Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2024 2:48:39 PM EDT
With the fourth of July sales I decided to go ahead and order a complete set of steel plates with full rhino coating. ( complete meaning the 6x8 fully coated side plates )

I've been intending to do this for a couple of year's to use as work out plate set but still able to use as intended if needed.

I have a set of RMA level 4 that are in a LBX carrier.

Seeing how missed the LBX sale in my size large plate carrier ( at least in the color's I'd settle for are out of stock ) I've decided to use my LBX carrier for the steel and get a JCP 2 for the RMA level4's .

My question if anyone knows, will the RMA level 4 10x12 plate's fit in the JCP carrier ?
The plate's are thick and I'm not sure they would fit.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By 1fromtx:
With the fourth of July sales I decided to go ahead and order a complete set of steel plates with full rhino coating. ( complete meaning the 6x8 fully coated side plates )

I've been intending to do this for a couple of year's to use as work out plate set but still able to use as intended if needed.

I have a set of RMA level 4 that are in a LBX carrier.

Seeing how missed the LBX sale in my size large plate carrier ( at least in the color's I'd settle for are out of stock ) I've decided to use my LBX carrier for the steel and get a JCP 2 for the RMA level4's .

My question if anyone knows, will the RMA level 4 10x12 plate's fit in the JCP carrier ?
The plate's are thick and I'm not sure they would fit.
Thanks
View Quote

JPC 2.0 requires plates of average thickness to thicker than average size 0.7"-1.2" that are EXACTLY SAPI cut/shape. If you have a generic 10x12 civi shape plate, it won't work well at all with a JPC 2.0 Large carrier. Usually this is a combination of the plate bag being too long, not fitting well in the upper corners, and excess bag width allowing the plate to move/rock inside bag, which has zero structure. If the cuts on the corners are further apart than SAPI, the plate will never be able to ride high enough to fill out the top. If ybe cuts are asymmetric,  the plates sit funny in the bag. It is not ideal.

I am sorry for your steel plate purchase. I had steel plates once. Couple bonks on the head while donning, the front plate coming up and smacking my jaw and almost breaking my teeth, the single curve rear making the back flare akwardly, and the overall weight just made lighter multicurved ceramic plates a god send in comparison. My suggestion would be to wrap your plates in thin sheets of  closed cell foam. Your skull and jaw will thank you.
Link Posted: 7/9/2024 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for advice and experience with the steel.
I was thinking of putting a foam pad front and back and seeing about either making or getting front and back sleeve to keep everything tight and if ever needed help with any spauling.

I ordered the steel mainly as workout plates and if needed they could still be used as armor.

I have a set of RMA lvl4 that would be my go to.
I can be kinda of rough especially if I'm trying to do a workout. Falling down ( or out lol ) I wouldn't have to worry to much about fracturing the steel.

I ordered CATI 600 or 650 with the extra build up for weight.
They are multi curve and ordered the side plate's with the build up also.

According to their site the complete set weighs 27lbs.
I ought to be to make my body scream at me loud for buying them.

Luckily I guess since I hadn't gotten a response on this post so I did a lot if Youtube .
Decided not go with the JPC for my RMA plates and ended up ordering an Agilite K19 3.0.

I have an LBX carrier Ill be using with the steel.

Thanks again for the info, I'll be adding some cushioning to the top of the plates so I don't knock myself out.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a large LV119 for my medium plates - which are about 1.25" thick...and it was a snug fit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Sizing is the same as BDU/ACU/ABU/MCCUU.  Natick and TRADOC established this last century.  Chest measurement dictates size.

Size small chest gets a size small blouse, size small carrier, and size small SAPI.

Size medium chest gets a size medium blouse, size medium carrier, and size medium SAPI.

Size large chest gets a size large blouse, size large carrier, and size large SAPI.

There's no respective chest measurement for 10x12s
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top