Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2024 6:26:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jakku]
Hey all!

So I just got into the mR556 game and I'm slowly learning how everything works. Please be patient with me. So my main question is can I run just any piston BCG in my MR556? I ask because I want to run something other than the HK MR556 BCG due to the firing pin safety lever not allowing me to use my Geissle SSA-X trigger. I swap different uppers around on my lowers depending on what I am doing and what the same trigger in all my lowers, that is more import to me than running an HK branded MR556 BCG.

One option I am thinking about doing is running the brownells BRN-4 BCG. Will this work for what I am intending and is there any other options you all recommend? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 8:25:10 AM EDT
[#1]
No. Generally piston bcg's are non-compatible.

You can either remove the firing pin safety(i have done this a few times for myself and others) or purchase a dedicated HK geissele trigger, which, when you can find them, go for about $500 each.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 10:31:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#2]
I think the BRN-4 bolt groups don't utilize the HK-style firing pin safety.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/rifle-parts/rifle-bolts-bolt-carrier-groups/brn-4-416mr556-complete-bolt-carrier-group/

ETA - Derp, you directly mentioned that.    I'd just get the BRN-4 BCG and leave the OEM BCG as-is.  Switch the bolt over if you'd like to keep a little of the Teutonic magic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top