Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 43
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By coregon:

Yes.  You'll see (or have already seen) Rattler SKU's change - they not have a suffix of "-NB" for "no brace".  None of our pistol SKU's ship with a brace (MCX and MPX alike).
View Quote

Any eta on LEO versions and will the current 6.75" .300 Cal-X kits work with the Spear LT?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
from what i understand yes... only thing that wont be compatible without modification is the new spear handguard on the older virtus upper
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know if the Spear LT will use the standard 1/2x28 threaded muzzle?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Yes.  You'll see (or have already seen) Rattler SKU's change - they not have a suffix of "-NB" for "no brace".  None of our pistol SKU's ship with a brace (MCX and MPX alike).
View Quote

On the Rattler subject, are the mil units shipping with the same Gen 3 style handguard that the commercial SKU will be using?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Blstr89:
Anyone know if the Spear LT will use the standard 1/2x28 threaded muzzle?
View Quote

For 556, yes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Fosky:

On the Rattler subject, are the mil units shipping with the same Gen 3 style handguard that the commercial SKU will be using?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fosky:

Depends on the customer/ unit/contract.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

Nice, have an optic planned for it yet?
View Quote

No not really - you?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Depends on the customer/ unit/contract.
View Quote

Interesting. The kits that went for the older Colt lower retrofits would be the older gen and then the latest contract being a complete OTS rifle based on the newer generation. If there are differences beyond that it will be interesting to see what pops up in future pics. Thanks for sharing what you can here!
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GrAvril:

No not really - you?
View All Quotes

Nice, have an optic planned for it yet?

No not really - you?

I have a TA31 that I'll probably put on it. Might eventually do an Aimpoint T2 for weight reduction but I do enjoy the 4x ACOG.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:11:27 PM EDT
[#10]

I have a TA31 that I'll probably put on it. Might eventually do an Aimpoint T2 for weight reduction but I do enjoy the 4x ACOG.
View Quote

TA31 is always nice. I still have a Tango 6t but way too heavy for this one. Maybe I'll try the Romeo 4t
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#11]
It is interesting that the press release didn't feature any Rattler-LT (I just made up that name) or suppressor width handguards.

I know I said it before, but I hope Lancer does an updated one. I love how mine stays cool to the touch even under the sun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:
It is interesting that the press release didn't feature any Rattler-LT (I just made up that name) or suppressor width handguards.

I know I said it before, but I hope Lancer does an updated one. I love how mine stays cool to the touch even under the sun.
View Quote

Rattler isn’t changing, except that pistols no longer ship with a brace.

Rattler does not get a new HG.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there any chance Sig will consider selling lowers in the future?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Kublah:
Is there any chance Sig will consider selling lowers in the future?
View Quote

I highly doubt this. The reasoning would be that since its only made to fire from an MCX upper, there could be liability issues they run into. Not that you don't know the difference, but the general public is bound to have one stupid person who buys a lower for his regular AR-15 and gets mad when it 1. doesn't assemble properly or 2. by some unholy means it does, and it breaks his gun.

I think they should just sell the complete guns or uppers.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Is this because of the upcoming ATF rule? I hope the industry is fighting back against this shit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:36:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carbon2329] [#16]
It's doing what it can, however I don't know it can do much until it becomes:
--an actually policy or
--a new "rule" or
--they try to enforce it or
--or whatever...............then they can actually take it to court.....I believe.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#17]
@coregon

Will Sig discontinue / phase out the MCX virtus line with the release of the LT?

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By carbon2329:
It's doing what it can, however I don't know it can do much until it becomes law.....then they can actually take it to court.....I believe.....
View Quote

Clarification, they don’t make law. It’s a “rule.”
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:14:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carbon2329] [#19]
You know what I mean.....................
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mrwhite1:
@coregon

Will Sig discontinue / phase out the MCX virtus line with the release of the LT?

View Quote

Not Coregon, but my understanding is that any standing Virtus orders are cancelled and moved to an LT.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mark5pt56:

Not Coregon, but my understanding is that any standing Virtus orders are cancelled and moved to an LT.
View Quote

Correct for dealer orders (Virtus orders converted to -LT).  If you have a backorder or something from a retailer, I'm not guaranteeing they are keeping your order or automatically migrating that to an -LT SKU...that's between the consumer and the dealer.  

^ Just for clarity.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JK-919:

Is this because of the upcoming ATF rule? I hope the industry is fighting back against this shit.
View All Quotes

It's from an ease of production standpoint.  SIG is the last that should be questioned on our commitment to the brace

But, in all seriousness, braces create a production/availability issue that then causes delays in shipping guns to the market.  It's not as simple as just leaving those components off when they're not available and just shipping without.  Also, i'm not completely obtuse to the market, I know that our brace wasn't a high demand product.  So, let's let the consumer choose what they want - that's one of the benefits of the 1913 attachment point.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#23]
@Zerlak how long do you guess our wait will be? Did they say anything to you when you ordered? When I asked about an ETA my guy just laughed n shrugged
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#24]
@Zerlak how long do you guess our wait will be? Did they say anything to you when you ordered? When I asked about an ETA my guy just laughed n shrugged
View Quote

No clue, I'm treating it like an NFA purchase and putting it in the back of my mind. It'll ship when it ships.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#25]

It's from an ease of production standpoint.  SIG is the last that should be questioned on our commitment to the brace

But, in all seriousness, braces create a production/availability issue that then causes delays in shipping guns to the market.  It's not as simple as just leaving those components off when they're not available and just shipping without.  Also, i'm not completely obtuse to the market, I know that our brace wasn't a high demand product.  So, let's let the consumer choose what they want - that's one of the benefits of the 1913 attachment point.
View All Quotes

Rattler isn't changing, except that pistols no longer ship with a brace.

The adoption of the 1913 rail as a standardized attachment method is one of the overlooked but great things SIG has really pushed the industry towards. For everything that isn't an AR15 (which needs a buffer tube to function) the 1913 rail is a better system than any other.

But their braces are not my favorites. I'm more partial to the SB stuff myself. The SB TF1913 just looks and feels great on anything with the rail interface. I think shipping pistols without a brace makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:30:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: carbon2329] [#26]
I know its normal in the industry (and many industries), but it really gets old when companies "Launch a product" and it's not available for sometimes months (and in some cases years).

It seems the interest peaks when it is "launched" and can only decrease from that point............. I know there is logistics, capital, etc...involved but....

Look at Apple (and others),  they announce a product and when it will be available and (with a few exceptions when things have been extremely popular/wanted) they are available to get........they figured it out...Apple announced the new iPhone14 two weeks ago and I can go get it this afternoon.........

I Know there is more to the story, (I don't need a lesson in marketing, business, finance, and logistics), BUT I think Apple and others who do it right are reaping the rewards....

I just wish Sig and others in the "gun industry" could do the same. (how many times have we seen something on Social Media showing a hit of a new product with the caption: "coming soon"......and it goes on for months and months....)

Because, honestly, who knows when the Spear-LT will be available, it could be months and sparse for years like the Virtus has been.....why.................?

I sincerely, hope I am wrong about the Spear-LT.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I know its normal in the industry (and many industries), but it really gets old when companies "Launch a product" and it's not available for sometimes months (and in some cases years).

It seems the interest peaks when it is "launched" and can only decrease from that point............. I know there is logistics, capital, etc...involved but....

Look at Apple (and others),  they announce a product and when it will be available and (with a few exceptions when things have been extremely popular/wanted) they are available to get........they figured it out...Apple announced the new iPhone14 two weeks ago and I can go get it this afternoon.........

I Know there is more to the story, (I don't need a lesson in marketing, business, finance, and logistics), BUT I think Apple and others who do it right are reaping the rewards....

I just wish Sig and others in the "gun industry" could do the same. (how many times have we seen something on Social Media showing a hit of a new product with the caption: "coming soon"......and it goes on for months and months....)

Because, honestly, who knows when the Spear-LT will be available, it could be months and sparse for years like the Virtus has been.....why.................?

View Quote

I've been thinking this same thing ever since the articles dropped Sunday saying they were "already shipping and will be available starting tomorrow".  Here we are 5 days later, and not a single one has shown up online, no FB posts from stores with stock, haven't even been any scalped on GunBroker.

Wish they would have set better expectations with availability.  Leaving the timeframe open ended would have been better than saying "tomorrow" and not releasing any.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By johnhd:

I've been thinking this same thing ever since the articles dropped Sunday saying they were "already shipping and will be available starting tomorrow".  Here we are 5 days later, and not a single one has shown up online, no FB posts from stores with stock, haven't even been any scalped on GunBroker.

Wish they would have set better expectations with availability.  Leaving the timeframe open ended would have been better than saying "tomorrow" and not releasing any.
View All Quotes

How you tell me you know nothing of warehouse shipping without telling me you know nothing about it.

This stuff takes time to move, distributors are placing their bulk orders, takes time to sift through it all, have set limits on how many are to be shipped to x areas and then to finally get the damn product out the door.

Comparing rifles to phones is just pants on head retarded as well. The iPhone or even Samsung devices are primarily made overseas in sweat shop shit holes (China, Vietnam, Inda) with near slave labor. Not really the same thing as manufacturing a rifle by any stretch, much less ones made in USA.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:14:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carbon2329] [#30]

How you tell me you know nothing of warehouse shipping without telling me you know nothing about it.

This stuff takes time to move, distributors are placing their bulk orders, takes time to sift through it all, have set limits on how many are to be shipped to x areas and then to finally get the damn product out the door.

Comparing rifles to phones is just pants on head retarded as well. The iPhone or even Samsung devices are primarily made overseas in sweat shop shit holes (China, Vietnam, Inda) with near slave labor. Not really the same thing as manufacturing a rifle by any stretch, much less ones made in USA.
View Quote

You are so right...I'm sorry for even saying anything..........................(remember you are the one who called what a said a "Name": see underlined portion above)....

I wasn't comparing the two products, but the processes in which they are "Launched"... Sig can choose when to "launch".....why not wait until they are actually on the shelves like they say........

A Big company like Sig Sauer announcing a product as "available" and then not having it available is ok.....because of "distributors and production and setting limits etc..." .....that's nothing like a big business like apple......they don't have to deal with those issues.......

Again, so sorry I mentioned it.......my apologies.

Here comes a retort................................................
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Look, I get that it all takes time.  What I'm talking about is the messaging that they'd be "available tomorrow" or "available by the time this video airs" when it wasn't the case.  Maybe that's on the reps, maybe something changed or got delayed shortly before release, but now we have no idea if they're shipping to dealers, shipping to distributors, sitting at Sig because they found an issue, etc.  Compare that with a release like the Springfield Prodigy, where they said it would be available "today" and it was.

At the end of the day, we can't do anything but wait.  Just wish they would have said something more open-ended like "they'll be available in the coming weeks" instead of implying a firm availability date and missing it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:27:49 PM EDT
[#32]
And Sig has a history with the MXC line, of being very sparse in its availability.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I did expect them to start popping up by now, considering the press release said they would be available.  I dont see any in stock at RSR either but they seem to get stuff last.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Look, I get that it all takes time.  What I'm talking about is the messaging that they'd be "available tomorrow" or "available by the time this video airs" when it wasn't the case.  Maybe that's on the reps, maybe something changed or got delayed shortly before release, but now we have no idea if they're shipping to dealers, shipping to distributors, sitting at Sig because they found an issue, etc.  Compare that with a release like the Springfield Prodigy, where they said it would be available "today" and it was.

At the end of the day, we can't do anything but wait.  Just wish they would have said something more open-ended like "they'll be available in the coming weeks" instead of implying a firm availability date and missing it.

View All Quotes

Thing is, they ARE available. The distributors are placing their orders and when a customer goes into a distributor and requests a buy, slapping cash down, that shop will then place their order. They couldn't exactly let distributors place orders before the announcement as then it wouldn't be much of an announcement as everyone and their brother would have been informed of it by leaks in the distributor chain.

Distribution takes time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:38:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnhd] [#35]
Originally Posted By Kgknight1037:
I did expect them to start popping up by now, considering the press release said they would be available.  I dont see any in stock at RSR either but they seem to get stuff last.
View Quote

GunBroker is usually the ultimate litmus test for availability, since there will always be dealers that want to capitalize on the "gotta have it first" crowd.  That's what I used to confirm SP5K-PDWs were starting to hit dealers after they were announced.

To date, the only Spear LT listed on there was by a NR seller (likely a scam).
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:03:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carbon2329] [#36]

Distribution takes time.
View Quote

Then perhaps companies (like Sig etc....) should wait more "time" until they 'Launch" their product..............(so when they say it's on the shelf,....it actually is......).  

I know there is more to it than that, but it's still a bit annoying.....(1st world problems).
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Then perhaps companies (like Sig etc....) should wait more "time" until they 'Launch" their product..............(so when they say it's on the shelf,....it actually is......).  

I know there is more to it than that, but it's still a bit annoying.....(1st world problems).
View All Quotes

Distribution takes time.

People wouldn't be going to distributors/shops and placing orders for it, if that were the case.

They are literally available for order, Right. Now. Expect a week or two before them to actually hit shelves as distribution takes time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:12:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carbon2329] [#38]
Where can I place an order?

I have called a dozen shops all of them said they can't even order it yet and all of them said it wasn't even on their distributor lists, so they couldn't even order it....they had to go to the general Sig website to see what it was and the different configurations.

No hard feelings, it's a fun discussion.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Where can I place an order?

I have called a dozen shops all of them said they can't even order it yet and all of them said it wasn't even on their distributor lists, so they couldn't even order it....they had to go to the general Sig website to see what it was and the different configurations.

No hard feelings, it's a fun discussion.
View Quote

Find which one is listed as an Elite dealer, my local one took my order, paid in full
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:36:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: carbon2329] [#40]
Figured it out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:42:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GrAvril] [#41]
Hm, sorry apparently there's only 10 in the country. Didn't know that. Just found some info

one of only ten Elite Dealers in the country! SIG SAUER Elite Dealers are the best of the best - offering a "store within a store" format complete with custom fixtures merchandised to SIG SAUER's standards.

Through this exciting partnership, we will receive numerous benefits allowing us to better meet the wants and needs of our customers. These benefits include:

Exclusive product releases only able to be purchased by the consumer through an Elite Dealer.
Trained and certified armorer(s) on site.
First priority on allocation of product shipped directly from the factory.
Training events featuring instructors from the SIG SAUER Academy.
Promotional events and sales with range test fires a few times a year.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
I don't understand the appeal of 762R as a consumer. Maybe if I were sitting on a pallet of 762R, then I would. It's outperformed in most ways by .300blk and/or 5.56.

For the mags, the ASC mags or whatever are the only game in town, compared to R&D for a new receiver and bolt. Then they'd also have to listen to whiners who say that their West Elbonian Type XII(ii)d waffle bakelite mags don't feed correctly.

I understand that Sig is just reacting to market demand, but I don't get where the demand comes from.
View Quote
You need to reread your post.  You say you understand that sig is reacting to market demand but then you say you don't understand where the demand comes from????   The demand comes from the market!   People want it.  You obviously don't want it so don't get it.  Not everyone wants or doesn't want what you do.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Bigchillin83:

lol that has no variance on a manufacture selling a primo $ gun then discontinuing it, and parts drying up and have to beg and pled to pay for a simple required part to make the gun work... I would expect better cs then that... Its not like i would take that charging handle and use it on any other platform and try to scam sig... its blatantly obvious it was only for there gun and i needed one..
View Quote
What parts are you needing to get your gun running?  Sig will fix your gun. They have one of the best warrantees out there. If your guns not running then send it back to them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By MGYSGT8541:
You need to reread your post.  You say you understand that sig is reacting to market demand but then you say you don't understand where the demand comes from????   The demand comes from the market!   People want it.  You obviously don't want it so don't get it.  Not everyone wants or doesn't want what you do.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MGYSGT8541:
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
I don't understand the appeal of 762R as a consumer. Maybe if I were sitting on a pallet of 762R, then I would. It's outperformed in most ways by .300blk and/or 5.56.

For the mags, the ASC mags or whatever are the only game in town, compared to R&D for a new receiver and bolt. Then they'd also have to listen to whiners who say that their West Elbonian Type XII(ii)d waffle bakelite mags don't feed correctly.

I understand that Sig is just reacting to market demand, but I don't get where the demand comes from.
Easy, slick. I have no clue why people want an obsolete caliber that is waning in popularity across the nation. The days of 7cpr 7.62R are long gone. Checking sgammo, I see the cheapest 7.62R is 43cpr, and it's steel cased. I won't even start digging to figure out the cheapest brass cased boxer primed 762R.

It makes sense for foreign militaries because they have the supply chain, manufacturing capability, and logistics to effectively utilize it. But like I said in my quoted post, unless you're sitting on a pallet of 762, I don't know why you'd want this when you have .300blk and 5.56 available.

I DO, however, understand that Sig is reacting to the market.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Hm, sorry apparently there's only 10 in the country. Didn't know that. Just found some info

one of only ten Elite Dealers in the country! SIG SAUER Elite Dealers are the best of the best - offering a "store within a store" format complete with custom fixtures merchandised to SIG SAUER's standards.

Through this exciting partnership, we will receive numerous benefits allowing us to better meet the wants and needs of our customers. These benefits include:

Exclusive product releases only able to be purchased by the consumer through an Elite Dealer.
Trained and certified armorer(s) on site.
First priority on allocation of product shipped directly from the factory.
Training events featuring instructors from the SIG SAUER Academy.
Promotional events and sales with range test fires a few times a year.
View Quote

There are a couple of dozen Elite dealers.  Definitely more than 10.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:55:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coregon] [#46]
Many in this industry, SIG included, have years of bad habits to break.  One of those is the ramping/release of new products at SHOT Show.  In years like 2022, where we did not participate in SHOT, the pressure to have ready and “release” new product during that show are gone.  This, by itself, is a huge pressure relief valve and has allowed us to keep quiet of and truly release more product this year - rather than rushing out prototypes to hang on the wall of a booth in January.

Many times, the release of a product is as much a release to the commercial channel (dealers, distributors, box stores, etc), as it is to the consumer.  And many times, even to the sales team(s) - they may know it’s coming, but they don’t know exactly when.  So, it does take a little time to then disseminate the information to the channel, have conversations, receive PO’s, process those PO’s, allocate product, then get it out the door.  It seems like an elongated process to the consumer, because it is.  This is also why you may call some dealer and they don’t even know what you’re talking about.  Sometimes, key customers get a heads up on a product and may have it available upon “release”, but those logistics are extremely difficult.  We have completed that successfully several times over the years, and even a couple of times this year (322 & 365Macro).

SPEAR-LT guns are literally shipping right now.  You’ll see them in the market before end of month.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Coregon,

Thank you for the response.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Appreciate the clarification and explanation!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Thank you for sure!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#50]

SPEAR-LT guns are literally shipping right now.  You’ll see them in the market before end of month.
View Quote

Are those in reasonably large quantities or the types of quantities we have been seeing of the Virtus (a little sparse, if you know what I mean) ?  

(sincere question)
Page / 43
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top