Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 9:42:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey]
My Flow 762 was finally approved and I have it in hand now. It came with a 5/8X24 muzzle device, which needs to go on either my Scar 20 or the Rattler.... since the Rattler goes to the range more often, it's the obvious choice while I wait for 5.56 muzzle devices for my other rifles to come back into stock.

So, obviously I need to pull the stock muzzle device off, which will be a hassle in itself. But do I need anything else like a taper adapter for the Rattler? I'm not experienced with suppressors yet. I do have a couple of Geissele alignment rods on the way.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless they make a taper barrel muzzle device, you'll need the taper adapter for the Rattler.

Congrats on getting to pick up your can.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, ordered a couple. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, you’ll need either taper mount muzzle or an barrel adaptor for the taper.  

Im in the same boat, except I dont have either , yet.  Its all hypothetical.  

Want a LT, want a dedicated can for it (duty use).  So, I dont have either yet waiting on the funds.  Easy solution would be buy a Sig can , but those things are unobtainium.  

So, Im thinking about what mounts can take on taper mounted (25*) mounts.  So, Im thinking about plan B mounts.

That can you got is a HUB system right?   Buy a plan B mounting system, buy a plan b muzzle device with 25 degree taper.  Rearden sells them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:
Yeah, you’ll need either taper mount muzzle or an barrel adaptor for the taper.  

Want a LT, want a dedicated can for it (duty use).  So, I dont have either yet waiting on the funds.  Easy solution would be buy a Sig can , but those things are unobtainium.  

So, Im thinking about what mounts can take on taper mounted (25*) mounts.  So, Im thinking about plan B mounts.

That can you got is a HUB system right?   Buy a plan B mounting system, buy a plan b muzzle device with 25 degree taper.  Rearden sells them.
View Quote

No, the Flow 762 uses proprietary muzzle devices. I got it primarily for my SCAR 20, but will run it on the Rattler as well.

I believe the Ventus (which I might pick up after this, if I like it) is the HUB-compatible one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:31:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#5]
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:
Yeah, you'll need either taper mount muzzle or an barrel adaptor for the taper.  

View Quote

I just picked mine up from DogtownTom. SLH762TIC-QD (ordered 4/25; 4 day approval)
Ordered from Smokey Mountain Guns and Ammo. https://www.smga.com/  
I'm so glad I did this versus trying to swap out the factory FH for something else to fit something else.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:00:58 AM EDT
[#6]
In case anyone was wondering

Attachment Attached File

I modified my Geissele reaction rod, grinding down a couple of the "lugs" with a Dremel, put the upper onto it, then heated up the FH with a torch for a bit. Once I broke it loose with my old Tapco wrench it spun freely. Taper adapter on, Huxwrx brake on, torqued it all down, and the Flow went on perfectly. Geissele alignment rod shows centered. Hopefully I can get it to the range soon
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177643/1000023344_jpg-3213890.JPG

I modified my Geissele reaction rod, grinding down a couple of the "lugs" with a Dremel, put the upper onto it, then heated up the FH with a torch for a bit. Once I broke it loose with my old Tapco wrench it spun freely. Taper adapter on, Huxwrx brake on, torqued it all down, and the Flow went on perfectly. Geissele alignment rod shows centered. Hopefully I can get it to the range soon
View Quote

I love your choice of optic, Sir.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:38:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#8]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

https://i.imgur.com/yqFnnOu.jpeg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zerlak:
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177643/1000023344_jpg-3213890.JPG

https://i.imgur.com/yqFnnOu.jpeg

Thanks! Those little guys are awesome
Top Top