Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2024 1:45:26 PM EDT
Hey everyone! I'm new here and I signed up specifically to ask about a piece of kit that I can't find anyone talking about. I've been interested in setting up a "Modern" ALICE kit for rural patrolling. I recently stumbled on
the Shooters Harness (NOT the shooters belt) from Esstac.

https://esstac.com/shooters-harness-medium/

I've looked in many forums and even YouTube, but nobody seems to have used it or reviewed it. From what I gather, the Esstac chest rigs are extremely durable and GTG.

For context, I'm looking carry:
4x double AR mag pouches/OR 2x triple AR mag pouches with 2x speed reload pouches for a total of 8 magazines

A butt pack to carry essential gear to the fighting load

Canteen pouches for water.

Any advice or personal experience with similar builds would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By OhioValleyRecon619:
Hey everyone! I'm new here and I signed up specifically to ask about a piece of kit that I can't find anyone talking about. I've been interested in setting up a "Modern" ALICE kit for rural patrolling. I recently stumbled on
the Shooters Harness (NOT the shooters belt) from Esstac.

https://esstac.com/shooters-harness-medium/

I've looked in many forums and even YouTube, but nobody seems to have used it or reviewed it. From what I gather, the Esstac chest rigs are extremely durable and GTG.

For context, I'm looking carry:
4x double AR mag pouches/OR 2x triple AR mag pouches with 2x speed reload pouches for a total of 8 magazines

A butt pack to carry essential gear to the fighting load

Canteen pouches for water.

Any advice or personal experience with similar builds would be greatly appreciated!
View Quote

Luckily for you, we have a 73 page long thread here on the tactical gear forum on modern belt kit.  (Link below)  The Esstac setup is discussed in there somewhere.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Velocity-Systems-Jungle-Kit/10-536943/&page=73

Also luckily for you, a few of us on the forum here make modern belt kit.  Diz is the designer of the Crossfire DZ Rig.  And I have my own stuff I make, which is somewhat similar to Diz's rig, but I make modernized buttpacks, Diz rolls with the British style utility pouches.  Pros and cons to both.

Read through the link, and you are super welcome to ask questions either there or here.  There are a number of ways to do what you want done, it all depends on exactly what you want, and how much you want to spend.

As to buttpacks - basically, if you want buttpacks, there are only two real games in town.  Velocity Systems had their jungle rig buttpack, and I make a MOLLE buttpack,  I also sew buttpacks and water bottle pouches directly to a modern belt, leaving molle for ammo pouches.  

Anyways, welcome to the debauchery of the belt kit world.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I greatly appreciate the link! I'll be sure to give that thread a look
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea, and Esstac makes good kit too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome fellow tactical gear enthusiast.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 8:36:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Esstac is really good stuff.  You can't go wrong there.  You could probably ask him yourself here.

Also check out EODfish on YT for reviews of lesser known, up & coming guys.

The Vel Sys thread is long but distinguished.
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Diz:
Esstac is really good stuff.  You can't go wrong there.  You could probably ask him yourself here.

Also check out EODfish on YT for reviews of lesser known, up & coming guys.

The Vel Sys thread is long but distinguished.
View Quote

That reminds me, I need to send EODfish one of my buttpacks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top