Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2024 12:27:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Weasel_Master]
Finally got around to picking up my first rifle suppressor, an RC2.  Thinking about swapping out the flash hider on my varmint rig with a 4 prong so I can use it on a prairie dog trip.  How repeatable is the POI shift?  Shots vary from 1-400 or so yard, with a handful stretched out to 500.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't noticed any lack of repeatability in the 100yd zero shift, but, for the ultimate in peace of mind, you can mount it, confirm zero, and then don't take it off until after the hunt/etc.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine has had no zero shift from removal and reinstall
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve taken mine on and off all the time  between matches and never had a problem or needed to rezero. Shooting out to 800.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate the responses.  

Needing to rezero every time for a hunt, though not impossible, is inconvenient.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
Appreciate the responses.  

Needing to rezero every time for a hunt, though not impossible, is inconvenient.
View Quote

I don’t think I saw anyone say you should confirm zero every time. If you have not confirmed your suppressed zero, especially if you are changing your muzzle device you should.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Surefire's system is one of the more repeatable ones.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JamPo:

I don’t think I saw anyone say you should confirm zero every time. If you have not confirmed your suppressed zero, especially if you are changing your muzzle device you should.
View Quote

That I will do and is common sense to zero.  Before I went through the trouble of removing the current muzzle device, putting on a 4prong and then testing it myself, I figured I could save the time if the issue of finding out out that repeatability isn't there.  The only setup I have to test it on right now is a reddot, and my eyes aren't good enough to shoot groups at distance with that to tell.

One of the posters mentioned for ultimate comfort, put it on, zero and leave it until after the hunt.  I understand that would be best but not necessarily the most convenient being that I use it on other setups as well and it won't fit in the current case either.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#8]
There is no POI shift in my 4 suppressors
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 5:56:11 AM EDT
[#9]
The Surefire mounting device keeps the can clocked at the same orientation every time so the POI shouldn’t change.  I take my RC cans on and off all the time and don’t have any poi shift I’ve noticed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fulautotank:
Mine has had no zero shift from removal and reinstall
View Quote

This x 1000.  I've yet to have a different POI after probably hundreds of removals and putting them back on.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Changed out for the 4 prong today after a generous cleaning of the gun.  Must have forgotten to clean it after the last trip, it was filthy.  Threw a different scope on, I'll get out to zero this week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top