Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2024 6:34:20 AM EDT
I’ve been itching for a thermal clip on recently in order to get a solution that I can lend out on hunts and that I can use to more easily swap to different rifles with day scopes. Both here and locally to me I have been seeing more and more of the older BAE Systems units popping up for sale and at seemingly good prices despite the units getting old at this point.

With the age of the units, impending failures of some kind with the unit is on my mind so I reached out to Trijicon asking if they have the ability to service the legacy systems and did get a response confirming that they will in fact service some of the older units. In order to do this they want a bunch of info about the unit and they will do some diagnostics on the unit which will basically render it useless if you end up not going through with the services anyways. Haven’t pursued the discussion past this point with the Trijicon rep seeing as I haven’t even picked up a unit yet anyways. That being said I’ve had good experiences with them servicing my IRD-era thermals in the past.

Does anyone here have experience with sending in an older UTM/UTC/SkeetIR to Trijicon? Would be curious about your experience. I also wonder if they have held onto anyone’s units if they deemed it was acquired through means they thought were unethical.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Just my .02, but if your main focus is being able to possibly utilize a warranty if anything happens I would skip on an older bae oasys unit.  

You aren't likely to get a solid answer on if/what they would do in the event of trijicon servicing it.  I heard of a guy having a bae unit serviced by trijicon but it was only because he knew the guy at trijicon and was able to work something out.

Get a unit with a known warranty.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 7:17:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tetanurae] [#2]
I would not say that it’s my main focus but completely agree with you on the benefits of getting a warranty-covered unit

No expectation of warranty on an older unit either, would expect any service on a legacy unit to require payment
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top