MCX SURG (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:
@Combat_Diver

See any of these Sig SURG kits floating around? Come across any yet at work?
View Quote

I have not
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Do we even know who is going to be issuing them.  I know SOCOM but that’s pretty broad.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 12:02:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#3]
Originally Posted By StampCollector87:
Do we even know who is going to be issuing them.  I know SOCOM but that's pretty broad.
View Quote
AFSOC has them.

Based of some photos NSW might also have them but just sitting in the cages. Though from talking to people they just sit in the armory at AFSOC also lol
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
AFSOC has them.

Based of some photos NSW might also have them but just sitting in the cages. Though from talking to people they just sit in the armory at AFSOC also lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Do we even know who is going to be issuing them.  I know SOCOM but that's pretty broad.
AFSOC has them.

$48 million dollars to just sit around and not get used - amazing.

Though I know this sort of thing happens all the time with the government.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

I was under the impression that these were meant to replace the MK18 program for NSW and MARSOC. Is this not the case?

I've been part of small arms transition for a military service and a simple change can take multiple years so them being under utilized or not fielded currently can be for a host of reasons.
View Quote

Which is why guns are type classified thru Crane as it only takes a short time, not years.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#8]

What's the Type for a SURG/M4A1?

View Quote

No clue, haven't seen them
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#9]

I was under the impression that these were meant to replace the MK18 program for NSW and MARSOC. Is this not the case?

I've been part of small arms transition for a military service and a simple change can take multiple years so them being under utilized or not fielded currently can be for a host of reasons.
View Quote

The rifles are out there.

As cool as these rifles are it seems like it's just another Mk16 situation.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/19/2024 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#10]
The Mk16 comparison is an interesting one.

I mean, on the one hand, I understand why they wanted something like the SURG - something that's a little more fine tuned for a short barreled suppressed rifle (which these guys use the hell out of).

On the other hand, is it really THAT much better than the current CQBR URG-I 11.5/10.5 w/ Surefire SOCOM suppressors?

They look cool as hell though - no denying that (and I still want one).
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#11]

I mean, on the one hand, I understand why they wanted something like the SURG - something that's a little more fine tuned for a short barreled suppressed rifle (which these guys use the hell out of).

On the other hand, is it really THAT much better than the current CQBR URG-I 11.5/10.5 w/ Surefire SOCOM suppressors?

View Quote
Not to mention that units are adopting flow through suppressors making this even more redundant.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Not to mention that units are adopting flow through suppressors making this even more redundant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

As much as I drool over the SURG, the truth is, you could probably put the SURG suppressor on a regular Mk18 and save 90% of the program cost and get 90% of the benefit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#13]
UPS lost my SURG on the way to my shop

Fucking idiots
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I am amazed with how quiet the SURG is and how you get zero gas to the face which is a huge plus as a lefty. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/193723/8AE99C53-3969-4762-B1D4-27B36C2FC2C0_1_2-3248973.jpg
View Quote

How about the weight? I couldnt' find any info on the web. Is it heavy or similar to MCX 11.5 LT?
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#15]
The SURG is a virtus upper, so it'll be closer to that in weight
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#16]

The rifles are out there.

As cool as these rifles are it seems like it's just another Mk16 situation.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_8622_jpeg-3271020.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_8623_jpeg-3271021.JPG
View Quote

It's not a Mk16 situation, but they're just not as widely used as the URGI. Some recent pics of AFSOC actually using them dropped not that long ago.

Link Posted: 8/9/2024 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if they'll ever sell tanodized receiver adapters and stocks for us broke boys.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
MCX SURG (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top