Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2024 2:18:53 PM EDT
I just purchased an SP5 and I will order a suppressor soon.  What subsonic ammo works best for you?  And where do you buy it?
Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:28:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PointBlank82] [#1]
I'm running Federal 147 gr FN-FMJ in my AP5-P w/ Omega 9k. It's pretty dirty, but at $272/k delivered from TS USA, I'm having a hard time justifying anything else
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:
I'm running Federal 147 gr FN-FMJ in my AP5-P w/ Omega 9k. It's pretty dirty, but at $272/k delivered from TS USA, I'm having a hard time justifying anything else
View Quote

That is a great price.  Have you tried any Fiocchi 158 grain?  I am reading good things about this, but it is around .40 per round when buying 1k.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By KBar15:

That is a great price.  Have you tried any Fiocchi 158 grain?  I am reading good things about this, but it is around .40 per round when buying 1k.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KBar15:
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:

I have 400 rds of it coming from a dude on the EE. I paid $0.35/rd for it along with some 147 gr HST.

I'm all set to reload and have like 10k pulled 147 gr HST, so for now I'm just buying the cheapest I can until I get off my ass and retool my Dillon 750 for another 9mm campaign.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
If you search, you’ll see a lot of recommendations for Federal Syntech 150gr. It’s rated at 900 fps and indoors is much quieter than 1000 fps Lawman/AE/Blazer. Outdoors it is sometimes more difficult to differentiate. Anyway, it’s my new preferred ammo and I buy it wherever is cheapest at the time. Here’s some videos although the sound difference is more obvious in person.

9mm subsonic ammo suppressed comparison

9mm subsonic ammo suppressed comparison: part 2

Also, I’m a fan of the 80 degree locking piece and minimizing bolt gap for the longest delay.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top