Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2024 9:18:21 AM EDT
Safety lever on my P9s fell out on the range, and is lost forever.  I've been trying to find a replacement but I haven't had any luck.  

Anyone know a good source for these parts?  I've tried SARCO, Numerich and HKParts without success.

Link Posted: 6/10/2024 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you call HK?
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 4:41:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
You would have more luck dragging a rolling magnet over the range to find it than locating one on line. These were made in Germany and even the mags were impossible to find in the 80s.
If you could get the blueprint design from H&K a machine shop might be able to make one. Or if you can locate another P9s and a Machinist measure the part he can build it. There never were a lot of them around the pistol was years ahead of its time. Coolest disassembly of any gun ever, and super accurate. Sorry Bro.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep an eye on gunbroker for part outs or rough pistols for spare parts. I bought a spare P9S for roughly $400 as a parts gun.
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#4]
gunpartscorp.com shows the safety lever in stock for $83.75 part #604000
Link Posted: 6/10/2024 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Try ebay as well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Two new developments:

1. When I took the gun apart to install the new safety, I discovered the old one had fractured into two parts.  I chalk that up to 49 years of metal fatigue.

2. Once installed, the new safety won't engage.  I checked several times and the firing pin is oriented correctly. Function check appears to be okay (except for the safety lever).

Any ideas on what the issue is?

I don't normally use the safety (I load it and decock it) but I'd like to have the gun in correct working condition if someday I decide to sell it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top