Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2024 6:50:10 PM EDT
I am searching for a scanner with a LRF. I stumbled upon Predator Thermal Optics and have never even heard of them. They look ok but I could find hardly anything about them online.
So with that said; does anyone know of them and if so are they good, bad or just average?
Any idea how long they have actually been in business?
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:01:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flashoveride] [#1]
I bought a pulsar telos, and bought a thermion thermal scope from them.  They pay the sales tax if your from MI.
They have a deal if you order online, no sales tax.  Had the stuff in my hands 2 days later, can't remember the guys name but he was top shelf.

ETA this guy was from Attica MI
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the input.
I am specifically looking for input on the brand Predator Thermal Optics in general; and hopefully this specific scanner. Link to scanner
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NEShooter53:
I appreciate the input.
I am specifically looking for input on the brand Predator Thermal Optics in general; and hopefully this specific scanner. Link to scanner
View Quote

I know the product intimately as the distributor in NZ. For us the product has been exceptional due to the quality and extremely low return rate of under 1%. They are popular here in New Zealand with professional cullers as they dont break and can handle our climate and hunting conditions. They have also just released a sub 18mK NETD 640 sensor too that I expect you will see in the USA soon. You wont find a better product for the price. If you have any specific questions about any of the models just ask.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By nocturnalkiwi:

I know the product intimately as the distributor in NZ. For us the product has been exceptional due to the quality and extremely low return rate of under 1%. They are popular here in New Zealand with professional cullers as they dont break and can handle our climate and hunting conditions. They have also just released a sub 18mK NETD 640 sensor too that I expect you will see in the USA soon. You wont find a better product for the price. If you have any specific questions about any of the models just ask.
View Quote

Thank you for the information.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Did some research and the Matrix 640 scanner spec's show it's comparable to my AGM fuzion mono, but a bit lighter because of the matrix not having the DNV feature.
Some of the videos I watched showed some very impressive images.
Takes 18650 batteries and has a 5 year warranty.
My Fuzion 640 has taken a licking and kept on ticking, but I'm looking for a replacement this year.
I dropped it into a gravel driveway and dinged the Obj lens, so it has a dead spot that is annoying the crap out of me.
The NZ rep's response made me take a look at them.
The rifle scopes look good, but don't like the mounts they come with.
Reminds me of the old style mounts that came with Yukon NV scopes.
I e-mailed the distributor some questions about the Matrix 640 and will see what they have to say.

SJC
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you. I emailed the company also a few days ago with questions. I have not heard back from them yet.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Compare to the Iray Finder .
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 11:24:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NEShooter53] [#9]
Well the company never got back with me to answers my questions.
Since they can’t be bothered to answer questions; they are now on my do not buy list.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Why limit your options with a scanner?

The Iray RH25 is soooo much more versatile with a 5 year warranty

Link Posted: 7/25/2024 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cheeks:
Why limit your options with a scanner?

The Iray RH25 is soooo much more versatile with a 5 year warranty

View Quote

Wife and I already have scopes but only one scanner. Want another scanner so we both can be scanning.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NEShooter53:
I appreciate the input.
View Quote
I like that this takes 18650s instead of an 18650 inside of infiray's proprietary casing (which incidentally seems to be the same as pulsar's proprietary 18650 casing).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top