Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2024 9:59:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3one5]
I really wanted a semi-auto shotgun that I could swap a longer barrel on to for bird hunting and finally landed on the Benelli M2 Tactical.  Found this one here on EE and it looks brand new.  I tossed a Nordic extension on it along with Scalarworks RMR mount.  I have an Agency Arms forend on the way.

Finally got a chance tonight to get it out and do some shooting.  I put 100 rounds of cheap birdshot through it and 50 rounds of 00 buckshot.  Not a single malfunction, which surprised me with the cheap birdshot.  Very happy with this shotgun.

1 1/8oz 7 1/2 shot
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!!  What choke tube you running?  What did it cost without the extension?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blain:
Very nice!!  What choke tube you running?  What did it cost without the extension?
View Quote

I was shooting with the improved cylinder choke. Paid $1k shipped.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Have never had a malf with mine.  Also have an RMR mounted, fwiw.

You might like this (Redneck Tactical bolt release)
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:
Have never had a malf with mine.  Also have an RMR mounted, fwiw.

You might like this (Redneck Tactical bolt release)
View Quote

After everything I read I fully expected it to choke on the cheap birdshot but was pleasantly surprised.  I use the push pull method when shooting so I don't know if that has any kind of impact on how the gun operates.  Anyway, I brought a pile of buckshot along thinking that's all I'd be able to reliably shoot.

That bolt release looks pretty sick.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Love the M2.

The stock is on the long side.  Mesa Tactical makes a shorter stock for it that is a lot more affordable than the Benelli youth stock.

Be sure to use the stock shims to adjust drop and cast to you.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Reliability ‘issues’ with the Benelli M2 are WAY overblown on the internet. I own three - including one with easily more than 7,500 shells through it - and they are fantastically reliable with all sorts of ammunition. This gun is actually 100% reliable with the Federal Top Gun Extra Lite 7/8 oz 12 gauge shell. They do however require a couple cases through them to be fully broken in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Rail installed, just need a light.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#9]
M2s are so reliable they are boring.
Top Top