Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2024 10:07:18 AM EDT
Looks like they’re coming out with single shot rifles that would make excellent suppressor hosts.  I’m interested in the 8.6 BO

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice. Still kicking myself for missing out on cheap AAC H&R Handi-Rifles.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Would like one in .357 mag. Haven't found one in any caliber listed on any website I order from yet.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Where was that announcement posted?  I can't find their official socials...
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I took a screenshot from an email guns.com sent me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By colklink:
Would like one in .357 mag. Haven't found one in any caliber listed on any website I order from yet.
View Quote

A .357 rifle was on my wanted list, but a .350 Legend would fill the same role and then some.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Moondog:

A .357 rifle was on my wanted list, but a .350 Legend would fill the same role and then some.
View Quote

I would like the ability to shoot .38 spc, along with hot .357 mag.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Fair enough.  I was thinking of the ammo restrictions in lower Michigan during deer season.  350 Legend is like a .357 with a bit more juice behind it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]
CVA makes the Scout rifle & pistol version of this layout.  It's stainless as well as some limited FDE painted version with camo stocks (that come and go in availability).  They offer in every caliber except 8.6 Blackout, which CVA needs to get to be competitive.

Rossi is hit and miss on their guns.  I had a Rossi 62 .22lr that wasn't any good, but heard other rave about it.  They made a new version of the .22lr pump gun and have heard it is problematic.  

The CVA doesn't have the same reputation.  The CVA Scout is over built as it's 1 platform for everything from .357 mag to 6.5 Creedmore.  So it's a large frame gun and heavier than it needs to be, but build quality doesn't seem to be an issue.

I'm glad to see the market being filled by other players.  The AAC/Handi rifle in .300 blackout was an interesting suppressor host the went away while being popular.  Or maybe got popular once we couldn't get them anymore.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ihon:
CVA makes the Scout rifle & pistol version of this layout.  It's stainless as well as some limited FDE painted version with camo stocks (that come and go in availability).  They offer in every caliber except 8.6 Blackout, which CVA needs to get to be competitive.

Rossi is hit and miss on their guns.  I had a Rossi 62 .22lr that wasn't any good, but heard other rave about it.  They made a new version of the .22lr pump gun and have heard it is problematic.  

The CVA doesn't have the same reputation.  The CVA Scout is over built as it's 1 platform for everything from .357 mag to 6.5 Creedmore.  So it's a large frame gun and heavier than it needs to be, but build quality doesn't seem to be an issue.

I'm glad to see the market being filled by other players.  The AAC/Handi rifle in .300 blackout was an interesting suppressor host the went away while being popular.  Or maybe got popular once we couldn't get them anymore.
View Quote

I've shot my buddy's CVA in 300 Black, I liked it a LOT.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ihon:

View Quote

I couldn't pull the trigger on the CVA. I bought a Savage 110 for about 50 bucks more instead. I got the hog hunter so it was ready to go out of the box and the CVA still needed a scope. If you don't need a threaded barrel a scoped bolt action can be had for less.
According to this Thread the MSRP is going to be mid $300. I think that's going to make the Rossi really attractive.

Back when H&R/NEF was still making guns I was looking for an NEF .22lr. Every shop I went into had Rossi multi barrel kits in stock but no NEF. The Rossi with rimfire and shotgun barrel were less than the NEF in one chamber. I eventually ended with a .17 HMR. Not my best decision.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Moondog:
Fair enough.  I was thinking of the ammo restrictions in lower Michigan during deer season.  350 Legend is like a .357 with a bit more juice behind it.
View Quote

I am not familiar with 350 legend, can you shoot 38 and 357 in it?

I was thinking if I ever get a suppressor it would make a super quiet host, especially with 38 special.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By colklink:

I am not familiar with 350 legend, can you shoot 38 and 357 in it?

I was thinking if I ever get a suppressor it would make a super quiet host, especially with 38 special.
View Quote

350 Legend's parent case is a .223 necked up to 9mm (.355.)  It's a straight walled cartridge.  Bullet weights range from 125 to 280 gr

350 has a larger case capacity than .357 Maximum, and is capable of higher velocities and greater stopping power.

It can be used in an AR-15 action, and uses a .223/ 5.56 bolt
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SnaitN:

I've shot my buddy's CVA in 300 Black, I liked it a LOT.
View Quote

People’s reaction when I let them shoot mine with either a Hyperion or Nomad LT with subs is priceless.

Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Rossi's also making a .410/.45lc Tuffy Survivor based on the same action but with a pistol grip stock. This and the LWC in .300bo kinda have my attention. Used to have a Handi Rifle I picked up used back when they were as cheap (relatively) as these Rossis. I like break action single shots and Rossi has em in several calibers I like.

I have the Rossi Gallery gun I bough new a few years ago, ordered online for right at $200 including tax & transfer. For that kind of money I've been happy with it. Not the greatest trigger but no malfunctions, not ammo picky and above average accuracy. Been tempted to grab their bolt action .22wmr but these single shots look like more bang for the buck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top