on it. Just enough to figure out where I wanted to position it. I'd say you get what you pay for, but let's face it, even the legit item isn't necessarily going to be much better.

Also, TBH, I don't really know what the use case is for thermal FTS functionality anyways.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:26:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hydrostatic_cling] [#49]

Also, TBH, I don't really know what the use case is for thermal FTS functionality anyways.
View Quote

To use a day optic when your thermal is off or technically limiting a shot for some reason and you do not have time to remove it. It’s for killing things and doing it efficiently. It’s also pretty quick to put on the Wilcox flip if I have the thermal in my rig. In all practicality it's a very niche application. I just use it for killing deer and pigs at night.

Checked zeroes on mine today. No change from adjustments I had with the ADM pic QD before. Held zero perfectly fine with flipping on and off, and removing and restoring. No issue hitting the headbox of a IPSC to 200 yards. Clipon resolution effect precludes using it for shooting much further with PID.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Not needing thermal capabilities at the moment, but having it on standby. It's quicker than having to grab it from a bag or pouch and then needing to re-attach to rifle.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top