Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2022 8:56:43 PM EDT
I've been looking for a HK 91 Alpine Green wide handguard for 20+ years and may have found one.  I know they were made but they are IMPOSSIBLE to find.

Pics aren't great but there are HK green, black and OD for comparison.  3rd down above the black handguard and HK 1981 date code marked.  2nd pic has a dollar bill for comparison.  Check the dark green ink in the bill for comparison.  There is no brown in the handguard that I can see.

For anyone that has AG furniture, does this look like a match?  Is my search over???

Thanks

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe so, but..

@osprey21

For his educated opinion.

Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks to be it,  any wide handguard is hard to find.  I simply added a pic rail and HK foregrip to the standard slimline forend ala german Army DMRs in AFG.  That slimline handguard gets hot after a couple of mags rapid fire.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks OD to me. Like shown above Alpine Green is VERY green like fresh pin needles. I had the narrow handguard and stock in alpine green with a OD pistol grip on a PTR 91 which I regretfully sold years ago.

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!  I'm in my 60s so I expect I've aged out on this quest!

Thought just maybe...
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 11:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting thread.
Is there any evidence that wide AG handguards were ever produced?

Who was the intended market for the slim AG furniture?
Was it complete with AG pistol grips?
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]
The true Alpine Green color always reminded me of the little plastic toy army soldiers.  That was how I would describe the color to others.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks OD to me. Like shown above Alpine Green is VERY green like fresh pin needles. I had the narrow handguard and stock in alpine green with a OD pistol grip on a PTR 91 which I regretfully sold years ago.
https://i.imgur.com/yYJwrfc.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/yYJwrfc.jpg

My BW G3 clone is very similar to that. I wish I could find an AG grip  module, but I have never seen one, just the black or OD.
The color is a little off in this pic but it looks consistent with yours.

Quoted:
The true Alpine Green color always reminded me of the little plastic toy army soldiers.  That was how I would describe the color to others.

That's a very fitting description of the color.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#9]
That wide handguard is OD. Are you certain wide AG handguards were ever made?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The wide is OD.  20ish years ago I collected roller lock HKs, and had a lot of Handguards.  The slim AG wasn’t common but could be found. The OD wide was hard to source but not impossible.  I had multiples of each at the same time.  The OD varied between units but never “primary green color-way’d” like the AG slim and PGs.

I do remember some sort of imported rifle or maybe manufactured elsewhere and assembled here G3 that looked like it had an AG wide but it could of been lighting.  A local had a couple of these rifles but I wouldn’t even touch one because there was some confusion about legality.  SGN listed them.  Don’t remember seeing them listed anywhere else.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:53:46 AM EDT
[#11]
What about this skinny HG?

Comparison to an OD HG:

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#12]
FMP! That was those questionable imported G3s with AG furniture.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Internet pics for research purposes only:

I remember seeing the AG furniture on a lot of these imports.  I don't specifically remember the AG wide forearm, but it may be an avenue worth investigating.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I think this image tells the full (sad) story ...

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#15]
BTW: I always thought the "plastic army man green" furniture was called "Tropical" (tropisches grün) not "Alpine".  Maybe TG is their OD and AG was the official term for the primary / crayola green.

I'm out of knowledge to share and done soaking up bandwidth while monopolizing your thread
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 2:18:36 PM EDT
[#16]
The green furniture set I have looks like the OPs pictures including the wide handguard but the color is more consistent from stock, grip & handguards.  If anyone is still looking for one these stock sets, message me.  I'll be offering it up for sale soon.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The green furniture set I have looks like the OPs pictures including the wide handguard but the color is more consistent from stock, grip & handguards.  If anyone is still looking for one these stock sets, message me.  I'll be offering it up for sale soon.
View Quote

@Forever-A-Soldier

If you have a toy soldier green wide forearm then post a picture, because most of us believe they only made it in tropic green (OD).  I'm not questioning you.  I just want to see it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#18]
@GaryT1776  No mine is an O.D. to green color, not the "bright green" or what I assume you mean by toy soldier color.

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#19]
That's what I meant.  I was hoping you had one of the "bright" or "alpine" green wide forearms.  They've been hinted about but never seen (apparently).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top