Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2024 1:42:30 PM EDT
Finally after some begging I was sent some 1165's from RMA to evaluate. The only string attached was they requested I only drop test one of the plates. This currently is NOT CPL listed, and I'm of the assumption that since NIJ 07 submissions are coming up soon, that the 1165 could see the addition of a drop face foam at some point, although I don't believe it's a requirement. The laminated strike face held up WAY better than the 1155, they weigh over 1lb less, and I would argue that UHMWPE does a better job at containing threats over "e-glass" albeit at a hit to backface. As always these demos come at a considerable materials cost for me, and as such my nice influencer code helps pay for these things :D "Buffman"
https://rmadefense.com/store/body-armor/level-iv-body-armor/lightweight-level-4-plates-model-1165/

RMA Armament Model 1165, Lightweight Level IV /RF3

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool man. I gave you a click and a watch.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 11:54:24 PM EDT
[#2]
The rma or highcom? I seen the highcom failed after 2 shots while rma lasted 4 before it had an issue. Little let down by highcom performance.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 12:27:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw a thread on these earlier and I'm interested. I'll give this a watch.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gambleandlost:
The rma or highcom? I seen the highcom failed after 2 shots while rma lasted 4 before it had an issue. Little let down by highcom performance.
View Quote
This is kind of the gray area with Level IV. Since currently with the NIJ Level IV and even the new 07 RF3, there's no multi-hit rating for it. Meaning plates are designed to stop 1 hit of M2AP COM, and that's it. While I've certainly proven plates are capable of multi-hits, it's never guaranteed. Highcom makes good stuff and are CPL certified. What I don't like about some of Highcom's plates is that they are not true to size, and sure 1/2" isn't a deal breaker, it's still less coverage. I feel the 1165 with it's UHMWPE is better than the 4S17M :D
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag to watch tomorrow; always appreciate your videos sir!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top