Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2024 10:08:32 AM EDT
I have a silencerco hybrid 46 and love it.
I like the interchangeable caliber specific end caps, and the ability to use a booster for pistols, or direct thread (or many other adapters) for rifles.

Shooting it on 45 and 9mm has been good. It is just a little on the heavy side for pistols.
I have yet to have any issues with the pistols cycling, it is just a little heavy.

Well I thought I would alleviate that and bought a silencerco osprey 45.
I am thoroughly dissapointed in it.
You can read here, go to post 22
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Separate-9mm-and-45-cans-or-45-can-on-both-/20-551015/

Ok, now on to my question.
I am pretty much looking for something that will match the sound/performance of the hybrid 46, but at a lighter weight.
Surely there is something out there?

I looked online at cutaways of the osprey and see it is pretty much bent flat metal baffles, while the hybrid 46 uses regular cone style baffles.

Is that the difference? Do I need to find a 45 can of basically the same design as the hybrid 46 and in theory I should get about the same sound performance? Or is there more to it than that?
I do not know much anything about the design of baffles and how they effect performance.

My local shop has a silencercco octane in stock.
It looks to be the standard cone baffle design, but also appears it is no longer made (guessing this is old stock).
Would this one be about on par with the performance of the hybrid 46?

Also found the ecco machine Phoenix XLV and griffin resistance 45 online. I'm sure there are others.

Suggestions?
I just want hybrid 46 performance with less weight. Only looking to shoot 45 auto and probably a little 9mm out of this can, pistols only.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#1]
The only lightweight 45 can I know of is the Fly 45.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#2]
What about Obsidian 45?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the new 45 ti rant. I love mine in 9mm. If I was in the market for 45 stuff that's what I'd pick.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By arndog123:
View Quote

There is the TLX also.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m looking at the B&T impuls IIa.  I think it’s 12oz which is way lighter than my hybrid 46.  But I can’t find much info on them.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By peachy:

There is the TLX also.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There is the TLX also.

The TLX is light, but not user-disassemblable (past the booster/direct mount), if that's important to you. I have two Griffin Revolution 45's, pre and post Eco Flow. I like them (I have two), but they're not especially light (right at 13 oz in the full configuration).
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:05:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SIGthusiast] [#8]

There is the TLX also.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There is the TLX also.

Love my TLX 45.  So far without a booster it works flawlessly on my P220.  My USP Tactical works okay with a tight grip.  ANY limp-wristing will cause a short cycle.  The casings dribble out when it works.  I have a Fly45 on the way for that one.  A booster for the TLX would make it an amazing light weight unit while maintaining function across hosts.

As for sound, as a shooter, I prefer the sound of the TLX to my Osprey45.  Away from the muzzle, bystanders didn't notice a difference

@mah827 I promised a review to you on this.  Here she be.

ETA:  there was also a lot less crap blown back in my face with the TLX vs the Osprey.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I bet SiCo does a Spectre 45 at some point. For now the Omega-45k exists but it’s a little fat and heavier than a Fly-45.  You pay a dollar premium to drop those ounces.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Looking real hard at the Rad45. It would be the cat’s pajamas on a .40 pistol/ carbine combo.
Top Top