Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2022 12:12:46 AM EDT
Me and a buddy are both getting pvs14s this week.

I’m a AR guy. He is a AK guy.

Over on the AK files their doesn’t seem to be any in depth discussion of NV or it’s use with a AK.

Was wondering if any here would share pics of the setups they are running on a AK.

Mainly laser / red dot.

In the AR world the new hotness seems to be a red dot mounted on a 2.2” riser.

With a AK having a already high sight plain is a riser needed? Or maybe a smaller one to give it that extra clearance for NV devices?

Thoughts…
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:33:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Something like these will be your best bet. Im currently building out my Krinkov to be similar to the Krinks pictured. K-USA showcased the bottom AK at shot show this year to show what they could for an AK NV set up with Greenline Tactical. The rail system they used is the Sureshot AK chassis system. Zenitco will also be very good but due to our government, sanctions, and US customs Zenitco products are basically done for unfortunately but if available they make great ak furniture. Im sure there's some US companies that make Good AK handguards that hold zero but i know Zenitco and Sureshot for sure do.

*none of the pictures are mine*

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:43:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out Bandito_Bill on instagram he's got a bunch of examples of what you're talking about. But yes, since the AK has the stock lower than the rail it means a conservative optic riser is comfortable with the NV, like something that would give you absolute co-witness or lower 1/3 would be fine.

Also check out Perst lasers, they're juiced up with higher output than the American ones we can get and they're Russian so it doesn't feel wrong putting it on an AK rather than an AR lol. If you're only shooting within 100 yards you're probably fine with just the laser but you'll be surprised how nice an illuminator is to have going further than that. An IR flashlight doesn't hold a candle to a good laser illuminator.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:15:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Something like these will be your best bet. Im currently building out my Krinkov to be similar to the Krinks pictured. K-USA showcased the bottom AK at shot show this year to show what they could for an AK NV set up with Greenline Tactical. The rail system they used is the Sureshot AK chassis system. Zenitco will also be very good but due to our government, sanctions, and US customs Zenitco products are basically done for unfortunately but if available they make great ak furniture. Im sure there's some US companies that make Good AK handguards that hold zero but i know Zenitco and Sureshot for sure do.

*none of the pictures are mine*

https://i.redd.it/prsl0p5pzw571.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/gjv6x9m52ua71.jpg?auto=webp&s=81949d4efdb5ceb893f9918824895b4081d2603a

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EtuJM0QWQAIG6DZ?format=jpg&name=large

https://scontent.fluk1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/272835655_3101566303395708_2587533168633318922_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=fcPMJWbprVoAX-99qJA&_nc_ht=scontent.fluk1-1.fna&oh=00_AT_J-e-8Zc4hwTVP_VQBTghIsPvYRWW6Kx46G6T7cm7uuw&oe=6204FB42
View Quote

Thanks for the photos and info. Will pass it along to him.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:16:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Check out Bandito_Bill on instagram he's got a bunch of examples of what you're talking about. But yes, since the AK has the stock lower than the rail it means a conservative optic riser is comfortable with the NV, like something that would give you absolute co-witness or lower 1/3 would be fine.

Also check out Perst lasers, they're juiced up with higher output than the American ones we can get and they're Russian so it doesn't feel wrong putting it on an AK rather than an AR lol. If you're only shooting within 100 yards you're probably fine with just the laser but you'll be surprised how nice an illuminator is to have going further than that. An IR flashlight doesn't hold a candle to a good laser illuminator.
View Quote

He is going with a laser first I think.
I’m sure he will go down the rabbit hole like I have and slowly round out everything. Sight/ illuminator and laser.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:12:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He is going with a laser first I think.
I’m sure he will go down the rabbit hole like I have and slowly round out everything. Sight/ illuminator and laser.
View Quote

Zenitco makes good lasers with the Perst series. The main ones you would want are the Perst 4 ( IR/vis laser only) or Perst 3 (IR/vis laser + IR illuminator) they would look "correct" on a AK. If you wanted to add a flash light Zenitco makes the Klesch 2 which is both White/IR light and can be used with one of their combined switches to run both Light and Laser.

Perst 2 is also an option, its the russian version of the Dbal a4 basically.

* The biggest down fall of Zenitco lights and lasers is the fact they use their own style plug so nothing standard works for them unless modified.*
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 3:58:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Calling @Tex-Zen
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Calling @Tex-Zen
View Quote

2nded
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top