Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2024 9:48:37 PM EDT
Has anyone tried the MI lever action rail kit that comes with front and rear sights? They kind of remind me of the CZ Scorpion sights. You can get a short rail or a T1 specific mount.

Really wondering if that front sight post is proprietary or can be replaced with an AR or AK front post or something. Would love to pair it with a receiver mounted rear sight if I could get a fiber optic post.

I need a significantly taller front sight for my Henry X in .357. Single screw, not finding much out there. If I could find a screw on base for dovetail blades I’d be set. Also not sure what the barrel diameter is, I suspect it matters.

Anybody?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:27:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Neither works. The Skinner is too short and the RPP rear says in the description that Henrys may need a taller front sight. Plus I have a rear sight built into a Hoptic USA optic mount, which I'm trying to keep.

Believe me, I've checked with the usual suspects. Marbles blew me off, Williams may have something that works but it's a $70 crapshoot, HiViz makes nothing close and the one sight XS makes that MIGHT work is sold out, and not fiber optic capable (basically a plastic Skinner sight). Thus...The MI option. Just hoping to hear from a customer while I wait to hear from their CS. Haven't had much luck in that area lately, hopefully they come through.

Thanks though. Skinner has some cool offerings and normally I'd be right there.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Pastry_Slayer:
Has anyone tried the MI lever action rail kit that comes with front and rear sights?
View Quote
A buddy got those when they first came out.  I like the peep sights on it.  
Unsure whether the front post is proprietary or not, but it is adjustable.  

There's screw-on front sight ramps from many manufacturers, what's the problem with them?
Some have the front blade integrated and some have a dovetail to let you put any blade you want on them.  

I've used screw-on front sights that didn't have the proper barrel diameter on them, as long as the sights have a smaller diameter than the barrel (ie. the outside edges of the sight touch the barrel and not the middle of the sight) they always worked for me.  
Maybe not as durable as properly fitted sights, but they worked.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the same idea, looks like they're proprietary.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/Henry-sights/176-302456/
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 1:17:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Figures. I'm going to try a Williams base and dovetail sight combo when I get back home (traveling atm). hopefully something works. I can't be the only one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:12:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pastry_Slayer] [#6]
Midwest CS got back to me and will sell me just the front sight for $39. I’ll roll the dice on it.

ETA: Worked great. I had to spin the front sight post down a bit but it was well within the adjustment range. I now have essentially a lower 1/3 co-witness with my red dot in a Hoptic DOM mount.

It looks a little odd. Sits tall and the finish doesn't match the barrel. But it's worth it to me to have the irons work. I may measure it if I can find some calipers and see if I can dope out a Williams setup later. Or find a fiber optic front post I could modify for this one. It looks very vaguely like an AK or SKS front sight post. Maybe one could be re-threaded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top