Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2019 2:57:21 PM EDT
Just scored a LNIB FDE 16 for $1875 of Gunbroker to add to the collection.

Anything I should plan on upgrading besides the trigger? I have a 17s that is heavily modified and bought this 16 for the wife unit, planning to go the KISS route.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Owned a Scar 16 for a couple years. Bought mine at dealer cost. Was still too rich for my blood to keep so, sold it for fund other projects. Hands down, one of the finest semi-auto 5.56 rifles I ever shot. Depending on your wife's preference, may want the extended rail kit. Other than that, I'd recommend keeping it stock. Especially the internals. Invest in spare parts instead. (Spare trigger group parts, Piston / Piston Rings, Cam Pin, Firing Pin Ret. Pin, Recoil Spring, Spring Buffer). The firing pin retaining pin especially is retained by a rubber O-Ring. Depending on cleaning stuff you use, it may dry out or weaken that O-Ring.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Owned a Scar 16 for a couple years. Bought mine at dealer cost. Was still too rich for my blood to keep so, sold it for fund other projects. Hands down, one of the finest semi-auto 5.56 rifles I ever shot. Depending on your wife's preference, may want the extended rail kit. Other than that, I'd recommend keeping it stock. Especially the internals. Invest in spare parts instead. (Spare trigger group parts, Piston / Piston Rings, Cam Pin, Firing Pin Ret. Pin, Recoil Spring, Spring Buffer). The firing pin retaining pin especially is retained by a rubber O-Ring. Depending on cleaning stuff you use, it may dry out or weaken that O-Ring.
View Quote
I have the 6.5" mrex on my 17s, but want to keep this as light as possible. My understanding is many of the spare parts are interchangeable as well, and I'm well stocked on 17s parts. Still need a spare bolt and piston set however.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
If I was to do it again I'd look at the rail elimination kits from PMM.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Added rail space is nice depending on what you want to do with the rifle. I have the KDG extended rail on mine and it's a nice piece. Other than that though I'd say trigger, maybe grip, and a nice optic and you're set.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
PMM mag release button. It extends backward closer to try trigger. Besides the trigger upgrade, this is my second favorite SCAR upgrade. And if your wife has smaller hands. It makes it much easier to reach.

And nice score. That’s a crazy good price in today’s market.

Link Posted: 9/1/2019 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PMM mag release button. It extends backward closer to try trigger. Besides the trigger upgrade, this is my second favorite SCAR upgrade. And if your wife has smaller hands. It makes it much easier to reach.

And nice score. That’s a crazy good price in today’s market.

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/uploads/4/3/2/7/43273505/s977620473547721020_p77_i34_w800.jpeg
View Quote
It gets better, already had a Super Scar Trigger installed...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Add supressor if you can. A suppressed SCAR 16s is amazing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]
KDG MREX II is awesome. Definitely add one. A DeadAir Sandman K is a nice addition too. Read the gas jet thread here and swap your gas jet to optimize suppresses use.

My 16s is a SBR with factory 10” barrel. I love it.

Congrats, that’s an amazing price for a 16s, let alone one with a Geissele trigger.
Link Posted: 9/9/2019 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Love my scar 16.

Have put around 3k ish rds through it in the 16” config. Waiting on stamp to put the 10” factory barrel on it.

I have eotech, eotech magnifier, surefire m600 DF on there. Awesome set up.

I put magpie selector switch on mine as I did not like the factory scar one. I added PMM mag release which I feel is much needed. I also put the PMM BAD lever on it. Not needed but fun/cool. Works well.

Taking the rails off and putting MLOK is a nice touch.

The biggest upgrade it needs is the charging handle. I’m right handed and prefer to keep the charging handle on the left side of the gun. I put the Gg&G one on. Makes charging it with an optic much better/easier.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Love my Scar16.  Got mine in black bec the tan sticks out much more in the woods
Replaced the trigger to a Geiselle which I feel is the best upgrade
Replaced the CH to one that angles down
Replaced got an extended rail for it - which u don’t need really
Put a KDG stock - which I don’t need but looks a lot better

I keep it in the suppressor setting all the time and never had a malfunction
Soft shooting and accurate

It has replaced all my 9 ARs as my go to weapon. Because it’s better in every way!
The only two weapons that come close to this is the Bren and B&T
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
waiting on my form1 approval to put in 10" barrel and suppress it hard.

All I will have is T2 and that will do it. I don't need anything to do more than 200 yards at the most.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top