Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 4/4/2024 8:38:43 AM EDT
So i had a knife center video come across youtube. I have heard of mora for years but didn't know about the price point. So for $16 i had to try one. Bought the stainless companion. Wow this seems like a steal for the money! Now i am eying a carbon and the black model to have around for different uses.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the future, old man.

Just kidding, they've been a great value for years. Wait until sales where they dip around $8-$10...then its time to stock up!
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GrizzlyAdams:

Just kidding, they've been a great value for years. Wait until sales where they dip around $8-$10...then its time to stock up!
View Quote

Yep. Pretty regularly ~$10 on Amazon. Great value.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:19:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR_Dale] [#3]
FPNI
I have several, I think some were only $6 on sale.
Here is the SS one I have, now $14

Amazon Product
  • Fixed blade utility knife with stainless steel blade
  • Blade Thickness: 0.08 in (0.2 cm), Blade Length: 3.6 in (9.1 cm), Total Length: 8.25 in (20.9 cm), Net Weight: 4.0 oz (115 g)
  • Ergonomic handle of TPE rubber provides optimum grip

ETA:  High Carbon Steel for $11.50
I learned to force patina after buying some of these.

Amazon Product
  • CRAFTSMAN'S KNIFE: Designed for craftsmen, this versatile knife with sheath is an excellent choice when you need a solid tool close at hand

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Carbon Black and Garberg.

The Carbon Black has the most comfortable handle
and is a solid winner because of that.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got Moras stashed literally everywhere. Bags, vehicles, toolboxes, everywhere. I love knowing that I can go caveman on something without expensive consequences.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Gonna have to watch for those sales! Plan on having them stashed in a couple places...
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Mora! mora! mora!

They're awesome. I have, I don't know, 10? 15? Somewhere in there. I use them all the time

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Moras are great. I have a bunch of them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]
There's a place in this world for a decent knife that you won't cry over too much when you lose it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Advance:
I've got Moras stashed literally everywhere. Bags, vehicles, toolboxes, everywhere. I love knowing that I can go caveman on something without expensive consequences.
View Quote

Same, I have a bunch, but the Cold Steel Roach Belly is a better knife.  I have used both at friend/family houses to help do prep work because they had no sharp knives or the ability to sharpen them. The Roach Belly has a better shape and better blade profile for me.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Mora = good

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a problem

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:28:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Heavy-Set] [#14]
I don't see buying a bunch as a problem. A guy can throw one in every tackle/ tool box/ bag or nook and cranny in the car or home he has for a few hundred bucks. The problem comes when you discover custom Kydex sheaths that allow carry in so many different ways. That gets hard on the wallet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I have given many away as gifts.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a couple I use for field dressing deer.

If one starts to get dull I switch them out.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Looked back at my Amazon orders and purchased 3 when they were $7 in December of 2019. I checked Camel Camel and they haven’t been that cheap since then. Regular, every day Amazon price looks to be +/- $10. They are still worth it at that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Banditman:
I have a problem

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126641/2746280_jpg-3178145.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I have a problem

Both of you have the problem that all your knives are together, rather than strategically stashed all over the place

Scandi grinds have been my default knife since forever. Mora is good, as is Hultafors, for this stuff. Cold Steel has a couple of models competitively priced as well. I think the secret to those knives isn't actually the blade, but the grips, which allow control and inspire confidence no matter what they're coated with (within reason of course).

The only thing I can fault Mora on is some of their knives are too thick (like their Companion HD) to be practical for all things they're normally good for - it's basically a sideways razor-sharp chisel at that point, or a planer.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I have 15-20 of the cheap ones stashed around plus the 2000 and the Kansbol.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

Both of you have the problem that all your knives are together, rather than strategically stashed all over the place

Scandi grinds have been my default knife since forever. Mora is good, as is Hultafors, for this stuff. Cold Steel has a couple of models competitively priced as well. I think the secret to those knives isn't actually the blade, but the grips, which allow control and inspire confidence no matter what they're coated with (within reason of course).

The only thing I can fault Mora on is some of their knives are too thick (like their Companion HD) to be practical for all things they're normally good for - it's basically a sideways razor-sharp chisel at that point, or a planer.
View All Quotes
I have a problem

There are more a knives all around besides what is in that box
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:38:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: homeyclaus] [#22]

View All Quotes
I have a problem

Ah, you failed to mention/I failed to realize it's your spares box.

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#23]
One lives on my lunch cooler.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#24]
There's one in my truck door, there's another in the back, there's one in each of several bags, one in my kayak deck bag, one in the tool chest, etc.    Like most folks I've got much more expensive knives (which isn't really saying anything as inexpensive as they can be) but I've found them to work for most of my needs while being light weight; I also don't mind buying them in orange so they're harder to lose or giving them away when someone ask about them.  

One thing I'll say that I haven't seen mentioned is check the spine, they rarely seem to have a good 90 degree edge on them so in addition to adding jimping, I use a flat file to make sure I have a good edge for striking a ferro rod.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#25]
@whiskersthecat
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SlimBlundt:
@whiskersthecat
View Quote

How in the world did OP not know about Mora?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#27]
I've got a couple.  One in the truck and one in the UTV.

Need a dozen more, but will wait for a sale.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#28]
They're great for kids too!
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Link Posted: Yesterday 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GrizzlyAdams:

View Quote

This, I have one at the desk and in the garage for slicing and opening packages.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top