Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2024 7:39:38 PM EDT
Shopping for another rimfire can.  Currently have a 20+ yr old Outback II.  I'd like something quieter, modular, ultra sonic cleaner capable, and lightweight.  This one seems to be the ONLY one on the market that checks all of those boxes.  If not, I'm open to suggestions.  

Otherwise, how do you like your Nyx Mod 2?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#1]
My only complaint is it has a little bit of FRP on pistols so I use it mostly on my rifles.  It’s usually in the short mode too.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:42:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#2]
You might be here because of my recommendation in your GD thread so I’m biased

I used mine exclusively in short mode on a .22wmr ask a rabbit hunting gun

Attachment Attached File

Here it is on a rock 5.7 just for grins

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine. It pretty much disappears on the end of the gun, pistols and rifles. Using a regular wrench for disassembly is a big plus for me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Emt1581:
Shopping for another rimfire can.  Currently have a 20+ yr old Outback II.  I'd like something quieter, modular, ultra sonic cleaner capable, and lightweight.  This one seems to be the ONLY one on the market that checks all of those boxes.  If not, I'm open to suggestions.  

Otherwise, how do you like your Nyx Mod 2?

Thanks!
View Quote

Rex MG22
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Glocked:
I like mine. It pretty much disappears on the end of the gun, pistols and rifles. Using a regular wrench for disassembly is a big plus for me.
View Quote

Easy disassembly and easy cleaning (Ti) should not be overlooked
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By arndog123:
My only complaint is it has a little bit of FRP on pistols so I use it mostly on my rifles.  It’s usually in the short mode too.  

https://i.ibb.co/xqVZDy6/IMG-0675.jpg

Exactly why I went with Mod1.  2 piece modular suppressors seem to be mostly used in short mode. Mod1  is in between wgt and length of short/long configurations, (but closer to long.). Wasn’t worth having an extra connection and module that would likely sit in safe with the extension of my Ghost and a few extra Erecr9r baffles.   I do use all the baffles of a MG22 to clear a hand guard on a 22 upper

Originally Posted By VaFish:

Rex MG22

Not exactly light weight
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Reassembly is pretty awesome too. I’ve other rimfire cans that have up to 3 different types of baffles that all need to be put in certain orders.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:35:19 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

I’ve got the mod 1 and it definitely has FRP on pistols and seems louder than other cans on subsequent shots. It seems slightly quieter than my mask and switchback on rifles, which I find interesting.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I really like that can. It is very quiet on the rifles and pistols I have tried it on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Also, OP, the company is an arf industry partner and posts around here so “support” is solid at this point too. Just other intangibles besides actual product specs
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Also, OP, the company is an arf industry partner and posts around here so “support” is solid at this point too. Just other intangibles besides actual product specs
View Quote

Appreciate the info.  I didn't think FRP would still be a thing 20+ years into the future but I suppose you can't beat physics.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a nyx on the way.
Should be delivered next week.
I also have a AAC halcyon modular.
I never run it in short config.
Maybe someday I will on my tikka t1x but I doubt it.  
So I went with the non modular nxy this time.

I have a tx22 and a p322 as hosts.
And a 8" AR22.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By molar:

I’ve got the mod 1 and it definitely has FRP on pistols and seems louder than other cans on subsequent shots. It seems slightly quieter than my mask and switchback on rifles, which I find interesting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By molar:

Very interesting indeed.  I only use my Mod 1 on rifles too because of FRP.  I’ll have to do a comparison with those cans next time I’m out and see if I get similar results.  Normally I don’t do comparisons on rifles because they all sound great.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#14]
https://youtu.be/PWGaJ1yPsOg

I like mine, if you want a youtube video comparing a couple of .22 cans with cci sv and a g44 the above link is your ticket.

The weight is nice for sure
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#15]
May be environmental, but I get far less FRP using a Nyx Mod 1 on pistols than with others.  I use the Nyx more on pistols for that reason.  The Nyx has a very slightly higher pitch on pistols to my ears but it is very consistent.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I have two Nyx Mod1s. Liked the first enough that I bought a second. Have a friend who did exactly the same.  

I personally don't notice any FRP, but maybe my ears just aren't tuned in enough.
Top Top