Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2024 1:01:19 PM EDT
Is anybody else running this setup? I am looking for tips on a mount which has no occlusions. I am currently running the Spuhr T2 mount/mag setup and with my NGAL on the surfboard, the bottom right corner of the illuminator is blocked. Designator and vis are fine. I suspect my RAID XE will be an even bigger challenge given the location of the lasers.

So what are my options? I would rather not run the Hydra, but perhaps it is my only option.

• T2 with a Skiff? I suspect this is the same height as the Spuhr, so maybe not a good option.
    ID OMM with a midboard?

• Item 2

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm using a Raid Xe, Modlite fullsize, and SYNC. No GRBS products in my kit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:08:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WVUSIG] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I have one of my NGALs mounted like this with a SF Vampire and Unity Axon Sync. Actually very similar, except my RAID XE is FDE and I'm running a SF Vampire. I really like the FCD mlok cable management system; it works great. Your setup looks really good.

That said, I have longer arms and I am more comfortable with a longer hold on the handrail. So I would like to mount the NGAL/RAID XE back and have my Unity Axon at the front of the handrail. For reference, this will be on a 11.5" handrail and a 10.5" handrail.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 12:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#3]
Attachment Attached File

White light controls on the top rail, IR controls on the angle.

Keeps my hand clear of the NGAL and puts the controls in two distinctly different locations.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6045/IMG_1707_jpeg-3313045.JPG

White light controls on the top rail, IR controls on the angle.

Keeps my hand clear of the NGAL and puts the controls in two distinctly different locations.
View Quote

Thanks, do you have any occlusions at all? I suppose I could move the Unity Axon Sync back a bit, but I would prefer to keep it at the front of my rail if possible.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

Thanks, do you have any occlusions at all? I suppose I could move the Unity Axon Sync back a bit, but I would prefer to keep it at the front of my rail if possible.
View Quote

With the way I have it set, nothing noticeable.  I suppose if I put the flood cap on, it may, but I've literally never done that.

Can't be any worse than dudes running it on the rail with a big suppressor hanging off the front.  I have more distance from stuff with my setup as is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top