Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2024 9:47:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aftac]
I was Going through my pvs-14s and my armasight gen3 pvs-14 from 2014 that was fine when I moved here now has a bright spot.  These were still in the plastic until this year so they had not been used for years, I have a L3 tube I normally use but was putting in for a bino to try.  They were going to be my ex wife’s tube.  

I did Not notice this a few months ago and it was put up in my closet.  The tube has less than an hour on it because I have not been going shooting much at night.  

They are out of warranty at armasight is there any way to fix this?  It was an Armasight PVS-14 alpha model with automated ITT Omni 7 tube.

My divorce was finalized last year ($400k got full custody of the kids but…) so they have never been ran just sat in the green bag with lots of plastic and in a plastic black Plano ammo can that it could fit in.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#2]
No expert here.

However to me that does not look like burn in, or damage to your IT but possibly a piece of dust or debris has made its way inside and is being illuminated.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
It’s still there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Well the tube has less than one hour and it is an Omni VII tube so there is that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a very old tube with multiple emission points, had it for 8 years, then finallyy gave it to a family member, it's still running strong and the points haven't gotten bigger.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lowdown3:

Not so good...  The good news is these things rarely get bigger according to the tube manufacturers.

Bad news is a 10 year old green phosphor unit may or may not (for you) be worth paying a bunch to get the tube fixed. Sure wouldn't hurt to find out. Others may be able to tell you approximately how much a 2014 era (Armasight...) PVS14 would be worth on the used market. I would look into that also while finding out can it get fixed and how much.
View Quote

Problem is I have barely an hour on these if that.  I am just upset I did not take a look at them when I got them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top