Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2024 7:40:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull]
I have one showing up in a couple days and I'm wanting to build a AK-104 "alpha" clone with it.
I passed on the wolverine due to the more flow through design and the recoil reduction with the putnik. That and I'm loving the girthy combloc look of it.
I have seen issues with it coming loose with the direct thread because it lacks the notch to attach to the front sight block pin like the wolverine, but I know they are coming out with an adapter to do just that, and I'm planning on switching the mount out anyways.

Anywho, who has one of these and what do you think of it?
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s very heavy and sparks a lot because of the Ti end cap. I’d just stick with a “traditional” looking suppressor if I were to do it all over again.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By contax_shooter:
It’s very heavy and sparks a lot because of the Ti end cap. I’d just stick with a “traditional” looking suppressor if I were to do it all over again.
View Quote

I've got a bunch of other .30 cal silencers, so this was more of a clone focused purchase. I'm a sucker for looks

I've seen some night shooting flash videos of it, it definitely has some sparks but I didn't think it was to bad.
Being shorter and lighter than the wolverine is a definite bonus as well. I think the back pressure of the putnik is a big bonus.

How's the sound reduction for you shooting it?
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Resilient Putnik AK Suppressor: First Look and Unboxing

Dude, I love mine as a dedicated AK can. My full review will be out in the next month or so. Big and chonky for sure, but the braking feature is really helpful for reducing recoil. I shot a round without ears (supers) and it’s not bad at all, though I wouldn’t want to mag dump that way.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUj4GnA2mUc

Dude, I love mine as a dedicated AK can. My full review will be out in the next month or so. Big and chonky for sure, but the braking feature is really helpful for reducing recoil. I shot a round without ears (supers) and it’s not bad at all, though I wouldn’t want to mag dump that way.
View Quote

Any issues with it loosening up while firing?
If no, when you checked it, was it still tight?

I'm wondering if the loosening issues coincided with the weld issue they had with the first 225 produced.

And thanks for the video. It sure is a sexy silencer.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mindfull:

Any issues with it loosening up while firing?
If no, when you checked it, was it still tight?

I'm wondering if the loosening issues coincided with the weld issue they had with the first 225 produced.

And thanks for the video. It sure is a sexy silencer.
View Quote

No problem! I would definitely like the detent capability; it’s loosened a few times until I really cranked it down while it was hot. Mine is outside of the affected range…400s maybe?
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#6]

No problem! I would definitely like the detent capability; it’s loosened a few times until I really cranked it down while it was hot. Mine is outside of the affected range…400s maybe?
View Quote

Yeah, they are suppose to be coming out with an adapter that secures to the block pin and that should alleviate the loosening issues. No idea why they wouldn't just design and include that in the first place. Oh well
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Yeah, they are suppose to be coming out with an adapter that secures to the block pin and that should alleviate the loosening issues. No idea why they wouldn't just design and include that in the first place. Oh well
View Quote

I reached out to them to see if they’ll send one out; I’ll update if I get my hands on one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2024 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#8]

I reached out to them to see if they’ll send one out; I’ll update if I get my hands on one.
View Quote

Nice, yeah let me know what you think. I was going to go hub, but a block pin adapter would be nice. Alot cheaper to switch between hosts that way if I ever wanted to
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally shot it today. Its a beast.
I'm pleasantly surprised by the tone and wow, talk about recoil mitigation.
Torqued it to 30ft bs per Tyler at Resilient and ripped off 30 rounds. Didn't come loose at all. I'll have to shoot a lot more just to make sure, but im digging it.
Eric at Stronghold Armory in Missouri cut the barrel down to 12.5", crowned it and installed the AK-142B front sight/block for me. Super fast and fantastic work.

Link Posted: 7/18/2024 5:51:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stiglitz_actual] [#10]
I've been looking for a short & fat can
How would this do on a shorty 300blk? 6" or 9" running subs & supers respectively
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By stiglitz_actual:
I've been looking for a short & fat can
How would this do on a shorty 300blk? 6" or 9" running subs & supers respectively
View Quote

Probably pretty decent. My 6” .300blk has a tucked rail so I obviously can’t fit it on there! My review of it will be out Sunday and I’ll add it to this thread.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 12:33:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mesooohoppy] [#12]
I have a wolverine and like it, the way it mounts is most impressive to me (the host/ak is still loud). The putnik does seem to be quieter and have a pretty pleasant tone.

I recommend you pay attention to brass ejection patterns and buy a kns adj piston if needed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Big Can Energy: Resilient Putnik AK Supressor Review

As promised boys.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 12:56:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#14]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2tKVO74cvM

As promised boys.
View Quote

Any word from Resilient on a block pin mount adapter?

@bluedog82
16:20-16:55 there's no sound in your video
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked up a Putnik for my PSA Krink.  It does a great job taming that fire breathing dragon.  I need to do a comparison with my Wolverine.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By contax_shooter:
View Quote
Interesting about the Ti. Isn’t it a fully welded can?

I’m curious how these sound and how the backpressure is, with non-AK hosts, like a .308 AR. Especially in comparison to the Velos 7.62.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#17]

@bluedog82
16:20-16:55 there's no sound in your video
View Quote

Hmm, thanks for the heads up. They are still in development of the mount it sounds like, they didn’t give an ETA
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
Interesting about the Ti. Isn’t it a fully welded can?

I’m curious how these sound and how the backpressure is, with non-AK hosts, like a .308 AR. Especially in comparison to the Velos 7.62.
View Quote

Resilient Putnik vs the big dog BCA-10 in .308. Sounds good, great on recoil control! #guns #308 #ar

It’s pretty low backpressure, but I doubt it’s quite as low as a true flow-thru.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Hope they sell the adapter standalone whenever they're done with it, I'd buy one for my KR-103 + Enticer S.
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Pomyluy:

Hope they sell the adapter standalone whenever they're done with it, I'd buy one for my KR-103 + Enticer S.
View Quote

I just gave up waiting and went ahead and cut my own notch on the mount for the block pin. My cut was a little sloppy, but it works. Pin locks in and I finally had my way with it today. Went through almost 300 rounds over the course of an hour and its good to go. No way the silencer is coming loose.
If anyone has concerns on the putnik loosening up, thats probably your best bet to negate the issue.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#21]

I just gave up waiting and went ahead and cut my own notch on the mount for the block pin. My cut was a little sloppy, but it works. Pin locks in and I finally had my way with it today. Went through almost 300 rounds over the course of an hour and its good to go. No way the silencer is coming loose.
If anyone has concerns on the putnik loosening up, thats probably your best bet to negate the issue.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310007/20240819_192550_jpg-3299208.JPG
View Quote

Nicely done, looks pretty clean!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top