Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2024 6:40:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kilofoxtrot]
Hi all -- Was looking to find some more information about Sig's submission to the UK Project Hunter.

What was the barrel length? It looks longer than an 11.5, but not quite a 14.5/16. Will barrels ever be released?

Will the handguard be released? Is there any specific reason for the extra overhang on the top rail?

Will the Alpha 3/4 mount top ring ever be released?

Was the suppressor a "normal" SLX-C? It looks somewhere in between the SLX and SLX-C but I can't really tell. Will the tan SLX-C ever be released?

References: https://soldiersystems.net/2022/10/24/sneak-peek-sig-sauers-hunter-project-rifle-for-uk-ranger-regiment/
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 5:40:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The handguard appears to be somewhere around 2.2" shorter than the 13" handguard or  .94" longer than the 10" handguard excluding the overhang just by counting MLok slots which are 32mm with 8mm spacing.

So, if we have somewhere around an 11" handguard, I think the barrel is probably around 12".

The suppressor might be a SURG suppressor without the cage.

Link Posted: 7/11/2024 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:
The handguard appears to be somewhere around 2.2" shorter than the 13" handguard or  .94" longer than the 10" handguard excluding the overhang just by counting MLok slots which are 32mm with 8mm spacing.

So, if we have somewhere around an 11" handguard, I think the barrel is probably around 12".

View Quote

It's a SLX line, the SURGE looks to be a thread on and you can tell the SLX shape/design as well as the locking collar.

Honestly just looks to be a SLXC that's tan.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 11:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a cool looking weapon.  I have the 9in LE pistol variant in 556.  I also have an SLX556C to go with it. I hope sig gets the contract.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 12:40:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MGYSGT8541:
This is a cool looking weapon.  I have the 9in LE pistol variant in 556.  I also have an SLX556C to go with it. I hope sig gets the contract.
View Quote

How's the concussion with the flow through short can?
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Its not bad at all. I am quite a fan of the SLXC on the shorter MCX barrels. is it quite? no...but I was never expecting it to be. tames it well and very little gas back through the system
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Militaries get all the cool toys 😂
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MGYSGT8541:
View Quote

Contract was awarded to KAC for the KS-1 and MCQ-PRT suppressors.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 7:36:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpyHawk] [#8]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

It's a SLX line, the SURGE looks to be a thread on and you can tell the SLX shape/design as well as the locking collar.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zerlak:
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

You may be right. I can do some photo analysis of it.

One thing I noticed is that the gas block cutout is in the same exact location as the 11.5. but it has one more mlok slot in front of the gas block cutout.

That suggests the barrel may actually be 13" since one mlok slot is 40mm or ~1.5".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top