Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2018 1:05:49 PM EDT
CZ is releasing a micro version of the Evo 3.   It comes with an HB handguard and new retractible brace!   I am going to buy one as soon as they are released.   Retail is around $1100 and CZ says will be released in the summer.

They are also releasing their other models in two new colors.   Battleship Grey and OD Green.    You will also be able to get the SB Tactical side folding stock for the EVO from the factory installed.

Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Tailhook adapter will make this thing a dream.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I totally agree.  Hopefully Gearhead Works can make an adapter to bolt onto the sliding part of the brace.  But even if they don't, that is a super tiny brace and not bulky at all.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tailhook adapter will make this thing a dream.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
How is this worth $350 more than the Evo S1?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Stock/brace assembly is around $200.

Handguard $75

k barrel or have your own cut $50-200

Muzzle device $??
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:55:48 PM EDT
[#5]
That was the proposed RETAIL price.  Street price will be high at first, but will settle down like all EVO models have in the past.   But still with all the add ons, it is easily worth $350 more to me.  I would have to spend more than that to create that pistol from the current pistol model.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Supply and demand. Unlike the big assembly line of regular scorpions going all over the world, some guy will be off to the side doing these - possibly making them from already built guns, tearing off the old pieces.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm definitely in for one
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I totally agree.  Hopefully Gearhead Works can make an adapter to bolt onto the sliding part of the brace.  But even if they don't, that is a super tiny brace and not bulky at all.
View Quote
SHF is taking pre-orders for their version which can use the tailhook.
Link to pre-order
Here's a video with Hank Strange using it on his scorpion Hank Strange Evo
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, crap, another thousand bucks shot to heck!!!!

Doc
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Are the sights the same as the larger Evo?  If so, which red dots will cowitness?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Trijicon MRO in a Trijicon Low Mount and the factory EVO sights are in the lower 1/3 cowitness range.  Works great for me.   I have this optic on my EVO pistol and my EVO carbine.

Quoted:
Are the sights the same as the larger Evo?  If so, which red dots will cowitness?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#13]
how much smaller is it actually than the larger evo?
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
how much smaller is it actually than the larger evo?
View Quote
This isn't smaller than the original evo. It just has a shorter barrel and retractable brace. I'm assuming you thought the frame would be more like the original vz61 skorpion? That indeeed is much smaller but also was chambered for smaller rounds like .32acp, 9x18 and .380.

What limits the evo from being a micro gun is really the 9mm round and action. With blowback guns, you need a larger enough bolt to stay locked up till after the rounds fired.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Is an EOTECH too high to cowitness the irons?
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is an EOTECH too high to cowitness the irons?
View Quote
Yes.

(Stolen from the image thread)

Link Posted: 1/14/2018 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have a Trijicon MRO in a Trijicon Low Mount and the factory EVO sights are in the lower 1/3 cowitness range.  Works great for me.   I have this optic on my EVO pistol and my EVO carbine.
View Quote
Would you mind posting a pic?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I may buy an HBI handguard in k config for my scorp pistol

https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/hbi-handguards-for-cz-scorpion/

looks identical to cz's offering.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I think that's because it is HBI.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s2-pistol-micro-w-brace/

Shipping Summer 2018.

With a 4” barrel and HB Industries short handguard, this diminutive Scorpion is the result of our development of a smaller, suppressed Scorpion for an undercover drug interdiction unit. With a collapsed length just over 16 inches, this pint-sized pistol features a NoOsprey faux suppressor from the folks over at SilencerCo. Its telescoping SB Tactical arm brace extends for additional stabilization, making this one potent little package.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#20]
On the braced CZ offering, is the brace adjustable in length or is it either collapsed or fully extended?
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#21]
So its a factory k length barrel, an HBI k length handguard and a Maticore arms/SBTactical collapsing brace...

Starting from scratch the package deal is worth it keep in mind thats msrp. They still msrp the standard pistol length evo at $899 and you can find them as low as $600.

All of these items can be purchased separately by current evo owners.

The brace is made by Manticore for SBTactical and is releasing soon.

You can have your barrel cut down to K length or buy a pre made for around $100

And The HBI k-length handguard has been out for 2 years

Only thing else I see is the muzzle device. But there are far better options around and more and more companies are making 1/2x28 threaded 9mm muzzle devices as time goes on, anywhere from $15 steel birdcage style up to $200 titanium high end you can get whatever muzzle device you want
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 8:53:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So its a factory k length barrel, an HBI k length handguard and a Maticore arms/SBTactical collapsing brace...

Starting from scratch the package deal is worth it keep in mind thats msrp. They still msrp the standard pistol length evo at $899 and you can find them as low as $600.

All of these items can be purchased separately by current evo owners.

The brace is made by Manticore for SBTactical and is releasing soon.

You can have your barrel cut down to K length or buy a pre made for around $100

And The HBI k-length handguard has been out for 2 years

Only thing else I see is the muzzle device. But there are far better options around and more and more companies are making 1/2x28 threaded 9mm muzzle devices as time goes on, anywhere from $15 steel birdcage style up to $200 titanium high end you can get whatever muzzle device you want
View Quote
Where are you seeing them for $600?
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#23]
This one isn't mine but has the same MRO mount.

Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Burris FF3 will co-witness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top