Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 42
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 3:20:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Someone asked me about this Aimpoint mount couple months ago.  Finally saw the rifle again.  Rings and mount are Leupold.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6566_jpg-831544.JPG

CD
View Quote
That was me. Thanks CD.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:46:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SSD13] [#2]
Someone asked me about this Aimpoint mount couple months ago.  Finally saw the rifle again.  Rings and mount are Leupold.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6566_jpg-831544.JPG

CD
View Quote
Thanks CD.  Much appreciated.  Any idea who makes that 45 degree offset Aimpoint T-1/T-2 mount off the pic rail?  Larue and then Aimpoint made the original ECOS Mark 6 kit 12 o'clock Aimpoint mounts.  However, neither of them are making the 45 degree pic rail offset mounts being used currently.  I know that for certain.  Leupold apparently doesn't make a 45 degree offset mount other than direct interface for the DeltaPoint.  From your pic based on shape & size of what can be seen below the T-1, I suspect Daniel Defense.  Doesn't look like KAC.  Thanks in advance for any info.

Any chance of a pic of that 45 degree pic rail T-1 mount from the other side?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Got a little muddy this weekend:

Link Posted: 2/4/2019 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
This is far from a full range report, but these are shots #7-11 out of my 20S. Conditions were terrible. Heavy, wet snow, couldn’t get the bench set up, and I was having trouble getting myself situated while prone to be high enough to see over the snow. I sighted in with 150gr surplus, only took two shots for that. Then I shot a 5 round group with the 150, then switched to the SSA 168gr that Brownell’s has a good deal on for the 5 rounds shown below. And then I called it a day.

Unfortunately the target was ruined from snowfall on the drive home so I wasn’t able to mic it. The flyer was the first shot, I don’t think I pulled it so I wonder if it was caused by manual bolt release vs autoloading the subsequent shots. But maybe it was me. Including the flyer, it appears to be around an inch, and a bit under if I exclude it. But I’m pretty happy with these results.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Just need to get the correct bipod. Gave up on sourcing the Surefire flash hider for now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#6]
whole squad
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By spermgewehr44:
whole squad
https://i.postimg.cc/8cFbT7CC/IMG-20190127-122506-823.jpg
View Quote
Nice SCAR collection - definitely jealous.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Not sure on posting links to a particular gun auction site, but there's a FA762SV listed if you know where to look.

Inquiring minds can IM me and I'll hook it up with the link.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 3:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
A couple years ago I decided to try out the KDG stock and sold off my factory ugg boot. Well, I’ve had a change of heart and the ugg boot is drawing me back in. Love the KDG stock but the ugg just looks at home on the gun. So I’ve been hovering over the EE looking to buy one back but every post ends up being neutered and stripped down. Why are so many like that? People breaking the cheek riser? Pulling it off for some other reason? Genuinely curious here.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 2:44:26 AM EDT
[#10]
What height NF rings do you guys feel works best with the SCAR 17?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By dmac7979:
What height NF rings do you guys feel works best with the SCAR 17?
View Quote
1.5".  1.375s are also pretty comfortable for most people and the lowest that will clear the rear sight.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:10:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Supposedly a Ranger SCAR.

Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7890/47015015292_97a9dcb905_b.jpg
View Quote
Probable given it’s a 17 with 5.56 conversion, which FN has never sold to civies as far as I’m aware and seems to be run by Rangers most commonly.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Finally secured a FA762SV w/mount via the SCAR FB group. Now I just gotta wait
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Well isn't this peculiar? Photo tagged as US SOF operating in Columbia. Of particular interest is the Mk17 on the right. It's setup with a fixed AR stock adapter, rail extension, and perhaps most notably, what appears to be an AAC Mk13-SD suppressor. Certainly haven't seen that before.

Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Kalmar:
Well isn't this peculiar? Photo tagged as US SOF operating in Columbia. Of particular interest is the Mk17 on the right. It's setup with a fixed AR stock adapter, rail extension, and perhaps most notably, what appears to be an AAC Mk13-SD suppressor. Certainly haven't seen that before.

https://i.imgur.com/LCrlD5J.jpg
View Quote
I don't think that is a MK17...
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:14:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usnguns] [#17]

View Quote
CSR?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cone256:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cone256:
It's definitely not a Mk20 if that's what you're implying.

Originally Posted By usnguns:
CSR...not a Mk17.
Take a closer look, especially at the barrel support screws—there's only two. The canoe is far too short to be a CSR and the 3 o'clock rail begins just past it. The stock adapter is also aftermarket, either VLTOR or Mesa Tactical. FN's part is of notably different design and color. Unlike the CSR, this rifle's forend appears vented similar to that of a Midwest Industries or PWS rail extension. It's also lacking the forward QD mount present on the CSR.

Of course, I could be wrong, but the weight of visual evidence strongly suggests this is a modified Mk17.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#19]

It's definitely not a Mk20 if that's what you're implying.

Take a closer look, especially at the barrel support screws—there's only two. The canoe is far too short to be a CSR and the 3 o'clock rail begins just past it. The stock adapter is also aftermarket, either VLTOR or Mesa Tactical. FN's part is of notably different design and color. Unlike the CSR, this rifle's forend appears vented similar to that of a Midwest Industries or PWS rail extension. It's also lacking the forward QD mount present on the CSR.

Of course, I could be wrong, but the weight of visual evidence strongly suggests this is a modified Mk17.
View Quote
Good eye.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
It doesn't really seem that odd to me. It's definitely a 17. But all the can options they have for the 17 right now kinda suck. It seems like the older long boy AAC cans have all been phased out. And so if for whatever reason there's not a good Surefire or FN option sitting around, why not throw an AAC FH on there and run the 13 can. If I remember correctly it's a titanium can right? So from weight alone it might be nice to run on there.

And running it in more of a precision rifle configuration (LR scope, bipod, extension rail) vs. a battle rifle with ELCAN, he's probably no just mag dumping on it. So the can should be more than capable for that given it's rated for 338.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 7:16:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I was told that someone has seen a 13" mk17 running the fa762sv in the wild but still waiting for pics.  Does anyone have them?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 7:39:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#22]
Had to pull off a FN FH off a spare barrel assy couple months ago to replace a damaged FH on a Mk17.  Just got these FH for replacements.  Mount them as needed.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Yes, that's FN cage code on the bag with the Surefire FH762SV-SCAR
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
I was told that someone has seen a 13" mk17 running the fa762sv in the wild but still waiting for pics.  Does anyone have them?
View Quote
Check the reference photos at the bottom of page 2. Although it has a 16" barrel, it's the only Mk17 with a SV suppressor that I recall seeing pictures of. @Great_Balls_of_Fire has done an exceptional job replicating it just above.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Mil training at the range today with mk20s.  Crosshairs in third pic is spotting scope.

Link Posted: 3/6/2019 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
wanna move on the brake?  i send u a PM
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By CageFighter:

wanna move on the brake?  i send u a PM
View Quote
come again?
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 12:35:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quick question guys. Is the gas system longer on the 20s vs 17?

Regards
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 1:24:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:
Quick question guys. Is the gas system longer on the 20s vs 17?

Regards
View Quote
no, same length
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 2:01:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SSD13:

Thanks CD.  Much appreciated.  Any idea who makes that 45 degree offset Aimpoint T-1/T-2 mount off the pic rail?  Larue and then Aimpoint made the original ECOS Mark 6 kit 12 o'clock Aimpoint mounts.  However, neither of them are making the 45 degree pic rail offset mounts being used currently.  I know that for certain.  Leupold apparently doesn't make a 45 degree offset mount other than direct interface for the DeltaPoint.  From your pic based on shape & size of what can be seen below the T-1, I suspect Daniel Defense.  Doesn't look like KAC.  Thanks in advance for any info.

Any chance of a pic of that 45 degree pic rail T-1 mount from the other side?
View Quote
Got a off set mount for the T1 ECOS just before I flew out on mission yesterday.  I'll relook at it when I get back next week.

CD
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 4:46:14 AM EDT
[#30]

no, same length
View Quote
Thanks for the response!
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Got a off set mount for the T1 ECOS just before I flew out on mission yesterday.  I'll relook at it when I get back next week.

CD
View Quote
Awesome and thanks, CD.  Be safe out there, brother.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

It doesn't really seem that odd to me. It's definitely a 17. But all the can options they have for the 17 right now kinda suck. It seems like the older long boy AAC cans have all been phased out. And so if for whatever reason there's not a good Surefire or FN option sitting around, why not throw an AAC FH on there and run the 13 can. If I remember correctly it's a titanium can right? So from weight alone it might be nice to run on there.

And running it in more of a precision rifle configuration (LR scope, bipod, extension rail) vs. a battle rifle with ELCAN, he's probably no just mag dumping on it. So the can should be more than capable for that given it's rated for 338.
View Quote
Funny how they say it's not rated for a SCAR 17 but it can handle .338, don't see how it would be an issue in a precision role though with a slow ROF.

Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Funny how they say it's not rated for a SCAR 17 but it can handle .338, don't see how it would be an issue in a precision role though with a slow ROF.

https://i.gyazo.com/dc22571be976ade586edc8a01d7e090c.png
View Quote
Maybe scars rattle baffles loose lol.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Maybe scars rattle baffles loose lol.
View Quote
Especially the titanium baffles. SCAR's do have a shit ton of back pressure lol.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Especially the titanium baffles. SCAR's do have a shit ton of back pressure lol.
View Quote
This comment makes no sense.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:11:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#36]
Originally Posted By Tremblay:

This comment makes no sense.
View Quote
Rotated the mount off a bit and the baffle stack came loose in my AAC Tirant 45 only because it's user serviceable, has nothing to do with titanium though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#37]
are the FH hard to get off ?

Had to pull off a FN FH off a spare barrel assy couple months ago to replace a damaged FH on a Mk17.  Just got these FH for replacements.  Mount them as needed.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6826_jpg-866979.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6828_jpg-866980.JPG
Yes, that's FN cage code on the bag with the Surefire FH762SV-SCAR
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_6827_jpg-866981.JPG

CD
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 12:34:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
are the FH hard to get off ?
View Quote
No, just use the Mk17 mag block, lock in vise, use proper wrench and twist off.

CD
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
Seems legit, I dunno anyone else dummy cording their optics on this site.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 1:18:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#40]
Originally Posted By FrankW134:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankW134:

I agree (and with TinyCrumb's assessment above). I didn't take the pic and just wanted to cite the source for a little context.

Pic thread:

Dan Crenshaw

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#41]
thanks
where can i get mag block ?

No, just use the Mk17 mag block, lock in vise, use proper wrench and twist off.

CD
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
thanks
where can i get mag block ?
View Quote
I got it out of my Crane Mk17 armorers kit.  One end is for a Mk16 lower and other fits the Mk17.

CD
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 1:40:05 AM EDT
[#43]
https://tangodown.com/tangodown-scar-armorer-block-set/

This set is the official SOCOM-issue Armorer’s Block Set for the FNH SCAR MK16 & MK17. All major service procedures for this weapon system can be accomplished easily using the 5 piece set. Allows barrel service, trigger module repair, and bolt disassembly/reassembly for both calibers. Mounts MK13 grenade launcher for inspection and service as well.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 1:48:25 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
That's it.

CD
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
can someone tell me what that sticker is on top of the bell of the MK6 Scope? Looks like some sort of UID sticker, where can i aquire one ? Also i found that the daniel defense 45 rail topped with a t1/t2 low mount clears the mk6 turrets.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
Whats the ratio of non illuminated and illuminated mk6 scopes? Also are they usually tremor 3 reticles?
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SemperFortis202:

Whats the ratio of non illuminated and illuminated mk6 scopes? Also are they usually tremor 3 reticles?
View Quote
Can't say as I was there inspecting the rifles.  Glass wasn't tagged.

CD
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SemperFortis202:
can someone tell me what that sticker is on top of the bell of the MK6 Scope? Looks like some sort of UID sticker, where can i aquire one ?
View Quote
Not a sticker, the SU-279A/PVS is engraved with a data matrix and additional information on top of the objective bell. What specific info? I'm not exactly sure. Most likely S/N, NSN, CAGE code and DOM would be my guess. Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures clear enough to resolve those details. Perhaps @Combat_Diver could help us get a better view whenever he has the opportunity.

View Quote
The part number of the Leupold scope cited in the Mk20 OM is 118778, which corresponds to the DAGR kit with TReMoR2 reticle. Searching the same NSN #1240-01-619-6564 reveals that ECOS-O deliveries with the TReMoR3 reticle began OCT 2015. So while there are two versions in service, neither model is illuminated.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:02:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSD13] [#50]
The H-59 non-Illuminated, Tremor 2 Illuminated and non-Illuminated, and Tremor 3 Illuminated and non-Illuminated Mark 6 all with M5C2 turrets are issued contract items.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top