Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2024 9:45:20 PM EDT
For those who converted to this - are you pleased with the results?
Debating on converting my old Belgium 17.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot several 3 gun matches with my 17, never had a problem with the charging handle on the left side.

A non-issue with me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't convert a Belgian, simply for collectors sake.

Buy a new one if you want a non-recip.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I had an NRCH, and an RCH.  The NRCH was nice but for me just adding a VFG up front as a grip point negated the issue of the RCH.  I agree with others - keep the Belgian as is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:43:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CJSCARH] [#4]
RCH non issue for me, i just run it on the right side. OG Belgian

Thinking about picking up a NRCH kit in the future or possibly another SCAR with how expensive it is to convert.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have SCARS in both NRCH and RCH.  There are good and bad with both.  A vertical grip fore grip fixes most problems with the RCH.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I never understood why this was a hill to die on for some folks.  The RCH is a mechanically simpler design, and works great.  The only time I've ever smacked my hand on it was when I was prone and lazy in how I was holding the gun.  

Keep the Belgian with it's original RCH.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alpha-17:
I never understood why this was a hill to die on for some folks.  The RCH is a mechanically simpler design, and works great.  The only time I've ever smacked my hand on it was when I was prone and lazy in how I was holding the gun.  

View Quote

Serious high speed low drag guys often shoot from crazy positions like laying on their side.  In that example the charging handle can hang on something.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Orion10182011:

Serious high speed low drag guys often shoot from crazy positions like laying on their side.  In that example the charging handle can hang on something.
View Quote

I've done that before too, as well as firing when braced against barricades or cover.  Again, was never a problem.  Never heard of it being a problem for Garands or AKs either.  To me, it always came across as a "it's different than an AR/M4, so it is therefore wrong" argument.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Serious guys make do.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dalyman72:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dalyman72:

This.

Originally Posted By Alpha-17:

And this.

OP buy another scar if you want NRCH.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

And yet all of the SCAR-H in US mil inventory have a reciprocating charging handle. So who are these serious high speed low drag guys?
Top Top