Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2023 12:36:31 PM EDT
I have a buddy that just got his approved form 1 back for a glock 19. He is going to be putting it in a B&T chassis. He ended up buying the chassis from B&T but while he was looking for the chassis he came across a couple of vendors that advertised that they would engrave the chassis with your maker info before shipping it to you. B&T doesn’t offer that service so he’s thinking about the following options for engraving location:

1.  The barrel
2.  The B&T chassis
3.  Somewhere on the frame

I told him that my understanding was that the engraving needed to be readily conspicuous and since the barrel would be covered by the slide I didn’t know if it would be kosher. He mentioned that the barrel hood would be.

I honestly don’t know what my thoughts on engraving the chassis are.  If he decided to take the Glock out of the chassis then the actual SBR would no longer be engraved.

If it were me putting it together, I’d have it engraved under the trigger guard. This seems like the spot that most people go with.  

He mentioned that he may in the future want to swap to a different slide so I think that’s out for him.

Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I’m forwarding the link to this thread to him. He’s a member here but rarely posts.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
It needs to be on the Glock frame.  There used to be more options but the law was changed about a year ago and now the only option is the firearm frame/receiver.

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_Man:
It needs to be on the Glock frame.  There used to be more options but the law was changed about a year ago and now the only option is the firearm frame/receiver.

View Quote

This
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top