Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 37
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:33:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Aside fromt he LAW folder and DMR collapsable stock from B5, what else was changed with the M110 Enhanced?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:44:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I seem to remember someone on here buying one that was some kind of overrun or rebuilt from the returns and his had the "enhanced" engraving and one of KACs employees confirming that and it was a fluke than the marked one was released.
View Quote

Things get out every once in a while.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By themissinglink:

Things get out every once in a while.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/243617/C4D88698-C26F-41F6-AA26-E84AC5FD78E3_jpe-2202106.JPG
View Quote

If I remember right that this sold for Huge Money on GB.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Yeah - that looks to be what this is - just wasn't 100% sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
U.S. Army Sniper on exercise in Italy - does this marking indicate this is the "ECP" variant of the M110?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/269084/Screenshot_20211212-120432_YouTube_jpg-2201127.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/269084/Screenshot_20211212-120432_YouTube_jpg-2201128.JPG

Wasn't there a program where units swapped the uppers 1 for 1 from "upgraded" ones KAC? Maybe related to that?

Is that a 20 inch barrel on enhanced?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:34:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By batfurbabies02:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By batfurbabies02:
U.S. Army Sniper on exercise in Italy - does this marking indicate this is the "ECP" variant of the M110?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/269084/Screenshot_20211212-120432_YouTube_jpg-2201127.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/269084/Screenshot_20211212-120432_YouTube_jpg-2201128.JPG

Wasn't there a program where units swapped the uppers 1 for 1 from "upgraded" ones KAC? Maybe related to that?

Yeah.

Same rifle - different angle:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#6]
Other than the LAW/B5 and the Leupy Mk5 what other changes are there on the "enhanced"?

Originally Posted By Krazny13:
Aside fromt he LAW folder and DMR collapsable stock from B5, what else was changed with the M110 Enhanced?
View Quote
Bump this q.

Also, it's nice to see the LAW folder on there. I just snagged an NSN-marked one a few weeks ago and wasn't sure what to put it on.
View Quote
Interesting. Link? Did you get the full kit. For me the LOP will be too long, A1 is perfect, but I can't resist buying clone M110 parts.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Rooftop has 30 collapsible stock conversion kits on their site right now, for those good folks looking to shorten up those M110s
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 4:57:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bmmc] [#8]
Anyone know which is the correct size B5 precision stock. Looks like there's a large and medium...
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Slu54:
Other than the LAW/B5 and the Leupy Mk5 what other changes are there on the "enhanced"?

Bump this q.

Interesting. Link? Did you get the full kit. For me the LOP will be too long, A1 is perfect, but I can't resist buying clone M110 parts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Slu54:

Originally Posted By Krazny13:
Bump this q.

Also, it's nice to see the LAW folder on there. I just snagged an NSN-marked one a few weeks ago and wasn't sure what to put it on.

@Slu54 Brownells.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bmmc:
Anyone know which is the correct size B5 precision stock. Looks like there's a large and medium...
View Quote

Whichever fits in the garbage can the easiest, cuz that's where it belongs.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:53:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#11]
Originally Posted By bmmc:
View Quote

It's the 556 version in coyote brown.

Not the 308 version.

The only difference between the two is the length of the cheek riser - that's it.

When used with the Law Folder, the added length of the folding mechanism makes it possible to use the 556 version with the longer cheek riser and still have clearance for the charging handle when the stock is collapsed.

You can use the 308 version of course, but the 556 version is more comfortable with the longer cheek riser.

If you're not going to use a Law Folder, get the 308 version which will allow for charging handle clearance when the stock is fully collapsed.

But yeah, if you look at the pictures in .mil use - they're using the 556 one with the longer riser.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

I felt this on a spiritual level. Thank you for saying it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mra4523:

View All Quotes

I mean, it's probably a very capable and functional stock, but damn if that thing ain't ugly. In 10 years when it's no longer being made, cloners will be paying a grand and stepping over their mothers for the damn thing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:54:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wayfaerer320] [#14]

I mean, it's probably a very capable and functional stock, but damn if that thing ain't ugly. In 10 years when it's no longer being made, cloners will be paying a grand and stepping over their mothers for the damn thing.
View All Quotes

Haha.

One thing is for sure - it's a really high quality stock. It's solid as a rock and the length of pull and height adjustments are smooth as hell.

But yes, it's certainly not winning points for aesthetics.

It's sort of growing on me.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Haha.

One thing is for sure - it's a really high quality stock. It's solid as a rock and the length of pull and height adjustments are smooth as hell.

View Quote

Don’t do it! I will say I do wish for a better cheek weld on my M110. I can manage the standard M110 stock but it would be nice to have some adjustability.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:48:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Don’t do it! I will say I do wish for a better cheek weld on my M110. I can manage the standard M110 stock but it would be nice to have some adjustability.
View All Quotes

Haha.

PT mat and 100 mph tape is the clone-correct correction.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Mannnnn, I thought I was done with SR25s. I don't think I am. Anyone have a complete build list for an M110K1? I know its essentially an ECC with cerakote, but those ECCs are tough to come by and I kind of enjoy the chase of the scavenger hunt anyway.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Mannnnn, I thought I was done with SR25s. I don't think I am. Anyone have a complete build list for an M110K1? I know its essentially an ECC with cerakote, but those ECCs are tough to come by and I kind of enjoy the chase of the scavenger hunt anyway.
View Quote

Is it possible to convert a newer production APC to a K1?

Are K1 parts sold by themselves (like the traditional M110 parts are)?
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Like with all of the older clones it would need a new barrel and gas block because of the gas system change with the mod 2
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Are K1 parts sold by themselves (like the traditional M110 parts are)?
View Quote

That’s kind of the move. Factory 16” SR25 with a barrel swap, rail, and gas system. I’m waiting to see how things shake out with Marvin’s K1 barrel before I go down that rabbit hole too far.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#21]

It's the 556 version in coyote brown.

Not the 308 version.

The only difference between the two is the length of the cheek riser - that's it.

When used with the Law Folder, the added length of the folding mechanism makes it possible to use the 556 version with the longer cheek riser and still have clearance for the charging handle when the stock is collapsed.

You can use the 308 version of course, but the 556 version is more comfortable with the longer cheek riser.

If you're not going to use a Law Folder, get the 308 version which will allow for charging handle clearance when the stock is fully collapsed.

But yeah, if you look at the pictures in .mil use - they're using the 556 one with the longer riser.
View Quote

Sweet thanks for clearing that up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#22]

I’m waiting to see how things shake out with Marvin’s K1 barrel before I go down that rabbit hole too far.
View Quote

I'm still waiting to order. Keep emailing beth every other month and they don't have any available.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TheBrokePilot:

I'm still waiting to order. Keep emailing beth every other month and they don't have any available.
View Quote

He did a ton of Mk11 and M110 barrels this year along with his usual HK offerings. I'm hoping if enough of us reach out to Beth, they'll secure some criterion blanks. When's the last time you gave her a shout? I may shoot her a line and see if there's a quantity that would be motivating to batch buy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Last time I emailed Beth was Nov 23rd and she responded on Dec 8th.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 3:52:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheBrokePilot] [#25]
Also I have one of their M110 barrels but I'm still looking for a gas block before assembling and firing

I have the M110 barrel and no gas block but have a gas block for a K1/ECC but no barrel
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Also I have one of their M110 barrels but I'm still looking for a gas block before assembling and firing

I have the M110 barrel and no gas block but have a gas block for a K1/ECC but no barrel
View Quote

My M110 has a pitts barrel as well. Haven’t fired it off yet as I should be close to having the can come home. You’ve got a hell of a couple of builds going on at the same time my friend.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mra4523: Don’t do it! I will say I do wish for a better cheek weld on my M110. I can manage the standard M110 stock but it would be nice to have some adjustability.
View Quote

Yeah I guess a smidge if you really want to get your cheekbone on it, but I find it pretty optimal for 1.5" centerline rings, you don't have to squish your head as much.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Rooftop has 30 collapsible stock conversion kits on their site right now, for those good folks looking to shorten up those M110s
View Quote

I mean..if anyone wants to get rid of a fixed stock...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68140/signal-2021-12-16-18-00-29-847_jpg-2206678.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/68140/signal-2021-12-16-18-00-29-847_jpg-2206678.JPG

I think you and I are going in opposite directions.

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:30:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blanco_Diablo] [#30]
View Quote

I like the ACS a lot but I feel like I want to go with a fixed stock eventually for the classic look and feel. Just.. The price .. And I really want a suppressor
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#31]

I like the ACS a lot but I feel like I want to go with a fixed stock eventually for the classic look and feel. Just.. The price .. And I really want a suppressor
View All Quotes

Yeah, I hear that. But in the grand scheme of an M110 (or any Knight's product) build, it ain't that bad. It makes me half-sick when I realize how much money is sitting in this one thing.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Yeah, I hear that. But in the grand scheme of an M110 (or any Knight's product) build, it ain't that bad. It makes me half-sick when I realize how much money is sitting in this one thing.
View Quote

That's for sure . But it's such a badass rifle. I just can't believe I'm wanting to spend a further $500 on a stock and $2000 on a silencer that will ONLY fit the one rifle
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#33]

That's for sure . But it's such a badass rifle. I just can't believe I'm wanting to spend a further $500 on a stock and $2000 on a silencer that will ONLY fit the one rifle
View All Quotes

At least you have the opportunity to own a can.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

feel your pain brother
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry bros if you're ever in my neck of the woods, we can hit the range and shoot some suppressors
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry bros if you're ever in my neck of the woods, we can hit the range and shoot some suppressors
View Quote

I've never been to Florida. I might have to change that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Same

I'm trying to change that by next year though
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:05:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Same

View All Quotes

Same

It's kind of ironic, by choosing to move here, this job has allowed me to fund some grail projects but cans are verboten.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#39]

I've never been to Florida. I might have to change that.
View Quote

We can always use some more good Patriots here, and it's also the home of KAC.

There's also nothing wrong with spending money on good tools, as long as you use them regularly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:41:50 AM EDT
[#40]
I really want to visit the IMT.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I really want to visit the IMT.
View Quote

Well worth the trip.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#42]
What Nightforce is this?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

If I remember right they are a Nxs 3.5-15 mil spec marked mil/mil w/ ZS.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

4-20x50?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks like the 4-16x50 ATACR.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#47]
No idea how I want to scope this. Fresh coat from @presampledepot
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Winniethepooh:
No idea how I want to scope this. Fresh coat from @presampledepot
https://i.imgur.com/u1p62z1.jpg
View Quote

Either NF or S&B.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Got the M110 can home day before yesterday. The Mk11 can is from my Mk13 and I'm waiting for the second Mk11 can to clear it's form 4. Check was cashed same day as M110, so I can't imagine its too far behind it. Anyway, here's a group photo. A couple of notes of Marvin Pitts Nefarious Arms M110 barrel. When PSD put the M110 together, they test fit an M110 can on it to just make everything was good to go and they said the fit was extremely tight. They were not wrong. We both had to take a mallet to the gate latch and tap it down. This is less than ideal and overall makes me a bit anxious about the barrel in general. I peaked down the bore and everything was clear and I was able to bore sight it pretty easily. I back checked it with a chamber laser and there was no obstruction. The can sits perfectly on the index pin as well. The get the can off I would need to use a 3/4" punch to push the gate latch up and it would take some effort. Not really what I was hoping for. I let Marvin know about it, but I suspect everything is fine to send it and I intend to this weekend.

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Got the M110 can home day before yesterday. The Mk11 can is from my Mk13 and I'm waiting for the second Mk11 can to clear it's form 4. Check was cashed same day as M110, so I can't imagine its too far behind it. Anyway, here's a group photo. A couple of notes of Marvin Pitts Nefarious Arms M110 barrel. When PSD put the M110 together, they test fit an M110 can on it to just make everything was good to go and they said the fit was extremely tight. They were not wrong. We both had to take a mallet to the gate latch and tap it down. This is less than ideal and overall makes me a bit anxious about the barrel in general. I peaked down the bore and everything was clear and I was able to bore sight it pretty easily. I back checked it with a chamber laser and there was no obstruction. The can sits perfectly on the index pin as well. The get the can off I would need to use a 3/4" punch to push the gate latch up and it would take some effort. Not really what I was hoping for. I let Marvin know about it, but I suspect everything is fine to send it and I intend to this weekend.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51768205432_0a1e74f7c9_c.jpg
View Quote

First of all - those both look fantastic - top notch rigs.

Second, I'm glad you shared that about the tightness of the M110 can on the Nefarious Arms barrel (as you know I have one as well on mine).

I'm a huge way away from getting my M110 can in (at this rate, probably a year before I actually have it), but that's good info to know.

I'm obviously really curious about how your range trip goes and how the rifle performs with the can on.

Interestingly, my Mk11 can is pretty tight fitting on my Mk13, but goes on like butter on my Mk11 Mod 0.
Page / 37
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top