Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 9:44:19 PM EDT
I recently picked up my Flow 762 and I'm looking forward to shooting it. But, I need to install a muzzle device on my SCAR 20 first (either brake or FH). Do I need anything else though, like a taper adapter? I've heard the 17 needs one, but I don't have much suppressor experience and don't want to bork things up. I do have an alignment rod on the way so that is covered.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evil_Ed] [#1]
Originally Posted By MadMonkey:
I recently picked up my Flow 762 and I'm looking forward to shooting it. But, I need to install a muzzle device on my SCAR 20 first (either brake or FH). Do I need anything else though, like a taper adapter? I've heard the 17 needs one, but I don't have much suppressor experience and don't want to bork things up. I do have an alignment rod on the way so that is covered.
View Quote

If your muzzle device indexes off the barrel shoulder, then yes you need to get a shoulder adapter from somewhere. The SCAR's barrel is so thin it basically doesn't have a shoulder after the threading, not a useable one anyway.

If the muzzle device indexes off of the muzzle face, then keep on trucking.

Most vendors make/sell a SCAR-specific muzzle device for just this reason, that indexes off of the face of the muzzle vs the thread shoulder.

Edit - this is for a SCAR 16/17 - I don't know if the 20's barrel is thicker...if it is, then disregard!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:

If your muzzle device indexes off the barrel shoulder, then yes you need to get a shoulder adapter from somewhere. The SCAR's barrel is so thin it basically doesn't have a shoulder after the threading, not a useable one anyway.

If the muzzle device indexes off of the muzzle face, then keep on trucking.

Most vendors make/sell a SCAR-specific muzzle device for just this reason, that indexes off of the face of the muzzle vs the thread shoulder.

Edit - this is for a SCAR 16/17 - I don't know if the 20's barrel is thicker...if it is, then disregard!
View Quote

Yeah I believe the 20s got a “heavy” barrel that eliminated this issue.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Brutus_15:

Yeah I believe the 20s got a “heavy” barrel that eliminated this issue.
View Quote

Correct. Nothing special needed for the 20.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome, thank y'all
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Good choice in can!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dalyman72:
Good choice in can!
View Quote

Thanks, hope so

If it works well I'll likely pick up a second and maybe a Ventus.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Suppressed SCAR 20 is best SCAR 20 (soon to be replaced by even better cut down to 16” suppressed SCAR 20)

Top Top