Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2024 6:16:15 PM EDT
Was just looking atthe stamp on my two pistol brace to SBR pistol/rifles. They say "approved with conditions...". The last page lists the conditions as " pursuant to ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F".

Doesthis just refer to the amnesty period having a deadline for submission? Or does it mean that depending on the final ruling of 2021R-08F these guns could loose status as an SBR? It was just strange to me to see "approval conditions". Almost like the ATF is leaving a way to back out of the SBR classification of thes particular firearms.

I know this sounds paranoid but we are dealing with the ATF. Logic does not always apply.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought you didn't get a stamp but more of a waver that may not be permanent.
Do we know what the final rule is?
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 6:37:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#2]
It's just saying that it was approved pursuant to the amnesty registration which waived the tax, which is why there is no stamp attached.  They wouldn't rescind them if the rule fails, there's more upside to the government in having them in the registry and controlled by NFA law.

ETA: this is the info on the rule.  

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/factoring-criteria-firearms-attached-stabilizing-braces

It was overturned by a Federal case in TX in June , 2024 and is now vacated.

https://casetext.com/case/mock-v-garland-3

Link Posted: 10/2/2024 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You got a signed form 4. You’re done, carry on.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 8:53:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3-gun:
View Quote

Form 1… but correct.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I got lucky on mine did e form on may1 and got the amnesty approval back end of sept that year.

It varied some files after me got theirs back in month or two others before me well theirs is still sittin on a pile.
Link Posted: 10/3/2024 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Screwball:

Form 1… but correct.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Screwball:
Originally Posted By 3-gun:

Form 1… but correct.

My bad, probably because I know two that had the form 1 transfer it to their own trust by form 4. Figure having a unmarked hk sbr was worth it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep… big reason why I did them. I have a PTR, S&W M&P15/22, AK-P, and a few ARs with OEM markings.

Only thing that pissed me off was I couldn’t do my TAC-14 under it… and that gun got screwed over twice (folding brace, then the regular brace). Well, my name is on it and it wears a Magpul stock.
Link Posted: 10/9/2024 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Just slapped a proper stock on my PSA AK-V that I registered under the brace "amnesty".  I registered a handful of things that I wanted to SBR anyway.  The AK-V was one of them.  

My Form 1, box I "reason" is: "ALL LEGAL PURPOSES AND AS A RESULT OF THE ATF RULE 2021R-08F THAT REDEFINED THIS PISTOL AS A SHORT BARREL RIFLE REQUIRING REGISTRATION UNDER THREAT OF FELONY"

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top