Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2024 6:25:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Migraine]
I was wondering if anyone had a M8 bandolier they could measure (length X width) or knew where I could find the dimensions. No luck on the google so far. Thanks.

M8 Bandolier (Modern)
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine was able to get the measurements. They are 18.25 x 8 inches if you want to know.

Thanks to anyone who looked around.
Link Posted: 6/30/2024 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm curious as to why you needed to know. Whatcha doing?
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Same here.  Whatcha up to?
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Going to sew some up for yourself?  That's not a bad idea actually.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I figured I’d try to sew some up… an experiment of sorts. It looks easy enough and I grabbed a small stretch of cordura nylon.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell for those, I'd stay lighter, 330d, even ripstop uniform material.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I like those. They fit in a milk crates nicely.

I bet an old bedsheet would work too
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 7:40:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hodgescl] [#8]
These things are awesome. Easy way to stash six mags and a mini ifak.

One that isn’t quite as disposable would be nice.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:34:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#9]
Yeah man you can get ripstop camo on ebay for next to nothin'.  I think that shit would be a nice compromise between throw away and bombproof.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:05:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marnsdorff] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Diz:
Yeah man you can get ripstop camo on ebay for next to nothin'.  I think that shit would be a nice compromise between throw away and bombproof.
View Quote

There are some decent 300d / 330d Cordura fabrics in milspec earthtones on Ebay for like $10 / yard too.  Those would make a good, almost bombproof one that would be more water resistant than the ripstop stuff.

Someone should throw up a pattern for it.  I'm serious what I have been saying about wanting to do a webpage providing free patterns and DIY walkthroughs for making your own gear.  Something like these bandoleers are PERFECT for a first item to make.  They are super super useful to have in general.

I'm actually going to order a camera stand for my desk so I can position a camera to watch my sewing so I can film myself sewing some of this stuff.  Walk through some of the basic stuff.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By marnsdorff:

There are some decent 300d / 330d Cordura fabrics in milspec earthtones on Ebay for like $10 / yard too.  Those would make a good, almost bombproof one that would be more water resistant than the ripstop stuff.

Someone should throw up a pattern for it.  I'm serious what I have been saying about wanting to do a webpage providing free patterns and DIY walkthroughs for making your own gear.  Something like these bandoleers are PERFECT for a first item to make.  They are super super useful to have in general.

I'm actually going to order a camera stand for my desk so I can position a camera to watch my sewing so I can film myself sewing some of this stuff.  Walk through some of the basic stuff.
View Quote

@marnsdorff

I have some Tan499 on the way, and would definitely be interested in some basic videos with tips/tricks, or a webpage, even if in the future.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By theguymontag:

@marnsdorff

I have some Tan499 on the way, and would definitely be interested in some basic videos with tips/tricks, or a webpage, even if in the future.
View Quote

The webpage with DIY stuff, including patterns, is eventually going to happen.  Absolutely swamped atm.

Videos will be sooner.  Whatcha looking for for the first couple things I can look to do?  Give me some ideas.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Migraine:
I was wondering if anyone had a M8 bandolier they could measure (length X width) or knew where I could find the dimensions. No luck on the google so far. Thanks.

M8 Bandolier (Modern)
View Quote

Buy one of fleabay and disassemble it. That way you get the original dimensions and not a measurement minus what's been sewn up.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I meant to sew one up on my days off. I'm going to make one for p40s.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#15]

The webpage with DIY stuff, including patterns, is eventually going to happen.  Absolutely swamped atm.

Videos will be sooner.  Whatcha looking for for the first couple things I can look to do?  Give me some ideas.
View Quote

- Maybe a quick start guide for something like the M8, briefly touches on preferred materials (330D, grosgrain, needle) but focuses more on planning it out, dialing it in and drafting something up

-Maybe a tips & tricks video, best practices or issues that are commonly faced and how to resolve (how to avoid layering up too much material with proper planning, how to move past speed bumps or avoid altogether) - webbing should be attached this way if you want to add a detachable strap, etc.

-Maybe a video on some old school gear like the M8, and how you would modify to make it more durable/useful/up to date - like adding grommet holes to bottom you could rig up a TQ with shock rod, or put a field of loop on front so you could attach this XYZ useful thing, etc.

Kind of like the SAW pouches are being repurposed by people for the AR-RPK concept, it would be cool to see an “updated” SAW pouch with thought out detachable straps or a small GP pouch attached to side for commonly needed items
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
I meant to sew one up on my days off. I'm going to make one for p40s.
View Quote

Or a cool video on how to scale something up, M8 for P40s, or scale up for dual P30s, or scale down for single P30s and the best sewing space allowances for them, etc.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Kinda like the painting with Bob Ross videos?  But 'Sewing with Markus'

'Oh.  Yea.  That's nice right there......yea......gonna put a dot more thread right there....yea....'
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish someone would make these in bulk. The prices they are charging on eBay are ridiculous for what they are.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:23:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marnsdorff] [#19]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
I wish someone would make these in bulk. The prices they are charging on eBay are ridiculous for what they are.
View Quote

How much would you be willing to pay?  Serious question.  If enough people want these, I'll copy one of mine and do a run.  I actually have one sitting on my desk right now that I found in the bottom of a storage tub yesterday.

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

I agree that 10/15$ each for those cheap cotton ones Is too much, but i don't think anyone can do One for you for 5$ which would be a Fair price maybe.

After market cordura ones from kitpimp are 25$, Aftermarket cordura m7 Claymore mine bandoliers are around 30$ (popular and useful, i Need to build a couple).

My suggestion, don't over engineer bandoleers, keep them cheap light simple and disposable.
Don't make them chest rigs or shoulder bags.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By joeviterbo:

I agree that 10/15$ each for those cheap cotton ones Is too much, but i don't think anyone can do One for you for 5$ which would be a Fair price maybe.

After market cordura ones from kitpimp are 25$, Aftermarket cordura m7 Claymore mine bandoliers are around 30$ (popular and useful, i Need to build a couple).

My suggestion, don't over engineer bandoleers, keep them cheap light simple and disposable.
Don't make them chest rigs or shoulder bags.
View Quote

Absolutely agree on the over-engineering.

If I used budget webbing, I might be able to do 330d cordura or something similar literal copies of those M8 Bandoleers for something like $10 each, if I can do runs of 20 or so at a time.  They would be WAY better than the surplus ones.  Realize a yard of even budget webbing is going to cost $1, and that's going to be $2 to $3 worth of fabric @ $10 / yard for fabric, which I can probably get decent stuff for.  So you're looking at $3-5 for materials alone.  If I can set up and pump out 20+ of them at a time though, it might end up being worth doing.  I'd have to do a run of them to see if it's worth doing long-term.

Once I start doing things like adding, I dunno, let's say a velcro closure to the pouches or something like that, prices will skyrocket.  You are absolutely right about not over-engineering these.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 2:52:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#22]

How much would you be willing to pay?  Serious question.  If enough people want these, I'll copy one of mine and do a run.  I actually have one sitting on my desk right now that I found in the bottom of a storage tub yesterday.

View Quote

For the really inexpensive bed sheet type cloth ones that come in an ammo can I’d like for them to be around $5. Or sell them by a pack. Like 4 for $25.

I think you would have to have a machine setup to automatically crank them out to get the price down that low. Be nice to just find the OEM manufacturer for the military and buy a pallet of them.

These prices are just retarded.
Attachment Attached File

Would be hard to compete with these.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 4:10:46 PM EDT
[#23]

For the really inexpensive bed sheet type cloth ones that come in an ammo can I’d like for them to be around $5. Or sell them by a pack. Like 4 for $25.

I think you would have to have a machine setup to automatically crank them out to get the price down that low. Be nice to just find the OEM manufacturer for the military and buy a pallet of them.

These prices are just retarded.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/IMG_0347_png-3316720.JPG

Would be hard to compete with these.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/424008/IMG_0348_png-3316721.JPG
View Quote

Agreed on the retarded prices.  

And those cheap ACU bandoleers at that price will run out pretty quickly.  Soon they will be up to the $20+ the other camo bandoleers are going for.  Right now there is just a massive glut of them because of the military almost giving them away.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 6:10:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Agreed on the retarded prices.  

And those cheap ACU bandoleers at that price will run out pretty quickly.  Soon they will be up to the $20+ the other camo bandoleers are going for.  Right now there is just a massive glut of them because of the military almost giving them away.
View Quote

Yeah I bought 5 myself. Just wish they held pmags from the factory without modification. I may buy more because they are handy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Yeah I bought 5 myself. Just wish they held pmags from the factory without modification. I may buy more because they are handy.
View Quote

I've got a few myself, from back when you could get woodland ones cheap.

I've been eyeing those 5 or whatever packs too.  Someone else had a question about  'how to carry extra magazines in a backpack' thread recently on here, and this (or something similar) seems to be the favorite answer.  And that is a super cheap price for it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 4:50:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#26]
Back in the 90s my medic on the team, would take them and modify them.  Would add velcro on three cells to hold a 1000ml IV and last pocket hold the tubing.  We would carry these at our small of back or on the hip belt frame area of the Large Alice ruck.  Wouldn't freeze as next to body.

For decades, would pull the white string and unzip.  Insert 30 rd loaded mag into pouch and then S fold the bandoleer and stash.  Have many loaded and stashed around shop here in Baghdad.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 1:18:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#27]

View Quote

I’ve never had to mod them for P-Mags.  I just stretch the lids, snap them and leave em in the hot vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Like most things, those MOLLE bandoliers have a range of tolerances. The newer they are, the more generous they seem to be. (Which is a good thing)

It might be due to age and shrinkage, but some of the older woodland MOLLE bandoliers are TIGHT. There is no “squeeze in 2 Pmags and snap it”
Link Posted: 10/8/2024 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sic_ness:
Like most things, those MOLLE bandoliers have a range of tolerances. The newer they are, the more generous they seem to be. (Which is a good thing)

It might be due to age and shrinkage, but some of the older woodland MOLLE bandoliers are TIGHT. There is no “squeeze in 2 Pmags and snap it”
View Quote

Older ones may have been sized specifically using aluminum USGI mags.  Later as PMags got more use, tolerances loosed up.
Top Top