Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 5/31/2024 10:49:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cajun_Redneck]
I ordered a BM Adamas with plain edge. Package arrived today and low and behold, it has a damn serrated edge. Checked my order and sure enough they sent me the wrong knife.
But here’s the kicker. I kind of like it. Now I’m torn between keeping it or returning it.
Main use will be a work knife. Cutting rope, rubber fuel line, avocados, pex, trimmer string, steak, and other cutting chores.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the Partially Serrated Master Race.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dogsplat:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I have a couple Kershaw 1840STs and can't imagine carrying anything else.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:26:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dogsplat:

View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#4]
My travel knife used to be a partially serrated  Griptilian I got cheap.  It came in handy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I am waiting to hear from knifeworks Monday before I cut anything with it.
But those of you that like partially serrated, what does it do (in your opinion) better than a plain edge?
Or specifically, is the plain edge still easy to use while missing 1/3-1/2 of its length?
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#6]
All my favorite knives are partially serrated.   The serrated part works great for sawing thru stuff that won't slice like wire, cardboard, seat belts, and rubber hose.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple semi high end partially serrated blades and I’m trying to like them.  In for why I should.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:09:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SteveOak] [#8]
Originally Posted By Cajun_Redneck:
I am waiting to hear from knifeworks Monday before I cut anything with it.
But those of you that like partially serrated, what does it do (in your opinion) better than a plain edge?
Or specifically, is the plain edge still easy to use while missing 1/3-1/2 of its length?
View Quote

Like most 'combo' things, it does neither the work of a smooth blade nor the work of a serrated blade, well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 2:56:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cajun_Redneck] [#9]
Made up my mind and sent it back. I’ll test the waters on partially serrated on something else.
They are sending me the correct one. Easiest and nicest customer service I’ve ever dealt with.
They’ve just gained a repeat customer
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to like partially serrated blades, but when I got better at sharpening, I found them to be less useful. Unless you cut a ton of rope and don't sharpen your knives that often, then it may be a better choice.

I haven't found anything a sharp plain edge can't do just as well though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Have a gerber that has scallop serrations.
Works really well.
Have a strider with serrations and it’s ok but I like the scallop serrations better
Jm2c
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Swap completed
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I have always been a fan of partially serrated knives. The serrations let you cut rope, webbing, straps, or anything heavy duty and can use the straight edge for finer tasks.

My current EDC is a Civivi Elementum that is a straight edge. I don’t hate it, but do have to keep it sharper and find myself having to use a bit more force on some things.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By jcast141:
I have always been a fan of partially serrated knives. The serrations let you cut rope, webbing, straps, or anything heavy duty and can use the straight edge for finer tasks.

My current EDC is a Civivi Elementum that is a straight edge. I don’t hate it, but do have to keep it sharper and find myself having to use a bit more force on some things.
View Quote

Same. My Delica was my favorite.

Currently carrying a Bugout from BM.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top