Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2024 2:25:01 PM EDT
Anybody have one of these newer Remington 700 Mapul guns in 300 Winchester Mag.
Wanting to know if they are any good. I have an older one I bought in 1999 700 LTR in 308
I like the gun. Would like to get in a 300 Win Mag.

https://www.remarms.com/rifles/bolt-action/model-700/model-700-magpul-enhanced
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 2:40:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cone256] [#1]
Don't buy a Remington.  Buy a custom action that takes pre-fit barrels and slap on your favorite chassis

ETA: the reason is quality control has been missing from Remington for 20 years.  No reason to chance it when way better options are available
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cone256:
Don't buy a Remington.  Buy a custom action that takes pre-fit barrels and slap on your favorite chassis

ETA: the reason is quality control has been missing from Remington for 20 years.  No reason to chance it when way better options are available
View Quote

That Remington was a different company. This Remington is a completely new company. I'll give them time.

I have a Rem700 .300win (early 90's one) in a Magpul Hunter stock. Shoots great. The OEM synthetic stock was too light and made recoil annoying. The Magpul stock is a bit heavier and lightened up the recoil quite a bit. Plus now I can use AICS mags. Old stock had a Kwik Klip conversion. I bought it for the area we used to hunt. I sat on a ridge overlooking 600 yds of harvested corn field. My old enfield wouldnt be the right rifle. Now its been converted to a bench gun.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Rob940:

That Remington was a different company. This Remington is a completely new company. I'll give them time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rob940:
Originally Posted By cone256:

Not worth the gamble in my opinion
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 12:56:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tangeant] [#4]
I have some of the later Rem 700 with no issues.

Not a huge fan of Magpul 700 hunter stock but with enhanced you do get a extended tactical bolt handle which is nice vs. LR or SPS/tact 300WM models.

The Bergara B14 HMR or Wilderness in 300wm is another good option and they are cheaper and shoot really good; have all the enhanced features in better stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top