Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 37
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By no_cigar:
My ECC/EMC fresh out of a Cerakote / URX2 swap. More pics when she arrives.

https://i.imgur.com/sHEbGE4.jpg
View Quote

I really need to get mine done. What's with what looks like a nut on your front sight?
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
SR25 ECC/K1 project started - finally able to find my grail gun. I should be able to pick up the lower Monday

Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My ECC/EMC fresh out of a Cerakote / URX2 swap. More pics when she arrives.

https://i.imgur.com/sHEbGE4.jpg
View Quote

Looks good!
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Having some fun in the basement tonight. I love this piece.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Heinrocket:
Having some fun in the basement tonight. I love this piece.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/512325/20200823_171341-1639454.jpg
View Quote

It puts the lotion on the skin.....
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Having some fun in the basement tonight. I love this piece.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/512325/20200823_171341-1639454.jpg
View Quote

Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 12:22:30 AM EDT
[#7]
That’s an OG URX II with the nut instead of the push button. Was how they were first made.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:20:22 AM EDT
[#8]
That’s an OG URX II with the nut instead of the push button. Was how they were first made.
View Quote

Can you explain this a bit for me?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Can you explain this a bit for me?
View Quote

There really isn’t much more to explain.  The original URX rails with the folding front sight had a 5/16” cross bolt instead of the locking push button mechanism that most everyone is familiar with.  The sight was simply folded up and stayed up with friction.  Mk11 mod 1’s and the XM110’s had this rail.  The rail will was revised to the push button style, which is what made it on to the M110’s.  The nut also interfered with the mounting of PVS-27’s, so the front sight was often removed.  This was on the Mod 1 rifles.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By j-dubya1:

There really isn’t much more to explain.  The original URX rails with the folding front sight had a 5/16” cross bolt instead of the locking push button mechanism that most everyone is familiar with.  The sight was simply folded up and stayed up with friction.  Mk11 mod 1’s and the XM110’s had this rail.  The rail will was revised to the push button style, which is what made it on to the M110’s.  The nut also interfered with the mounting of PVS-27’s, so the front sight was often removed.  This was on the Mod 1 rifles.
View Quote

Thanks for this explanation. It helps a lot. I thought you were referring to my M110 which confused me since it does have the push button. I believe you are referring to the pic posted by SecretSquirrel which has the bolt and nut?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I threw some real m110 parts in the EE if anyone is looking.  Open to offers also.  (bcg, m110 URX II etc.)
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 12:25:39 AM EDT
[#12]
K1 pictures my SS best friend who is now an instructor at Mountain Scout Sniper School just sent me to add to this thread

These were taken on a field op they did the other day. He said the pos issued Leupold Mk6 3-18x went down on this gun so they slapped the Premier on.

Link Posted: 10/18/2020 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
K1 pictures my SS best friend who is now an instructor at Mountain Scout Sniper School just sent me to add to this thread

These were taken on a field op they did the other day. He said the pos issued Leupold Mk6 3-18x went down on this gun so they slapped the Premier on.

https://i.imgur.com/dcRVKkV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IpeLA64.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/x9OXpr3.jpg
View Quote

That Premier looks tight on there.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Did KAC ever do a factory taupe ECC? There is one on Gunbroker here (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881776373) that the seller is claiming is a factory gun that all he did was swap the stock, grip and MAMS out for their original versions.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mdavis:
Did KAC ever do a factory taupe ECC? There is one on Gunbroker here (https://www.gunbroker.com/item/881776373) that the seller is claiming is a factory gun that all he did was swap the stock, grip and MAMS out for their original versions.
View Quote

Did dual ejector bolts come on ECCs?
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Gatorvet:

View Quote

It’s my understanding that later ones did.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 2:50:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: under9] [#17]

View Quote

That gun is not factory taupe or new. It has been fired has been seen on the FB photo group.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By under9:

That gun is not factory taupe or new. It has been fired has been seen on the FB photo group.
View Quote

Oh snaps.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By under9:

View Quote

Thanks. I believe the seller bought it from someone else and either is misinformed or was lied to. It looks like it was a nicely done paint job though. I was going to ask the seller for pics of the other side of the gun but his answers to the other questions seemed suspect so I held off.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Thanks. I believe the seller bought it from someone else and either is misinformed or was lied to. It looks like it was a nicely done paint job though. I was going to ask the seller for pics of the other side of the gun but his answers to the other questions seemed suspect so I held off.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 5:21:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: under9] [#21]

View Quote

Double tap
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

@Gatorvet my ECC came with dual ejectors and the 1 in 10 twist. It was one of the last batches...2014.

I believe the early ECC’s were single ejector with the 1 in 11 twist.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Junglejim5:

@Gatorvet my ECC came with dual ejectors and the 1 in 10 twist. It was one of the last batches...2014.

View Quote

Good to know! Thought that may have been a hint that it wasn’t legit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:05:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Nope, just part of the evolution.

Just when you think the platform is at the pinnacle, they do something better.  Gotta love it!
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Do we know it isn’t legit? No serial number is shown, so it’s not possible to ask KAC to confirm. Is there a link to its appearance in one of the FB groups?
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:28:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gatorvet] [#26]

Do we know it isn’t legit? No serial number is shown, so it’s not possible to ask KAC to confirm. Is there a link to its appearance in one of the FB groups?
View All Quotes

I have no idea...I thought ECCs didn’t come with dual bolts so I thought it was fishy but since it’s confirmed they did I was wrong. Under9 seems to have more info as you saw above...nice stick either way!

ETA someone thought it was legit 9k buy now and it’s gone!
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:29:17 PM EDT
[#27]

I have no idea...I thought ECCs didn’t come with dual bolts so I thought it was fishy but since it’s confirmed they did I was wrong. Under9 seems to have more info as you saw above...nice stick either way!
View All Quotes

Doesn’t matter. But who here grabbed it for $9k?
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Yep my ECC also has a dual ejector bolt.... mine is also from the 2014 or 2015ish timeframe
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#30]
= house
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#31]

https://i.imgur.com/BPDuV6H.jpg
View Quote

Yeah yeah, we get it, we're all poors.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 1:44:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Where is Mtn scout sniper school? Kinda looks like Pendleton in the dry season. Or is that bridgeport? Too barren for that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 1:59:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JsbsMarine:
Where is Mtn scout sniper school? Kinda looks like Pendleton in the dry season. Or is that bridgeport? Too barren for that.
View Quote

The course is at MWTC. The K1 pics were taken at Rocket Mountain in Hawthorne, Nevada.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 1:15:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Crazy_Diamond] [#34]

https://i.imgur.com/dcRVKkV.jpg

View Quote

I am still using an old double turn Premier myself (love the stadia thickness & reticle, turrets, locking ring on the ocular, just really a well thought out optic). Interesting to see the LaRue mount - my understanding is that they were more or less designed with the Badger Ordnance products in mind and often the parallax binds if the caps are wider / different than BO. Mine has been sent back but still refuses to work correctly without BO mounts. Also, not surprised to see the missing protective cap on the objective end. I really like the caps that came with it, but the ring around the objective means you have to use them and can not (easily) use the Butler Creeks.

Cool stuff. Thank you for posting.

Link Posted: 10/30/2020 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

What is that FSGB build to the right? :)
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Crazy_Diamond:

I am still using an old double turn Premier myself (love the stadia thickness & reticle, turrets, locking ring on the ocular, just really a well thought out optic). Interesting to see the LaRue mount - my understanding is that they were more or less designed with the Badger Ordnance products in mind and often the parallax binds if the caps are wider / different than BO. Mine has been sent back but still refuses to work correctly without BO mounts. Also, not surprised to see the missing protective cap on the objective end. I really like the caps that came with it, but the ring around the objective means you have to use them and can not (easily) use the Butler Creeks.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Crazy_Diamond:

The LaRue LT840H-34-20 is standard issue now for USMC SASS. So pretty much they just pulled off the optic and mount off a M110 and slapped it on the K1.

Originally Posted By batfurbabies02:

What is that FSGB build to the right? :)

Yes that’s a SAM-R

There’s another FSGB visible in there if you look hard enough
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

@MNRidesHonda bro, I’m zip-tie gang-gang‘n my SR25’s as we speak. Thank you for this hack, protect yo ghats!
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Teufelhunden1:

@MNRidesHonda bro, I’m zip-tie gang-gang‘n my SR25’s as we speak. Thank you for this hack, protect yo ghats!
View Quote

I love zipties. What are you doing with them?
I can’t tell in the photo
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:44:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Teufelhunden1] [#39]
Originally Posted By bleaman225:

I love zipties. What are you doing with them?
I can’t tell in the photo
View Quote

It looks as if he has zip-tied each rifle barrel/gas block area to the adjustable shelving. Cost effective and keeps rifles secure.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Teufelhunden1:

View Quote

Nothing worse than opening your safe and wham your beloved M110 fell out onto the floor.. Or it shifted inside the safe and gouged itself and the other firearms around it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Nothing worse than opening your safe and wham your beloved M110 fell out onto the floor.. Or it shifted inside the safe and gouged itself and the other firearms around it.
View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Gotcha! Sometimes the obvious answer staring you in the face is just...too obvious I guess. Haha thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Scored this LE trade-in Mk11 upper - used, but not abused. A little scuffed up here and there, but overall not bad at all.

Contemplating getting it refinished by NS Defense, but I may just leave it as is - naturally worn in.

Link Posted: 11/1/2020 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
Scored this LE trade-in Mk11 upper - used, but not abused. A little scuffed up here and there, but overall not bad at all.

Contemplating getting it refinished by NS Defense, but I may just leave it as is - naturally worn in.

https://i.imgur.com/ibbomTO.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/X7J2Q7d.jpg?1
View Quote

Leave it as-is.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 11:31:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MNRidesHonda] [#45]

https://i.imgur.com/ibbomTO.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/X7J2Q7d.jpg?1
View Quote

Congrats!!

Leave it the way it is!
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#46]

Congrats!!

Leave it the way it is!
View Quote

Agreed.  I'd be stoked if the Lunch Box parts were same.

Cheers
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Hello everyone.  What color should I cerakote for M110?  Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#48]
I would reach out to Pre sample depot, they are authorized m110 armorers, and very affordable on cerakote--they will make sure it will be the right color of taupe for you.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Stamp for the Surefire can came in today (5 months).

Also, working on finishing the lower for the Mk11 (Mk11 can is pending approval).

Link Posted: 11/4/2020 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Stamp for the Surefire can came in today (5 months).

Also, working on finishing the lower for the Mk11 (Mk11 can is pending approval).

https://i.imgur.com/XWmWKI2.jpg?2
View Quote

Absolutely killer!
Page / 37
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top