Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2019 10:59:36 PM EDT
What’s the best option for mounting a light to the M4? The light will be a Surefire M600    Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
These look good but who knows when they'll have stock again.

http://www.avatactical.com/home
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Impact Weapons Components - Benelli M4 Mount Similar to the one listed above, but MUCH better price!

Link Posted: 1/22/2019 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I like the look of that. Looks simple and streamlined.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I like the look of that. Looks simple and streamlined.
View Quote
I hear ya, but the AVA Tactical attachment is really SWEET and much more streamlined! Check out their photo gallery.

I'd prefer the AVA Tactical mount, but there's no way I would pay more than twice the price for that when there's a perfectly good alternative. I'd feel like a sodomite paying that much.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like this MLok rail
https://www.botach.com/strike-industries-hayl-rail-mlok-handguard-for-benelli-m4/
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really like this MLok rail
https://www.botach.com/strike-industries-hayl-rail-mlok-handguard-for-benelli-m4/
View Quote
I don't like the idea of having to use 4 screws on a forend for a Benelli M4. Also I don't like the thought of the combination of movement and metal on metal contact which also relies on 4 screws just to have an aluminum forend to attach a light so far back.

There are many inexpensive and readily available ways to attach a light to any shotgun including the Benelli M4 like magazine tube/barrel clamps.

A big feature of the Benelli M4 is that it can be disassembled and reassembled by hand (no tools). If you attach a barrel/magazine clamp to an M4 then that disables that feature. Not a deal breaker for some. The AVA Tactical and the Impact Weapons mount attaches to a part of the Benelli M4 that does not interfere with being disassembled and reassembled by hand (no tools).
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I've owned both AVA/IWC mounts, and I prefer the simplicity of the IWC mount. Less screws to deal with, and less bulk.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't like the idea of having to use 4 screws on a forend for a Benelli M4. Also I don't like the thought of the combination of movement and metal on metal contact which also relies on 4 screws just to have an aluminum forend to attach a light so far back.

There are many inexpensive and readily available ways to attach a light to any shotgun including the Benelli M4 like magazine tube/barrel clamps.

A big feature of the Benelli M4 is that it can be disassembled and reassembled by hand (no tools). If you attach a barrel/magazine clamp to an M4 then that disables that feature. Not a deal breaker for some. The AVA Tactical and the Impact Weapons mount attaches to a part of the Benelli M4 that does not interfere with being disassembled and reassembled by hand (no tools).
View Quote
yes, good points all
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#10]
You sure you didn’t mean the IWC was more bulky??
AVA is much more streamlined
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Track a Surefire M80 rail down.

Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#12]
The Ava Tactical Mod 1 and the IWC Mount are the way to go. Considering Ava Tactical has gone quiet lately, I’d be happy with the IWC mount.

On either, I’d get an IWC M600 backbone light body, then get an M600 IB model. The M600 would have to be machined to due to its size. I’d also machine the shroud of the tailcap off.

This is with a M600U lamp head.

This is with the M600IB

As you can see here, even with the IWC mount, the M600IB must be machined in order to fit.

You could also use a M600DF with the stock body on the IWC mount for 1500 lumens. I’d recommend the modifications to the tail cap on both the IWC and Ava Tactical Mount. On the Ava Tactical Mount, it is mandatory of it won’t fit against the handguard. The modification isn’t required on the IWC, but you’ll want it. Riding your thumb over the momentary button and dealing with 12 gauge recoil will jam your thumb in short order.

Cerakoted over the lathe work on the tailcap.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've owned both AVA/IWC mounts, and I prefer the simplicity of the IWC mount. Less screws to deal with, and less bulk.
View Quote
+1, as have I. I recently purchased the IWC mount, and direct-mounted a Streamlight RM1 to it, and so far I really like the combo. I also like that the IWC sling mount point allows me to position the loop how I want, whereas the AVA mount you must use the sling loop sideways, it won't fit in a vertical orientation.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm running the IWC and am very happy with it...

Link Posted: 2/10/2019 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I dig how the lights can be directly attached to the shotgun or AR-15, it's solid and really compact ... BUT I really prefer a QD mount for any tactical light. If you have a rally nice light and have nice weapons ... why not have a nice QD mount so it can not only be used on every weapon, you can also use the light in your hand any time you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top