Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 42
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#1]
does The PWS extended rail come out too far on a 13” scar17? Is so then are there any other good extended rail options for 13” clone correct or otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:22:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SemperFortis202:
does The PWS extended rail come out too far on a 13” scar17? Is so then are there any other good extended rail options for 13” clone correct or otherwise.
View Quote
No, it’s about perfect.

I put a PWS rail extension on a 13” CQC barrel with a SureFire SOCOM762-RC and the suppressor is basically flush with the rail.

I’ll see if I can dig up a pic.

ETA:

Can’t find my pic. Here’s one in the wild but tough to see (no suppressor though):

Link Posted: 5/7/2019 2:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, CD.  Great pics, as usual!  And there we have it...Daniel Defense 45 degree offset for the T-1/T-2.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:03:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperFortis202] [#5]
Hey CD if it’s not too much trouble would you be able to get the measurements on that laser engraving on the top of the objective of the MK6?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Hey CD if it’s not too much trouble would you be able to get the measurements on that laser engraving on the top of the objective of the MK6?
View Quote
Not at that location anymore.  Might be awhile before I get there again.

CD
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

Not at that location anymore.  Might be awhile before I get there again.

CD
View Quote
Hey CD, how common are the mk17’s in the field with the SF guys?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 12:14:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ThRob:

Hey CD, how common are the mk17’s in the field with the SF guys?
View Quote
Common, each team deploys with 3-4 on a 12 man team every time.

CD
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#9]

CD
View Quote
Dang, that's super cool! Thanks again CD, you 'da man
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]

CD
View Quote
Damn, more than I thought. Are any the 13"ers or are they all the standard 16?
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 10:33:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Coming along now! Someone sell me a UHP so the recoil won't eat this one.

Link Posted: 5/10/2019 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:

Damn, more than I thought. Are any the 13"ers or are they all the standard 16?
View Quote
Usually 16" but once in awhile short and long barrels are installed.

CD
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 4:36:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:00:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#15]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

What sling?
View Quote
Don't know, I just take the pictures, and fix the guns! (buttstock lock was broken)

CD
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#16]

What sling?
View Quote
Looks like a padded VTac sling.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't know, I just take the pictures, and fix the guns! (buttstock lock was broken)

CD
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What sling?

CD
You're of no use to me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JAR-SPR:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAR-SPR:

What sling?
Sure does. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#20]
My scar is currently naked as im in search for a new optic.
Some of the old setups:

Link Posted: 5/17/2019 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I finally scooped up a NF pattern Wilcox Doctor mount for my Mk17!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Is that a 16” barrel? I’m wondering how far the correct suppressor mount covers up the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 12:54:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ThRob:

Is that a 16” barrel? I’m wondering how far the correct suppressor mount covers up the barrel.
View Quote
no, 13".
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

no, 13".
View Quote
Gottcha, 13 inch looks awesome
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 2:38:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Noticed some MK16, or MK17 with the 16 conversion units being used in the most recent US Army tv commercial featuring a bunch of Rangers.

Sorry for the crappy screen shots:

Link Posted: 5/21/2019 12:55:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SHATTERED_TIMES] [#27]
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 8:41:02 PM EDT
[#28]
anybody got the drop on a FN 3 prong?
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 1:21:56 AM EDT
[#29]
anybody got the drop on a FN 3 prong?
View Quote
I got mines from Midwest gun works.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:

https://i.imgur.com/uw5dIah.png
View Quote
What is that muzzle device? It looks like a bloated HK 3 lug LOL. Maybe it's shorty can and the video distorts it somehow?
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 1:55:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tanodized] [#31]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:
What is that muzzle device?
View Quote
It's a blank firing adapter for the AAC flash hider.

Link Posted: 5/25/2019 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Kalmar:

It's a blank firing adapter for the AAC flash hider.

https://i.imgur.com/2ZgIQdP.jpg
View Quote
That's cool. Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

I got mines from Midwest gun works.
View Quote
damn things are sold out
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 3:46:07 AM EDT
[#34]

damn things are sold out
View Quote
I’ve got a lightly used one I’d sell
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#35]

I’ve got a lightly used one I’d sell
View Quote
Just sent you a message!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 4:31:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#36]

ETA: looks like a 2.5-10x32 to me
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#37]
75th Ranger with his Mk17 today.

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#38]
75th Ranger with his Mk17 today.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_7832_jpg-993936.JPG

CD
View Quote
Barrel looks like length of mk16.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Barrel looks like length of mk16.
View Quote
I'd venture to say it's a Mk17 5.56 conversion
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Took the SCAR and Surefire SV Suppressor to a known distance range this weekend and I was anxious to do so as I really haven't gotten around to shooting it past 300-400 yards in distance. I was shooting FGMM .308 175smk and clocked the first 20rd mags at an average speed of 2469 FPS with an SD of 9. Hits were very consistent out to 800 yards and the rifle began to struggle beyond that range (transonic is around 720 yards - furthest target was 1100 yards and I was able to get some hits on that). All in all, it's a fun platform to shoot but it does have its quirks. A few notes:

1. Loading the bipod is noticeably more problematic, in terms of affect on POI, on the SCAR than any other AR/Bolt Gun platform that I own. I'm a big dude and tend to inadvertently put a lot of weight behind a gun. I'm conscious of this and try to stay more neutral or "neutral positive" per se, but I still overload it from time to time as it's easy for me to really press into a gun. I noticed the issue when I first received the rifle late last year and put it on paper. I saw noticeable shifts in impact, almost exaggerated it seems, and it appeared to be solely due to inconsistent pressure on the bipod. Now, an inconsistent wield on any gun is an issue to begin with, but it seems exacerbated by the SCAR's design and at further target distances. No parts or pieces on the rifle are loose or in poor condition, it just seems to be one of "those things" about the rifle as I've had others report the exact feedback on the gun--"still plenty accurate to smoke a fool, but noticeable" as one guy stated.

2. A neutral wield or neutral load on the SCAR makes it damn near impossible to have proper follow through--the recoil on these things is wild. I shot the rifle mostly between 4-8x magnification ranges and it's more difficult to keep on target than a suppressed .300 win-mag.

3. Shoot from a bag or tripod when possible - I was much more accurate and consistent from those positions than shooting (prone) on the bipod.

Link Posted: 7/1/2019 3:41:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#41]
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
Took the SCAR and Surefire SV Suppressor to a known distance range this weekend and I was anxious to do so as I really haven't gotten around to shooting it past 300-400 yards in distance. I was shooting FGMM .308 175smk and clocked the first 20rd mags at an average speed of 2469 FPS with an SD of 9. Hits were very consistent out to 800 yards and the rifle began to struggle beyond that range (transonic is around 720 yards - furthest target was 1100 yards and I was able to get some hits on that). All in all, it's a fun platform to shoot but it does have its quirks. A few notes:

1. Loading the bipod is noticeably more problematic, in terms of affect on POI, on the SCAR than any other AR/Bolt Gun platform that I own. I'm a big dude and tend to inadvertently put a lot of weight behind a gun. I'm conscious of this and try to stay more neutral or "neutral positive" per se, but I still overload it from time to time as it's easy for me to really press into a gun. I noticed the issue when I first received the rifle late last year and put it on paper. I saw noticeable shifts in impact, almost exaggerated it seems, and it appeared to be solely due to inconsistent pressure on the bipod. Now, an inconsistent wield on any gun is an issue to begin with, but it seems exacerbated by the SCAR's design and at further target distances. No parts or pieces on the rifle are loose or in poor condition, it just seems to be one of "those things" about the rifle as I've had others report the exact feedback on the gun--"still plenty accurate to smoke a fool, but noticeable" as one guy stated.

2. A neutral wield or neutral load on the SCAR makes it damn near impossible to have proper follow through--the recoil on these things is wild. I shot the rifle mostly between 4-8x magnification ranges and it's more difficult to keep on target than a suppressed .300 win-mag.

3. Shoot from a bag or tripod when possible - I was much more accurate and consistent from those positions than shooting (prone) on the bipod.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48172266391_09b9e8f854_o.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48165950607_dc9c51a6a1_k.jpg
View Quote
Good post.

Did you ever test POI shift with and without the can yet?  Have been waiting to hear results.

Still waiting on both of my 762sv's.  Going to run one on my 20s, the other on my 17 sbr.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Good post.

Did you ever test POI shift with and without the can yet?  Have been waiting to hear results.

Still waiting on both of my 762sv's.  Going to run one on my 20s, the other on my 17 sbr.
View Quote
Not yet - @ecprevatte and I will hopefully be able to do it soon, though. I've got a couple of ideas on how to isolate some variables at play to see just how much (if any) POI shift the SV causes.

Scar17 and Glock19 - Five and Five
Link Posted: 7/6/2019 10:04:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nihilsum] [#43]

Good post.

View Quote
Agreed. Probably one of the best concise descriptions of pressing the regular SCAR 17 into a precision rifle or even DMR role that I have read... particularly the part about either loading the bipod and dealing with the stringing nonsense that induces on paper or having the gun vibrate all over the place. It's a fantastic heavy carbine, but 'squirrelly' in bipod-supported prone. Definitely not your gun if tight groups and small plates are your thing.

On mine, moving the bipod from back from the SRX to the barrel assembly rail closer to the receiver helped some, but having the bipod that close makes it a little less stable.

Muzzle velocity for 175gr in the 16" barrel is on point.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
What rail extension is that? I just installed the Midwest Industries on mine. Beside the anno color, I really like it and it gave me just enough space for my Vltor ModPod. I will probably mount my PEQ15 in the same spot once I get it. Elcan is next.
Link Posted: 7/7/2019 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#45]
What rail extension is that? I just installed the Midwest Industries on mine. Beside the anno color, I really like it and it gave me just enough space for my Vltor ModPod. I will probably mount my PEQ15 in the same spot once I get it. Elcan is next.
View All Quotes
PWS SRX
Link Posted: 7/8/2019 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By nihilsum:

Agreed. Probably one of the best concise descriptions of pressing the regular SCAR 17 into a precision rifle or even DMR role that I have read... particularly the part about either loading the bipod and dealing with the stringing nonsense that induces on paper or having the gun vibrate all over the place. It's a fantastic heavy carbine, but 'squirrelly' in bipod-supported prone. Definitely not your gun if tight groups and small plates are your thing.

On mine, moving the bipod from back from the SRX to the barrel assembly rail closer to the receiver helped some, but having the bipod that close makes it a little less stable.

Muzzle velocity for 175gr in the 16" barrel is on point.
View Quote
That is my consensus--so long as you understand the 17s strong suits, you will do well and be happy with the performance. Pushing the platform into something that it isn't made for will only leave you disappointed, I feel. I'm curious if the Mk20 shares similar quirks, though? Similar in design, but it does have a reinforced barrel extension that might help mitigate the issue.

Link Posted: 7/18/2019 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/27/2019 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
How you gonna clip-on now?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 9:48:41 AM EDT
[#50]

How you gonna clip-on now?
View Quote
I've rocked the UNS-SR on that SCAR my last couple of outings. Small and effective--plus I don't have to lug that brick around. Would love to get into the thermal game, though.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top