Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2024 3:36:48 PM EDT
Is a full power, not airsoft, Perst-1IK IR Laser good for a semi-auto rifle?  These are probably hard to source with various sanctions so, I am open to other suggestions as well.  Have thermal and looking to add NVG.  IR laser would be good near my my farmhouse and out building with a semi-auto rimfire plinking vermin or on my AR-15 for dogs when needed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Perst a few years ago. It worked well, albeit pretty chunky. I sold that rifle and parted out the add-ons. I use a Steiner Tor now on a 14.5 AR, and it's a much more compact package that accomplishes the same task.
Link Posted: 10/2/2024 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless I’m mistaken, that unit is IR laser only. I would go another route. The only reason to obtain a “full power” unit is when you want a device with IR light.

The fact that China/airsofters are cloning Zenitco products and it’s difficult getting real Zenitco products stateside would be another deterrent.

The only reason to pay more for and purchase a full power unit is if it has IR light capabilities. Civilian legal lasers will be plenty powerful and more useful. I have a real Perst 3 and I almost exclusively use the IR laser in  the lowest power mode.

Based on my limited personal experience Zenitco makes great products so buy with confidence if and only if you know it’s real.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top