Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2024 1:25:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808]
I’ve done quite a few form 4s, but I recently did a tax paid Form 1 for an SBR.
Got it back today but it didn’t have the usual rubber stamped signature, is this something new, or is it just different for Form 1s?

This is what came back, rather generic…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 5:09:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BULLDAWG_556] [#1]
Yep, been doing that for a while now. My last form 4 was signed like that too.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 7:09:06 AM EDT
[#2]
That’s even more generic than my last one. Mine at least says it was digitally signed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I figure they started this because people were analyzing the signatures to determine the name of their examiner, and then emailing them directly with things like asking about other forms in process or requesting batch approvals, etc.  They can't have you bypassing the generic help email that takes months to get a vague reply on.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 4:39:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#4]
Thanks guys, I was sort of taken aback by the generic stamp and was wondering if they’d missed stamping it.
I guess the anonymity of no signature makes sense, but for $200 I should get a gold embossed form 4 with a real persons signature.

Heck, they couldn’t even keep it between the lines.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 2:31:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BULLDAWG_556:
Yep, been doing that for a while now. My form 4 are signed like that too.
View Quote

My last two form 4s were the same
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Thanks guys, I was sort of taken aback by the generic stamp and was wondering if they’d missed stamping it.
I guess the anonymity of no signature makes sense, but for $200 I should get a gold embossed form 4 with a real persons signature.

Heck, they couldn’t even keep it between the lines.
View Quote

Approved is approved; I am fine as long as they keep them coming quick.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By triode:

Approved is approved; I am fine as long as they keep them coming quick.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow you guys get a piece of paper back for your $200? lucky, all I got was email for the last 2.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Yep, I figure they started this because people were analyzing the signatures to determine the name of their examiner, and then emailing them directly with things like asking about other forms in process or requesting batch approvals, etc.  They can't have you bypassing the generic help email that takes months to get a vague reply on.
View Quote

This is exactly why.   The examiners don't like their name and e-mail addresses being published on the internet.   They also probably fear being doxed and having their private information placed on the internet.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By VaFish:

This is exactly why.   The examiners don't like their name and e-mail addresses being published on the internet.   They also probably fear being doxed and having their private information placed on the internet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VaFish:
Originally Posted By D_Man:

Yep, I got a batch approval 2 or 3 years ago(five Form 4's) came back at once. Guys on here went totally unhinged and started cursing the name of the name on my approved applications.

I get the frustrations I really do. As there seems to be no SOP when it comes to queries from oldest to most recent submissions.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Wags:
That’s even more generic than my last one. Mine at least says it was digitally signed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/65589/IMG_0535_jpeg-3262509.JPG
View Quote

Lol I got an eform4 disapproved 3 years ago because I did digital signature rather than printing, signing, scanning and submitting
Yes the aft told me to do that with my old dealer

Fucking .gov
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top