Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2024 7:12:49 PM EDT
I am using a Ravyn Group bridge with a PVS14 and an Armasight 640. So far both over my eyes plays well but I need to get the thermal just a little bit further back to get the images to fuse perfectly. The PVS14 is “bottomed out” on my eye, is there a mini rail extension out there or adaptor to do this? Or for the PVS14?  Google has failed me on this one, any suggestions are appreciated.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean something like this?

I'm not sure they exist, but at least if this is what you mean, it's a reference starter.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cj7hawk:
Do you mean something like this?

https://aunv.blackice.com.au/userfiles/david-IMG_20240824_093119_Small.jpg

I'm not sure they exist, but at least if this is what you mean, it's a reference starter.
View Quote

Just for the thermal side. It attaches with a mini rail and is a fixed mount to the bridge arm. I need it mounted farther back for my eye, so I am looking for an adaptor that lets me move it back.
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe these pics will help. Just a short section of rail to mount on the bridge and then mount the thermal to the rail that extends it back.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 10:38:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cj7hawk] [#4]
Those rails are usually held in with 2 screw... So should be possible to extend it?

An adapter would be challenging there due to the geometry. But a local machine shop should be able to make up a new rail relatively cheaply and would be able to move the notch along to make them optical positions match. (or print a new one ).

What does the rail look like from the top when not mounted?

Or you could go dual-NOD with a clipon :)
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 10:03:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Those rails are usually held in with 2 screw... So should be possible to extend it?

An adapter would be challenging there due to the geometry. But a local machine shop should be able to make up a new rail relatively cheaply and would be able to move the notch along to make them optical positions match. (or print a new one ).

What does the rail look like from the top when not mounted?

Or you could go dual-NOD with a clipon :)
View Quote

I’m not looking to replace the piece on the thermal, just put a a section on the mount that’s longer then attach the thermal to that. Maybe an inch or two long piece of mini rail.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never seen a rail extender like that - it's doable though, someone can probably make you one cheaply enough to try on a 3D printer, but check things like your optical centers first - if you're going to go to that much trouble, you might as well improve any other alignment issues you're currently having.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]

I've never seen a rail extender like that - it's doable though, someone can probably make you one cheaply enough to try on a 3D printer, but check things like your optical centers first - if you're going to go to that much trouble, you might as well improve any other alignment issues you're currently having.
View Quote

Good point, thanks for that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Where can I get one of these mini rails? I always called them mum rails but maybe those are different.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 5:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By xjronx:
Where can I get one of these mini rails? I always called them mum rails but maybe those are different.
View Quote

eBay I believe has them. Search mum rail
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#10]
There are 3 set screws on the Rayvn mini rail mount.  have you tried moving the thermal back and tightening it with it not 100% centered?

I did something similar on my StringIR until I found a adapter that put it where I wanted it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2024 10:41:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Balloo:
There are 3 set screws on the Rayvn mini rail mount.  have you tried moving the thermal back and tightening it with it not 100% centered?

I did something similar on my StringIR until I found a adapter that put it where I wanted it.

View Quote

Yes, that’s what I did eventually. The instructions said to center the rail in the mount but I maxed it out to the rear and it seems to work better. The thermal kind of bottoms out on my nose at the image merge point even with moving the screen margins. I’d really like to pano it out a bit and it would be perfect. Someone posted a hack for that in another thread which works but is not ideal IMHO. Hopefully Ravyn makes a pano option to retro fit. I do appreciate the help being new to a bridge.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top