Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2024 9:49:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR]
So apparently the current production Miroku 1873 line has the original half-cock and lever safeties.

No rebounding hammer. No tang safety.

However, where the original Winchester 1866 and 1873 and Italian repros have a solid breech pin, the Mirokus have a sliding automatic safety tunneled inside the breech pin that deactivates when the hammer strikes the breech pin. It's hardly noticeable, but I still don't like it - not the original design. In addition to that, a point of failure, IMHO.

So can this "feature" be replaced with a solid breech pin like the original? I'm OK with made in Japan, the quality is there, but I want original design. $1300 ain't that bad these days for a good new 1873.
The Italians are way more money and don't have Winchester on the tang.

Anyone know if an original solid breech pin can be used on the Miroku 1873 rifle or carbine?

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
That makes two wondering.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 11:33:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: golfish] [#2]
I'm sure it can be done. I bought a Miroku model 92 with the rebounding hammer and tang safety. I sent the gun to Turnbull for some work, some of that was to delete those 2 safeties. They did a great job.

You might give Turnbull a call.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been quite a while since I got my Miroku Winchester '73, but what's the breech pin?
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#4]
You can replace the firing pin extension or simply remove the safety parts from the Miroku , I replaced mine with one from pioneer gun works . I don’t believe they make them for the miroku anymore due to some changes miroku made is some dimension or another.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
So I did some digging around and you should try contacting Carty Allaman at western gun works. He either has his own version or is still working on his own. Might be worth it to contact him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top