Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2024 10:33:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thederrick106]
Just like the title says.  I stumbled into an old Winchester 72A that is missing the bolt assembly.

I don't want to dump much money into it but would clean it up and turn it into a working rifle if I could.

Through a bit of research, I have found its the tube fed version of the 69A.  The bolts are close but not the same.  Even if I could find a 69A bolt for less than $100 I would see if I could make it work but I don't want to spend $200+ to try.

If I could find a 72A stripped bolt, then I could use the 69A parts to rebuild it.

I would rather just find a complete bolt for it but no luck so far.

Might just end up being a never functioning rifle at this point but figured I would try a post here after reading every thread I could find on this rifle on the webs.

I sent an email to outbackgunparts to see if they had one and am waiting for a reply.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Took a bit but I finally found one for a price I was willing to pay.  Ebay.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top