Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2017 4:03:35 PM EDT
I just bought an Omega barreled receiver and now am on the hunt for a trigger group.

My understanding is I can use any trigger group?
Is a POF takeoff fine? Is a WTB ad in the EE my best bet?
I don't have a sear, just throwing that out there.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
You can use any "clipped and pinned" MP5 trigger groups. I am unsure if POF/MKE groups will fit without modifcation due to shelf size differences.

hkparts.net or robertrtg.com are the usual go-to places to find these.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just bought an Omega barreled receiver and now am on the hunt for a trigger group.

My understanding is I can use any trigger group?
Is a POF takeoff fine? Is a WTB ad in the EE my best bet?
I don't have a sear, just throwing that out there.
View Quote

Current POF and MKE housings use a forward hinge pin for attachment.....and won't work on your Omega.......like Aphex said.....you need a clipped/pinned housing.

The actual trigger pack from a POF / MKE should work however.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You can use any lower as long as it's been modified to semi with the sear hole in the frame being removed. The housing (as mentioned) needs to be clipped to accommodate the semi shelf on the receiver.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Current POF and MKE housings use a forward hinge pin for attachment.....and won't work on your Omega.......like Aphex said.....you need a clipped/pinned housing.

The actual trigger pack from a POF / MKE should work however.
View Quote
Sorry, but POF and MKE are trigger packs are not cut.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually, they are......and they are notched enough to work with a receiver with a clip on shelf......the pack out of my MKE fit perfectly in my Vector V53
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#6]
You have the Navy packs and the SEF packs. The SEF packs are a bit simpler and cheaper. I like the contoured SEF grip being right handed. The Navy packs have ambi selector switches if you're a lefty. But yeah on that Omega receiver it has the standard block/shelf that covers the front take down pin hole. The POF/MKE clones has the hole still there and able to use the pin as normal, but it also has the semi-auto shelf as well. So the POF trigger housing will probably fit, but you can't insert the front pin, and if it doesn't fit just file or grind a bit till it fits around the semi-auto block/shelf on the Omega receiver.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You have the Navy packs and the SEF packs. The SEF packs are a bit simpler and cheaper. I like the contoured SEF grip being right handed. The Navy packs have ambi selector switches if you're a lefty. But yeah on that Omega receiver it has the standard block/shelf that covers the front take down pin hole. The POF/MKE clones has the hole still there and able to use the pin as normal, but it also has the semi-auto shelf as well. So the POF trigger housing will probably fit, but you can't insert the front pin, and if it doesn't fit just file or grind a bit till it fits around the semi-auto block/shelf on the Omega receiver.
View Quote
POF / MKE are not notched enough to fit over the wrap around shelf, OP needs a clipped lower housing. Hkparts has what you need.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Both POF and MKE are cut.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#9]
You need this:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/WTS-MP5-SEF-Clipped-and-Pinned-lower-for-Semi-rifle-or-pistol/47-1677361/
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 12:51:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can use any "clipped and pinned" MP5 trigger groups. I am unsure if POF/MKE groups will fit without modifcation due to shelf size differences.

hkparts.net or robertrtg.com are the usual go-to places to find these.
View Quote
$389 is fair?
I definitely like the pictographs housings with safe semi burst F/A
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:13:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

$389 is fair?
View Quote
Price has gone up since the last time I shopped. 

If you're handy, you could buy a full auto trigger pack, convert it to semi and clip and pin it yourself. It would be cheaper.

Although I have never done it. I think people have chopped G3 housings to fit.

If you knew what I paid for mine back in the day you would shit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 7:25:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I went with a $389 group from HKParts for a Z-5P. It's works but in hindsight an extravagant expense. I should have bought more ammo.

Before that I ended up with a Navy Ambi full auto pack ($215). Like a dummy I thought it was drop in.  I was not going to cut it myself or mod it.

I think the other option would be Bill Springfield for a semi conversion and you are at $200 for the group, + Bills conversion. And if you want the extended controls it's like $85. So you end up close to $389.

...all so you can have the sweet sweet pictograms.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went with a $389 group from HKParts for a Z-5P. It's works but in hindsight an extravagant expense. I should have bought more ammo.

Before that I ended up with a Navy Ambi full auto pack ($215). Like a dummy I thought it was drop in.  I was not going to cut it myself or mod it.

I think the other option would be Bill Springfield for a semi conversion and you are at $200 for the group, + Bills conversion. And if you want the extended controls it's like $85. So you end up close to $389.

...all so you can have the sweet sweet pictograms.
View Quote
I know...
I actually know Bill personally
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

$389 is fair?
View Quote
You can get a SEF Navy style trigger pack that has the same pistol grip configuration for $120 cheaper but if you want the pictograms and the selector switch you gotta fork out some more cash.

The upside to owning a SEF trigger pack is that you have more trigger housing options to choose from though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:00:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Will this fit/work?
Pictograms are cool, don't care about ambi
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:10:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Will this fit/work?
Pictograms are cool, don't care about ambi
View Quote
Yes. It is just a housing though and the description sounds like you will have to paint the pictograms.

ETA You will have to clip and pin it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:22:26 AM EDT
[#17]
This is probably the best deal out there right now.

I should have bought more HK stuff when it was cheap. 

91 lower assemblies used to be $20.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 9:56:33 AM EDT
[#18]
if you want Pictogram lower, HERE is my vote.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
if you want Pictogram lower, HERE is my vote.
View Quote
Ok, noted.
Question: is it hard to plug n play with a housing and a separate trigger group?
I've got a little money burning a hole in my pocket and saw this for $150. Can I snag an actual trigger down the road when my F1 is approved? I'm not quite ready to drop $400, I would have bought a complete gun in the first place
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, you can but typically more expensive buying it in pieces, instead of the entire trigger group.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah, you can but typically more expensive buying it in pieces, instead of the entire trigger group.
View Quote
Dang, okay. Maybe I'll save the money
Because I need the trigger group and selectors are sold separately right?
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can buy the housing, pack, and selector all separately. Just have to make sure you're getting the right parts. SEF won't fit Ambi, etc etc
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Unless you buy the complete lower.

The cheapest route looks like:
$140 semi trigger pack.
$55 picto lower housing you posted
$16 selector lever.

You would need to have to pay someone $50 + s&h to clip and pin or do it yourself. Then, fill the picto lower with paint. Both things are fairly easy to do yourself.

We used to have a nice tutorial on clipping and pinning until FPB ruined it. 

The painting is super easy. Smear it on, wipe off the excess.

ETA: I am quoting a SEF trigger pack. It will fit but the selector won't line up with the markings on the picto lower.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Unless you buy the complete lower.

The cheapest route looks like:
$140 semi trigger pack.
$55 picto lower housing you posted
$16 selector lever.

You would need to have to pay someone $50 + s&h to clip and pin or do it yourself. Then, fill the picto lower with paint. Both things are fairly easy to do yourself.

We used to have a nice tutorial on clipping and pinning until FPB ruined it. 

The painting is super easy. Smear it on, wipe off the excess.

ETA: I am quoting a SEF trigger pack. It will fit but the selector won't line up with the markings on the picto lower.
View Quote
So a semi SEF pack will work but won't "look right"?
Ya, I tried to read the sticky but no pics. I saw HKparts' write up and price quote.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Correct. I've never tried using an SEF trigger pack in a Picto housing but from what I understand the selector does not line up properly.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So a semi SEF pack will work but won't "look right"?
Ya, I tried to read the sticky but no pics. I saw HKparts' write up and price quote.
View Quote
A semi S-E-F pack (small axle selector) will not work at all in an ambi housing.......

You must have an ambi pack......you can either convert a FA ambi pack to semi, or use a 0-1 Ambi pack (used to be called an FBI pack) in any ambi housing.....

With a 0-1 ("fbi") pack in a 2, 3, or 4 position ambi housing, you get semi auto fire in all positions but safe.....

The FBI 0-1 pack requires no modification to be used in an Clipped/pinned ambi housing, and a receiver with a shelf......

FBI 0-1 pack:

And here is a picture of what you need.....a C/P ambi housing, and 0-1 FBI pack

Gopherboys link above (9:56am) is about the best price , and easiest way you are going to end up with a semi only, ambi, pictogram lower on your gun.......there is no inexpensive alternative.....
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Curiosity got the best of me... so I had to put my SEF pack in my FBI housing.... Felt so wrong, and looks so wrong. Please don't!

ETA: There's no indent for the selector to stop in, so it just rotates freely. Have to "guess" where Safe and Fire are. I SUPPOSE you could mark/scratch/paint custom spots for where the Safety would engage, but... yeah. All this to save a few $$$ would be just dumb.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

A semi S-E-F pack (small axle selector) will not work at all in an ambi housing.......

You must have an ambi pack......you can either convert a FA ambi pack to semi, or use a 0-1 Ambi pack (used to be called an FBI pack) in any ambi housing.....

With a 0-1 ("fbi") pack in a 2, 3, or 4 position ambi housing, you get semi auto fire in all positions but safe.....

The FBI 0-1 pack requires no modification to be used in an Clipped/pinned ambi housing, and a receiver with a shelf......

FBI 0-1 pack:
https://www.gatewoodsupplyco.com/assets/images/20150812_133021.jpg

And here is a picture of what you need.....a C/P ambi housing, and 0-1 FBI pack
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachments/hk-parts-accessories-sale/40342d1457120114-mp5-fbi-german-ambi-trigger-group-like-new-img_8074.jpg

Gopherboys link above (9:56am) is about the best price , and easiest way you are going to end up with a semi only, ambi, pictogram lower on your gun.......there is no inexpensive alternative.....
View Quote
Well then I'll save for the $389
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Curiosity got the best of me... so I had to put my SEF pack in my FBI housing.... Felt so wrong, and looks so wrong. Please don't!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259653/erwlqj7g-352841.jpg  https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/259653/5yzdadwg-352839.jpg
View Quote
Lol ok
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well then I'll save for the $389
Thanks
View Quote
My math, you're at $1900 by the time you add the reciever, A2 stock, $400 for the Ambi pack from HKParts. So for just a hair under $2k, before mags, optics, suppressors, etc... thats a pretty good setup.

Here's an A2 Navy to see what you'll end up with:

Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My math, you're at $1900 by the time you add the reciever, A2 stock, $400 for the Ambi pack from HKParts. So for just a hair under $2k, before mags, optics, suppressors, etc... thats a pretty good setup.

Here's an A2 Navy to see what you'll end up with:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hkusa/20160801145247/1-MP5A2-NT-RIGHT-JULY-2016.jpg
View Quote
Ya, I'm excited. I have two cans to use, the SG-2 and the Tirant 9 but @mageever thinks I need a Wolf SD
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm sorry. I was mistaken. 

There were US made picto housings around with detents and stops so that you could utilize the SEF pack. 

Ambi selector levers were made for SEF trigger packs were also made. They would cover the gap on the right side.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 3:29:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ya, I'm excited. I have two cans to use, the SG-2 and the Tirant 9 but @mageever thinks I need a Wolf SD
View Quote
I just get the sense you need more fun in your life.  And I can only think of about one other thing that's more fun than an MP5 with a Wolf-9SD.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I just get the sense you need more fun in your life.  And I can only think of about one other thing that's more fun than an MP5 with a Wolf-9SD.  
View Quote
haha
Thanks
I've been busting my knuckles installing flooring and drywall
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Bit the bullet on the 4 pos pictogram trigger group
$404 shipped

Should be here next week
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bit the bullet on the 4 pos pictogram trigger group
$404 shipped

Should be here next week
View Quote
Here's the one on my MP5 SD clone.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe when my kids move out...
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before or after you're done paying for college?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Before or after you're done paying for college?
View Quote
My oldest said she wants to be a pediatrician. I told her she better get some scholarships because her 529 is a little inadequate these days.

At least with their $15 shipping, they ship quickly.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My oldest said she wants to be a pediatrician. I told her she better get some scholarships because her 529 is a little inadequate these days.

At least with their $15 shipping, they ship quickly.
View Quote
HKParts has given me the fastest, most accurate service out of all of them. The "other vendors" have screwed up orders, slow shipping... One vendor sent me a single bolt roller, instead of a mag catch. Called them. Told to email somebody else. Emailed that person. Was told "I will personally handle this" They sent me the wrong magazine catch (HK91/G3 instead of HK33/93- they aren't compatible ) and a return label for the bolt roller. So finally, after 10 days, and still no Hk33/93 magazine catch, I said fuck it and paid more $$$ @ HKParts. Less than 48 hours later, I had my HK33/93 magazine catch, and a spare (not to mention expensive) HK91 catch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top