Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Embittered:

Gotdam that’s a heavy bitch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Embittered:
Originally Posted By MK3110:

About 0.925” OD 2.5” from the muzzle. Looks like its just under 0.900” from the muzzle to the collar.

Gotdam that’s a heavy bitch.

Rifle’s only 16lbs with optic, bipod, and can.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Depends. You cloning US or French SPRs?

View Quote

Where are the details on the French version of a MK12?
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

Where are the details on the French version of a MK12?
View Quote

There's a picture of a rifle with the B&T can at the bottom of this article.  Looks like a Centurion rail.  Not sure if this is the French configuration or not.

https://www.guns.com/news/2024/01/31/b-and-t-new-suppressor-lineup
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SchlaffTablett:
I've been looking and haven't been able to find the actual specs but if I can come up with it, I'll post it.
View Quote

Here's a quote from Centurion's product page:

"Apparently, during GWOT, one of the European NATO allies procured a small batch of MK12 uppers from the United States but didn’t buy the ops inc suppressors the American forces were using.  They went to Brugger and Thomet, a European suppressor manufacturer, and had them made."
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully someone can guide me on this.  Would like to assemble a Gordon carbine upper.  Trying to either find someone that can make the barrel or point in the right direction.  I can put the rest together just like to get the barrel done properly.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Hopefully someone can guide me on this.  Would like to assemble a Gordon carbine upper.  Trying to either find someone that can make the barrel or point in the right direction.  I can put the rest together just like to get the barrel done properly.
View Quote

Are you using an AEM5 or M4 can?

AE sells the 3-piece collar deals with different inner diameters for barrels.  I think they even make version to work with 12.5 and 12.7 barrels now if you’re using an AEM5.

For OPs anything these days. I’d either use ADCO or Alleghany.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Subpar:

AE sells the 3-piece collar deals with different inner diameters for barrels.  I think they even make version to work with 12.5 and 12.7 barrels now if you're using an AEM5.

For OPs anything these days. I'd either use ADCO or Alleghany.
View All Quotes

AE sells the 3-piece collar deals with different inner diameters for barrels.  I think they even make version to work with 12.5 and 12.7 barrels now if you're using an AEM5.

For OPs anything these days. I'd either use ADCO or Alleghany.
While the aem5 would be convenient I think I'll be going with an m4 can.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#9]
While the aem5 would be convenient I think I'll be going with an m4 can.
View Quote

I used a Colt 14.5” for mine.  Sent it to Ron and he fit a 3 piece collar and sent it back.  Didn’t require profiling or anything.

If you have accurate calipers you could probably just measure and call Ron to turn you a collar if he’s still doing that kind of work.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Here’s some light reading on the subject

Somali Build Thread
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Here's some light reading on the subject

Somali Build Thread
View All Quotes

Here's some light reading on the subject

Somali Build Thread
Thx
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Vietnam retro 16 with 20” pencil barrel. Anyone have pictures of one with aem5 setup and how you did it? I want to or would like to keep 20”. My options of what I’m thinking.

1. Keep pencil barrel get a collar. Is this possible or does barrel need cutting? Which collar is needed if barrel does or doesn’t have to be cut.

2. 20” “regular” barrel and get profiled for spr/aem setup. Ya i think it would look cool with that gap between FSP and suppressor.

3. First, what it shortest barrel length you can go with FSP? If I got an 18” Douglas which is already set up for spr/aem profile. Will that work? Bummer a quality barrel like that I can’t get in 20”
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#13]

I used a Colt 14.5” for mine.  Sent it to Ron and he fit a 3 piece collar and sent it back.  Didn’t require profiling or anything.

If you have accurate calipers you could probably just measure and call Ron to turn you a collar if he’s still doing that kind of work.
View Quote

I did the same. Sent the 14.5” upper to Ron who fitted the collar to the M4 can I bought before it shipped to my dealer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#14]
What’s the best light/light mount for a Gordon? Without getting into high dollar clone correct territory.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:00:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rothperson87] [#15]
Originally Posted By SaturationTech:
What’s the best light/light mount for a Gordon? Without getting into high dollar clone correct territory.
View Quote

Electrical tape or an inner tube
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Check this thread for answers.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Depends. You cloning US or French SPRs?

View Quote

Good question, based on what I'm hearing here I wanted to clone a MK12 Mod0 so it looks like the AE is the way to go.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Use a 14.5" M4 barrel. That is more than likely what the original was and it's the most straightforward to get the 3 piece collar mounted up for.
View All Quotes

Use a 14.5" M4 barrel. That is more than likely what the original was and it's the most straightforward to get the 3 piece collar mounted up for.
Perfect thanks
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#21]
As long as you have the AE M4 can.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#22]
As long as you have the AE M4 can.
View Quote
That's the plan
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 6:51:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone still make custom length collars?  I was planning to buy an AEM3 or 4 and purchased a long collar along with a spacer from ADCO that would allow me to properly run an AEM3/4 on the gun.  However, the barrel just arrived (SOLGW Precision 16" barrel that I was told from a 3rd party had the correct step placement), and the step is located 2.2" past the muzzle.  To my understanding, that makes it about .15" too long of a distance to run an AEM2/3/4, and .35" too short to run an AEM5.  Any ideas short of having the barrel re-profiled?  Ideally, I think I'd prefer a custom collar to run the AEM2/3/4 spec cans.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 5:09:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DackJaniels] [#25]

Big shoutout to Allegheny Arms for putting together this upper! Everything fits together perfectly and I can work the switchblock easily. Hoping to shoot it this weekend
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

I'd trust ADCO since they've been doing this for a long time.  Allegheny Arms is also doing them  Dave Wilson did them for a while but I think he's not taking barrel work for AE suppressors right now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Otter Creek makes their gordon collar that is meant to work with a standard 12.5” barrel, and it saves a ton of headache, and you should be fine to do it without paying a gunsmith.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By hydrostatic_cling:
Otter Creek makes their gordon collar that is meant to work with a standard 12.5” barrel, and it saves a ton of headache, and you should be fine to do it without paying a gunsmith.
View Quote

Boooooo.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Boo what? They make excellent stuff.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Boo what? They make excellent stuff.
View Quote

Douche comes in pretty bottles too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Purses fly!
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

You are new here so you get a pass. Otter creek isn't a name that sits well with most.

There is a HUGE reason Otter Creek is not in the title of this thread. Best just keep that name out of here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#36]
That's amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Not a 12th model but as close as I can get to matching your pic and similar markings.

Link Posted: 8/9/2024 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By bigbore:

When 12th models were so cool they didn't even need to say 12th model on them.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/12678/20240809_203142-3290307.jpg
View Quote

Word!

Link Posted: 8/9/2024 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/9/2024 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By bigbore:

This is probably the rarest Shingletown model.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/12678/20240809_203618-3290371.jpg
View Quote

Yeah that is top shelf right there!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Just confirming but will this work for the AEM4 suppressor?  

https://www.thoroughbredarmco.com/product/369/14-5-colt-gov-profile-barrel-c-mp-marked-new-old-stock
View Quote

I believe so. Just have to send it to Ron to have it contoured/cleaned up and have the collar added.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#42]

https://www.thoroughbredarmco.com/product/369/14-5-colt-gov-profile-barrel-c-mp-marked-new-old-stock
View Quote

Yes for the AE M4, no for the AEM4.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:13:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#43]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:

View All Quotes

Good catch. I thought MetalSaber has been talking about the M4/Gordon can/builds.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#44]
The rarest are the ones with the Shingletown 2 line stamping and a hand stamped serial number.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 10:50:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#46]

Good catch. I thought MetalSaber has been talking about the M4/Gordon can/builds.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the catch on this guys.  Since I need an M4, I'll likely just go the 12.5" route since I have an AEM5.  Saves a little money.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the catch on this guys.  Since I need an M4, I'll likely just go the 12.5" route since I have an AEM5.  Saves a little money.
View Quote

Trajectory has short 3 piece collars for the 12.5/AEM5 if you are going for the Gordon clone look.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By k31user:

Trajectory has short 3 piece collars for the 12.5/AEM5 if you are going for the Gordon clone look.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By k31user:

Thanks Ron
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

Sweet. Post pics when it’s done
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#50]
What rifle length barrel would allow me to use the Gordon collar for the AEM5?  18"?
Page / 108
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top