Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By jeffco55:

Is that $100 in material or does that $100 include all the overhead that goes into running an international manufacturing corporation?

$100 total. It was from an article about the kidnapping and extortion attempt against Mr Glock.
The reporter was explaining how he became so rich, so fast.
He's currently getting divorced by his wife for allegedly banging a 33yo, he's 83.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Gaston-Glock-s-ex-wife-seeks-US-financial-records-4466499.php
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOT:
Originally Posted By rightwing87:
Rewatching the Beretta video, I don't understand why they didn't make the bottom rail a full picatinny rail.  

They aren't going to be selling the grenade launcher to anyone besides the military and military would get the ARX160 version anyway.

They show a full rail you can attach, but I'd rather save a few ounces and have the rail as close to the barrel as possible.

Looks like Beretta only made a new semi auto trigger pack mold and simply xeroxed a second copy of the FA upper ARX-160 receiver molds.

The purists and collectors will be happy with that.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Bullet_:
Rewatching the Beretta video, I don't understand why they didn't make the bottom rail a full picatinny rail.  

They aren't going to be selling the grenade launcher to anyone besides the military and military would get the ARX160 version anyway.

They show a full rail you can attach, but I'd rather save a few ounces and have the rail as close to the barrel as possible.

Looks like Beretta only made a new semi auto trigger pack mold and simply xeroxed a second copy of the FA upper ARX-160 receiver molds.

The purists and collectors will be happy with that.

I get the purist attitude to a point.  If it was just a bayonet lug or something, no big deal.  

I think it's kinda dumb though that you're stuck with a long section of useless rail space that could be better utilized.  Having to add a separate rail just adds to the bulkiness of the handguard.

Link Posted: 5/4/2013 2:02:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKDREAN] [#3]
***  Anyone knows someone would be able to comfirm that ( because of the shortchange in the length of the gas piston system )

if    1) (US version)   Arx-100    has more RECOILS.....muzzel jump.....etc....... THAN the
     2) ( italy version) Arx-160

Did they shotchange the length of gas piston system  in order for the rifle to adapt for ( use )  300 AAC,,,...at the same time  ???        

Any company ready to make a replacement stock assembly unit ( foldable ) for using Mappul buttstock  ??
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I get the purist attitude to a point.  If it was just a bayonet lug or something, no big deal.  

I think it's kinda dumb though that you're stuck with a long section of useless rail space that could be better utilized.  Having to add a separate rail just adds to the bulkiness of the handguard.

If enough people complain, they will change it and the early rifles will be coveted by the hard core collectors.

Come to think of it, how does the bayonet attach?
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sure most of you have seen it but another video from the NRA show..

Video
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 6:35:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#7]
Originally Posted By BerlinVet:

What???

Do the guys from Pennsylvania and Maryland know something we don't? If you do know something please come out with it already so we don't waste our money on the ARX.

m4hk33 and Garby0331, this is your chance to spill it and save a lot of people their hard earned money. If there is truly something wrong with this rifle we would like to know.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#8]

If enough people complain, they will change it and the early rifles will be coveted by the hard core collectors.

Come to think of it, how does the bayonet attach?

can I put a chainsaw on it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 8:37:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullet_] [#9]
Originally Posted By Gelgoog:

Only if you paint the whole thing Zombie Green and put the  word " X-TREME ! " in 4" red letters on the side.

Originally Posted By tx1021:

Video

He's the first person to point out that the sights are removable.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Gelgoog:

Only if you paint the whole thing Zombie Green and put the  word " X-TREME ! " in 4" red letters on the side.

Originally Posted By tx1021:

Video

He's the first person to point out that the sights are removable.

I wish the .22 LR version barrel removed that easily.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 10:48:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#11]
So from looking at the new ARX-100 and comparing it to the ARX-160 what has changed and why?

(1) Selector lever with a 90 degree throw... Why? To make it more like the AR15? Will we never evolve past 60's era technology? No one likes the 90 degree throw on the Bushmaster ACR.

(2) The stock adjustment mechanism has definitely changed... Why?

(3) The handguard and gas system are shorter by about two or three inches... Why?

(4) The bolt catch is now external of the trigger guard... Why? This might be able to be seen as a good thing.

(5) The barrel now sports an A2 flash suppressor... Why?

(6) It looks like they removed the bayonet lug... Why?

(7) The contour of the barrel just in front of the barrel extension has changed to a smaller non tapered dimension... Why?

(8) No automatic fire mode of course... Why? We all know why, though it is for no excusable reason.

Most of these changes have not been addressed by any of the Beretta reps that I have seen.

Anyone else notice any other changes on the ARX-100?

Edit: I know this post comes off as bitching but that's not what it is. I would just like to know why some things have changed. I'm not really mad one way or the other yet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#12]
That charging handle looks like it'd be tough to find with gloves on
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 12:03:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
So from looking at the new ARX-100 and comparing it to the ARX-160 what has changed and why?

(1) Selector lever with a 90 degree throw... Why? To make it more like the AR15? Will we never evolve past 60's era technology? No one likes the 90 degree throw on the Bushmaster ACR.

(2) The stock adjustment mechanism has definitely changed... Why?

(3) The handguard and gas system are shorter by about two or three inches... Why?

(4) The bolt catch is now external of the trigger guard... Why? This might be able to be seen as a good thing.

(5) The barrel now sports an A2 flash suppressor... Why?

(6) It looks like they removed the bayonet lug... Why?

(7) No automatic fire mode of course... Why? We all know why, though it is for no excusable reason.

Most of these changes have not been addressed by any of the Beretta reps that I have seen.

Pure speculation, but maybe (hopefully) this is to be able to fit ultra short barrels since they seem to be emphasizing the quick barrel change and planned blackout barrels..?

And I don't know why everyone seems so underwhelmed by this gun.  So far it appears to be everything the ACR, which people were absolutely nuts about, was supposed to be and more.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 1:45:50 AM EDT
[#14]
"The handguard and gas system are shorter by about two or three inches"

doubt it, likely the guy who said this did notice he compared the ARX160 w/12inch barrel and an ARX100 w/16 inch barrel

also Beretta at NRA said 60-90 days till it hits the market
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ronin556:

doubt it, likely the guy who said this did notice he compared the ARX160 w/12inch barrel and an ARX100 w/16 inch barrel

also Beretta at NRA said 60-90 days till it hits the market

I'll have the money ready, but the gun mfg standard is to be 2 or more weeks later than promised.

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 2:11:22 AM EDT
[#16]

(1) Selector lever with a 90 degree throw... Why? To make it more like the AR15? Will we never evolve past 60's era technology? No one likes the 90 degree throw on the Bushmaster ACR. They have said multiple times that this model has been adapted to American tastes. We are used to 90 selectors and people will bitch more about things being different than they will small issues that are normal and known. See Windows 8 threads in GD for reference.

(3) The handguard and gas system are shorter by about two or three inches... Why? If it works, why does it matter? The handguards are shorter because it is based of the A3 config, which the soldiers requested a shorter and lighter setup.

(5) The barrel now sports an A2 flash suppressor... Why? They are the cheapest and most plentiful muzzle devices in the world. Most people dont give a shit whats on the end, the remainder already have a specific break/comp/FS and will switch. So spend the extra money on something else?

(6) It looks like they removed the bayonet lug... Why? What was the last new design rifle that has arrived with a bayo lug? Its just not industry standard to put them on rifles, because 99% of people dont care about them in the slightest.

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 10:30:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#17]

Count the vent holes that run from back to front, the ARX-100 has 12 the ARX-160 has 15. The gas block stops at the very front of the handguard on both the ARX-100 and the ARX-160.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#18]

It would be nice to have Limsaver buttpad.....Mappul stocks now have ( coming soon from Limbsaver.com)
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AKDREAN:

It would be nice to have Limsaver buttpad.....Mappul stocks now have ( coming soon from Limbsaver.com)

You said you were moving over to the bullpup platform?

Link Posted: 5/5/2013 9:38:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKDREAN] [#20]

Yes, sold all my AK and AR rifles.
 Only Sig 556 and 556r ( soft shooting ) left to be replaced soon with Sig 556 Bullpup ( I'm dreamng and hoping ), Or New Modern Bullpups.
 Want to keep SEMI-AUTO bullpup rifles only eventually.

Beretta Arx-100  is too special and unique to pass it out...

BULLPUP ( 16" barrel ) IS GREAT AS YOU CAN SHOOT IT WITH ONE HAND.....
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Only Sig 556 and 556r ( soft shooting ) left to be replaced soon with Sig 556 Bullpup ( I'm dreamng and hoping ), Or New Modern Bullpups.
 Want to keep bullpup rifles only eventually.

Link Posted: 5/6/2013 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By The_Hammer:

Want to keep bullpup rifles only eventually.

What this is, I don't even........
Link Posted: 5/6/2013 11:03:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKDREAN] [#23]
  ** Yes,,,,.6.5 grendel or 6.8 spc.....is a must for Arx-100, and for knocking down urban or city ICE/DOPE/COKE 21 CENTURY ZOMBIE..,....**

** I predict 223 will be replaced in the long future when all other non-nato countries are holding more powerful modern calibers .....suck with the top generals **
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By _DR:
Originally Posted By Fury_58:

Originally Posted By Frens:
Review and video of .22lr version.

is the barrel made 100% of steel or has a super lightweight inner barrel with outer polymer/alloy sleeve like the Walther M4 or the GSG5?

Looked all steel.  

I hope so - I plan on putting a can on it so it needs to have a threaded barrel. Never seen a threaded muzzle on a sleeved barrel.

One piece. This isn't a GSG or Umarex airsoft gun shooting .22, it's an actual .22. Held one today. Real nice. Looks like SBRing it will be a challenge though.

If I can get it SBR'd, I'll pick up this over the HK MP5 .22 since this is made like an actual gun. But Beretta said the pistol version won't take the stock which I find hard to believe as it looks like it will

Link Posted: 5/8/2013 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By HardShell:

Originally Posted By SKY-PUP:
I am hoping there will be a sample on hand at the Beretta booth at the NRA show today.

HardShell,

If there is, we would appreciate your sharing with us your first impressions. Thanks!

They were there and I fondled them. On my phone but I will post pics and impressions later.

For now just let me say that I WILL have one, even at $2k.

Finally remembered I had a couple of pics.

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/HardShell/media/RWB%20-%20Rifles/ARX100at2013NRAAM_zps2bb37bf7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20-%20Rifles/ARX100at2013NRAAM_zps2bb37bf7.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/HardShell/media/RWB%20Family/HardShellwARX100_zps31eadc9d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/HardShell/RWB%20Family/HardShellwARX100_zps31eadc9d.jpg</a>

Was there something different about each of the ones on display, or was there that many there just for handling purposes?

Did you test out the selector lever? Did it rub or get in the way of your trigger finger?

Is FDE going to be available?

Reasons for shortening the gas system/handguard?

Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 4:35:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#27]
Originally Posted By CaribouLou45:
Originally Posted By _DR:
Originally Posted By Fury_58:

Originally Posted By Frens:
Review and video of .22lr version.

is the barrel made 100% of steel or has a super lightweight inner barrel with outer polymer/alloy sleeve like the Walther M4 or the GSG5?

Looked all steel.  

I hope so - I plan on putting a can on it so it needs to have a threaded barrel. Never seen a threaded muzzle on a sleeved barrel.

One piece. This isn't a GSG or Umarex airsoft gun shooting .22, it's an actual .22. Held one today. Real nice. Looks like SBRing it will be a challenge though.

If I can get it SBR'd, I'll pick up this over the HK MP5 .22 since this is made like an actual gun. But Beretta said the pistol version won't take the stock which I find hard to believe as it looks like it will

Ok, got mine and defarbed the flash hider. When I saw the roll pin, I had gloomy visions of the OEM flash hider  being pressed on.  But as you can see, it is actually fine.

Standard AR15 threads 12-28 under the lightweight  pot metal flash hider that comes with it, along with a cheesy rubber O-ring which will be replaced with a crush washer and standard M16A1 Flash hider at a later time.

I would actually recommend an M16A1 flash hider over the A2 I put on it for the images that way you don't have to index the solid compensator portion that the A2 has. (Unless you plan on shooting prone in dusty conditions a lot.

Here was the procedure.

I used a 3/32 pin punch and framing hammer to remove the steel roll pin. A roll pin punch would have worked better and maybe saved the pin, but I could not find mine in that size and I have plenty of extra roll pins of all sizes should it ever need to go back on (doubt that). It unscrewed easily, the O-ring was not even really the right size. I don't  know why Umarex went this route, a standard crush washer would have worked much better without the added complexity of the roll pin. Maybe for ban states?

Here is a close up of the threads. Standard 12-28, except for the roll pin notch, which doesn't affect anything.

Here is the beat up A2 flash hider I had on hand on it with a new tighter O-ring. Will put an A1 or other flashhider and crush washer on it later. This will protect the threads in the meantime.
I would not shoot it with just an O-ring on it.

Looking much better and now I know what is underneath. I would see no problems putting a can or any other 12-28 muzzle device on this rifle.

Cleared the house with the Aimpoint PRO on it, works very well with that and bottom rail guards.
This rifle is a bit bulky, but it handles well and is very light. (mandatory toes in pic)
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Was there something different about each of the ones on display, or was there that many there just for handling purposes?

Did you test out the selector lever? Did it rub or get in the way of your trigger finger?

Is FDE going to be available?

Reasons for shortening the gas system/handguard?

Thanks for the pics.

I handled a couple of them but I think they were all the same -- lots of folks at that show.

Selector felt fine to me and didn't seem to be in my way, but I still wish they had stayed with the 45° selector.

I didn't ask about either of these... just if they had an extra one they wouldn't miss so I could take one home right then.  (They did not. )

They did have a 300BLK conversion sitting nearby, but under glass.

Thanks for the info, I really can't wait to see one of these in person.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#30]
When I asked about FDE availability on the Beretta FB Page, they replied "not at this time".
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, I really like that you can get both the 5.56 NATO and the .22LR, but a conversion kit for the 5.56 would be even cooler.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By eodcolret:
When I asked about FDE availability on the Beretta FB Page, they replied "not at this time".

Guess I'll have to Cerakote mine.
Link Posted: 5/8/2013 9:48:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CaribouLou45] [#33]
Any word on the pistol version??? Like I said, I called Beretta and asked about SBR by attaching a stock. They said it won't work but I call B.S. as in the photos it looks like the pistol has the same mechanism.

Photoshop:

The one accuracy report on youtube shows the rifle version being insanely accurate for a semi auto .22. Seems Beretta did an outstanding job on the gun
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 5:08:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#34]
While it's my current favorite must-have rifle, I think they need to: make the grip removable, or else integrate removable front/rear straps into it so it can be personally customizable; integrate QD sling points into the upper (note: I recently read a rumor that this is an option, but haven't found any firm info yet); integrate an adjustable comb cheek piece into the stock.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
While it's my current favorite must-have rifle, I think they need to: make the grip removable, or else integrate removable front/rear straps into it so it can be personally customizable; integrate QD sling points into the upper (note: I recently read a rumor that this is an option, but haven't found any firm info yet); integrate an adjustable comb cheek piece into the stock.

I mentioned those three exact things to a Beretta rep promoting the rifle in my FB feed. He forwarded it his marketing and engineers and responded they are all doable. So I'm hoping Beretta does improve the ARX with those features.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CaribouLou45:
Any word on the pistol version??? Like I said, I called Beretta and asked about SBR by attaching a stock. They said it won't work but I call B.S. as in the photos it looks like the pistol has the same mechanism.

Photoshop:

http://imageshack.us/a/img580/5316/arxsbr.jpg

The one accuracy report on youtube shows the rifle version being insanely accurate for a semi auto .22. Seems Beretta did an outstanding job on the gun

That would be a damn cool SBR in 5.56.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TangledThorns:

I mentioned those three exact things to a Beretta rep promoting the rifle in my FB feed. He forwarded it his marketing and engineers and responded they are all doable. So I'm hoping Beretta does improve the ARX with those features.

All of those were mentioned to Beretta reps 3 years ago at SHOT show.

Some of the suggestions I gave them were the same things that were changed when they brought out their "SF" model.  Several others they did the opposite when they brought out the ARX100 for consumer sales
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 4:36:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#38]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Originally Posted By TangledThorns:

All of those were mentioned to Beretta reps 3 years ago at SHOT show.

Some of the suggestions I gave them were the same things that were changed when they brought out their "SF" model.  Several others they did the opposite when they brought out the ARX100 for consumer sales

Yeah, I tend to think it's going to be a case of WYSIWYG syndrome with this rifle; I'm not holding my breath for any forthcoming changes, as I don't think there will be any.  At this point, they've invested enough in it already, so it's simply not that big of a priority any more.

Of the 3 mods I mentioned, the grip would be my priority gripe.  While I can live with the AR-style grip, the finger groove/notch is an annoyance all the same.  Dremmeling it off would be risky.  You only get 1 go at it.

ETA - BTW, since the gas reg is single mode, is it even capable of hosting COTS suppressors, or does it require a bbl. with an integrated "Beretta special"?
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 11:19:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ronin556] [#39]

Count the vent holes that run from back to front, the ARX-100 has 12 the ARX-160 has 15. The gas block stops at the very front of the handguard on both the ARX-100 and the ARX-160.

I see that now, I can only think of 2 reasons

1. kept gas system same but moved it closer so you cannot install a full auto bolt and the semi bolt carrier is shorter

2. kept gas system same but moved it closer  which will allow it to have more energy to cycle weak ammo like wolf
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#40]

I see that now, I can only think of 2 reasons

1. kept gas system same so you cannot install a full auto bolt and the semi bolt carrier is shorter

2. kept gas system same but allowed more energy to cycle weak ammo like wold

Another possibility is to improve durability and reliability.
Shorter pistons weigh less and barrels with the gas block closer to the chamber flex less.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I handled it at the 2013 NRA Convention in Houston.

I liked it better than either FN SCAR-L or Bushmaster/Magpul ACR.

I wished it had more option with regards to caliber interchangeability, e.g., 5.45, 22LR, 22WMR, FN 5.7, 308, etc.

Originally Posted By SKY-PUP:
I am hoping there will be a sample on hand at the Beretta booth at the NRA show today.

HardShell,

If there is, we would appreciate your sharing with us your first impressions. Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/12/2013 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Rumor on thefirearmblog stating that a .308 NATO ver - "ARX-200" - is also in the works.  

I still would like to confirm whether or not this design can run a QD suppressor...?
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Beretta had something on social media today that said 60 days for availability.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Beretta had something on social media today that said 60 days for availability.

Beretta rep at 2013 NRA Convention said projected date of availability as being Q3.

Link Posted: 5/14/2013 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Mexican cop with an ARX.

Link Posted: 5/14/2013 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By vanvideo:
Mexican cop with an ARX.

<a href="http://s756.photobucket.com/user/vanvideo/media/arfcom%20stuff/arx100.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx201/vanvideo/arfcom%20stuff/arx100.jpg</a>

Nice.... So where's the gun?
Link Posted: 5/22/2013 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Has it been 60 days yet?
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#48]
How many more days?
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 4:34:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: poorman] [#49]
I gave up and bought a Tavor Maybe I will bite the bullet on an ARX too when they are available...
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#50]
In case y'all havent seen this video yet
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top